12 Days of Holidays - Day 7!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

The 12 Days of Holidays have come to EverQuest II! It's time to celebrate the Holidays with daily offers and deals.
    Today's deal is:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Bag of Sweets
    Each Bag of Sweets contains either one of nine gumdrop house pets or one of four gingerbread man player illusion. Which item you receive – gumdrop or gingerbread – is random each time. Some of the gumdrop house pets are also available a la carte in the Marketplace. Update - These treats don't last very long when outside of the Bag of Sweets! The a la carte gumdrop pets will only be available through Wednesday, December 19th at 10:00pm PST. The Bag of Sweets will remain on the Marketplace.
    While these items will be available in the Marketplace throughout Frostfell, these discounted prices are good TODAY ONLY!
    Also, make sure you check out our Sale category for great deals throughout the holiday season! Fun and festive items are marked down for a limited time!
    Check back daily through December 24, 2012 to find something special each day when you log in.
  2. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

*grumble* still not the FF wonderland village as a prestige house.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Oooh! I like this much better! I really don't like the gingerbread house pets with huge bites in them, and half of the jars I opened were those. But I adore these cutey gumdrops. :D And I also really like the fierce gingerbread illusions.

Only one thing missing this festival with these gumdrops and gingerbread men, and that is dungeon spawners. As broken as much of the dungeon maker is, I would still love to make a dungeon with gumdrop and gingerbread mobs.

But I am wondering, were the gingerbread illusions made heirloom and not lore? Seems like the only way to fix the problem where some people got nothing from the jar if they had gotten the illusion the jar had "in" it already.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

Yes. They are Treasured, Heirloom, No-Value, and Attuneable. Here's a link to one of them from EQ2U: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3650521000
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Update - These treats don't last very long when outside of the Bag of Sweets! The a la carte gumdrop pets will only be available through Wednesday, December 19th at 10:00pm PST. The Bag of Sweets will remain on the Marketplace.
  6. Kesstryl Member

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing!
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Had a better ratio today.. got at least one each of all 9 house pets by #20 and ended up getting one illusion in about every 10. Bought 32 total so ended up with 3 illusions: Irate, Affronted and Bitter. I'd assume that "Sulky" is the other one. The "tasty orange gumdrop" was far too common; ended up with 10 of those.

I agree with above, would've loved these as DM spawners. Same goes for the dozens of extra activators Santa Glug is giving me: would have been better served as spawners.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

For the illusions, these are the four available in the Bag of Sweets:
    • Sulky Gingerbread Illusion
    • Irate Gingerbread Illusion
    • Affronted Gingerbread Illusion
    • Bitter Gingerbread Illusion
    They are all "angry" gingerbread men.
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Sigh, I warned my son, but at least he has a bunch of cute gumdrops to put in his house. He tried 35 times, got all gumdrops and NO illusions. Spent one third of the station cash we got him for Christmas too.

This is an abysmal drop rate and inexcusible!

----------------------------------------------

In comparison, remember the easter deal? You got a random color set of bunny hat, cloak, and a cute drooly fat baby dragon house pet. So only the possible color was a variable. Much much fairer. And I suspect no one felt ripped off when buying those sets.
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Calthine Well-Known Member

That's really good feedback.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

See, with these things, I buy a couple... and that's it. I refuse to get into the mentality of MUST...HAVE....! It's kind of fun, but I refuse to spend a lot of SC trying to get a low drop rate item and getting others I don't want in the process.
    Cyliena likes this.
  12. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I discovered the bag of treats on the marketplace and said sure, in the spirit of fun and Frostfell I'll roll the dice a few times and get a gingerbread illusion. I knew full well that the gumdrops were fillers to burn through some of my station cash, fair enough. Nine fillers versus four prizes. Assuming it was rigged to make me spend about as much as a mount, I figured I'd blow through as much as $20 before an illusion would drop. 3000 SC later, still no illusion.

The sales line states that which one you receive is random each time, but in a game where everything "random" is rigged one way or another, it's clear that the SOE version of random in this case varies considerably from mine. So instead of blowing a bit of real money to feed the EQII machine and enjoying the spirit of the season with a cute illusion, I'm stuck with a bag full of stupid gumdrops, 3000 wasted currency, and a refreshed realization that the only person with poorer judgement than the folks who run SOE's microtransaction business, is me.