New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Catin of Runnyeye Member

The default level for depositing items with "Deposit All" in the Harvest Supply Depot needs to be set to "Common" or people are going to spend a lot of time pulling items they did not mean to deposit out of the Supply Depot. Or they simply will not use "Deposit All". This will be even worse for people who cannot remove items from the Depots and result in a flood of petitions.
  2. Eshaac Active Member

Please read this entire thread. This has been an ongoing subject and you'll see the same thoughts, questions you are asking already mentioned at length .. You will also see the Dev's responses and etc...

Eshaac
  3. Sabaar Member

I have read it. That does not change the fact that these went live this way and half of our guild can not craft now or use the other depots.
  4. Eshaac Active Member

If your using a custom ui, then you need to see about getting updated as there are choices to make in regards to what type you are wanting to deposit.

[IMG]

Eshaac
  5. Catin of Runnyeye Member

I am using the default UI. The default setting for depositing in the Harvesting Supply Depot is "All". I am suggesting the default should be "Common" to prevent Rares and the like being deposited by mistake.
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

BUG - Drednever journal page (insert page number) doesn't go into the collectible depot. I've only personally been able to test it with Drednever journal page 4, but I'd assume that none of them go in there.

If it's an issue of them being marked as "no-value" it's possible that Snuffing the Fireknight have the same issue (hubby going to test this in a few, will update). (snuffing the fireknight does work--drednever does not!)
  7. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Better yet let it default to whatever we had it set at last, I know most will want common as default but since I'll cram everything in there I'll want ALL as default, so in order to not push another option into the options menu just let it use whatever it was set to last time we used it.
  8. Eshaac Active Member

lol, is really that hard to make a selection before you hit the deposit all button.. .come on folks.. your getting a bit lazy here..

Eshaac
  9. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Not really hard per se but hard to remember if its set to something different, so prone to errors. It proberbly wouldn't have much effect on me anyways since I'll use the personal box and can withdraw the stuff again, but in guilds it will, like Catin pointed out, make things a pain if someone depostied his rares which he didn't want to give the guild.
  10. SandsMans Active Member

Since things like collectibles and lore and legend parts don't have a level assigned to them, would it be possible to tag them with say the expansion that they first appeared in or some other value that would let us sort and filter on them on something aside from their name?

Example:
    Qty, Name, Expansion (Instead of Level since they're all 0)
    (Shinies)
    5, halfling femur, EoF
    1, lost soul, DoF
    30, spotted tan moth, Shattered Lands
    (Lore and Legend)
    14, giant toe, Shattered Lands
    39, brownie heart, EoF
    7, ravasect pincers, KoS

Also, a cheesecake in the sky request! - An account linked depot that would let people with multiple accounts stuff heirloom items in there and be able to take them out on any character across all accounts linked. :D The whole guild would be able to use it and only see items that are linked to their account(s). (This would only house heirloom items, so it would not be a replacement for a bank.)
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Aren't most L&Ls already sortable by name? I think that would be the way to go. Sorting by expansion seems like a lot of unnecessary work. (In other words, I don't want anything else delaying the release of the personal versions :p)
  12. Juraviel Active Member

Well this has really messed up things with our guild and the harvest depot. Most in the guild cant access the depots now or craft in the hall due to rank restrictions. Not fun at all...
  13. SandsMans Active Member

The Strange Black Ore (\aITEM -286653092 -1668992868:Strange Black Ore\/a) used to make the Wyrmsteel weapons for the Darathar fight is not flagged to be put into the harvest depot.
  14. Thothe New Member

Yes, you can see if you need a particular collectible piece by mousing over it, but when you are looking at 500 items in a depot, that can get extremely tedious. When you go to sell things to a merchant currently, all collectibles in your inventory you've already used are named grey (like they are in your highlight) instead of white if you have not collected that particular piece. Adding the greying function and "hide unusable" to the depot would be ideal.
    Cyliena likes this.
  15. Caela Well-Known Member

When I first read about people wanting the collectables and L&L pieces grayed out, I thought "oh, how silly, just mouse over". But after seeing it live yesterday, it was pretty annoying.

I support the greying of pieces you have already examined.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Please do not include transmuted materials in 'common'. Makes the whole deposit all useless for me since it takes muted materials.
    Ptraci likes this.
  17. Terrogaunt Developer

Adding something like this wouldn't be completely out of the question, but it would mean more time required to pull down the info from the depot. When we check if you need an item for a collection, we have to compare it to every collection available to see if it will fit in any for you. Doing this on a depot that has ~3000 items for every single item sounds incredibly inefficient.

I'll see about doing some comparison testing to see exactly how much time it will add. If it's doable and doesn't cause issues, I'll look into a UI option for it.
  18. Kinya Active Member

I just bought L&L Depot and I am not able to target it and move it... I can't do anything with it...
  19. Anaogi Well-Known Member

I'd spend more time on the Harvest Depot security issues already discussed, frankly--that's already having negative effects...
    Bibbs likes this.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

How about only doing it when we check a checkbox, make it a complete display filter (ie, items we already have don't list).

ie, open the depot, all items are there. (no performance hit). If someone hits the checkbox, it does the compare/filter, and only displays needed items. Whatever the performance hit is, it only happens on demand, and when perfoming an action people understand might take a moment.