Little tired of the dreary/drab swamp/jungle scenes..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by xephier, Nov 12, 2012.

1. xephier Active Member

Why is there so little content like the Vigilant instances, bright, inventive, interesting. I find that much of the content has been very depressing and uninteresting in recent years, from the swamplands of guk to the swamplands of the withered lands, and best I can tell this next expac is going to be another swamp/forest setting. As inventive as SOE thinks they are with the "Mayan ruins" setting, it just reminds me a lot of cazic thule.

Anyways my reasoning for this thread: I was sitting in withered lands just now after lvling a couple of my toons for the new expansion, and realized just how depressing the surroundings are, and it wont stop raining!!

Oh, and I guess by "content" I mean overland zones mainly.(didn't realize that until I re-read my thread >,<)
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

The new zones sure aren't drab or dreary. Your eyeballs may melt. ;)

As for Cazic Thule, yes they are revisiting this but it's completely built from the ground up. Basically as awesome as Cazic Thule would look if they had the tools back then.
  3. Terein Active Member

I think SoE just really loves Swamps and Jungles. There's been one in like every expansion except DoF. I understand the zones have to be based on EQ1, however they could really do anything they wanted, maybe the sad depressing swamp dried up into a happy little desert, why not?

The new zones aren't really that dreary though, they're a bit more vibrant than most of the jungles before them.

(Also this thread is a good example of why the Look and Feel + Zones and Population forum should exist..)
  4. Arioc New Member

I loved the Echo's zones, even Loping Planes somborn was gloomy in contrast to the hyper-color of Lesser Fay. In general EQ2 tends to have a somewhat drab pallet, and their use of "noise" overlays to add age and wear to things mutes allot of the base color.

Look at Kingdom of sky, those sandstone and turquoise mosaic halls of the Aviak (previously the Efreet) are super bright and vivid.

I like the look of the new Freeport revamp, saturated golds and warm stone.
  5. Peeler New Member

Except they are devoid of any content.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Have you been on beta?
  7. Pengefinchess New Member

Peeler - youve put a bunch of replies/posts up ( and you're entitled to youre opinion..) but youre tremendously negative fella. go and try something else, good luck with whatever game you try.
  8. Terein Active Member

Lacking content compared to previous expansions yes, however there is certainly content there, I've seen it! :p
  9. ITPalg Member

[quote="xephier, post: 1834, member: 1078"

Anyways my reasoning for this thread: I was sitting in withered lands just now after lvling a couple of my toons for the new expansion, and realized just how depressing the surroundings are, and it wont stop raining!!

[/quote]

You do realize that the dragon flying around is the cause of much of the rain and that you have to do the quest line to stop it?
  10. xephier Active Member

You do realize that the dragon flying around is the cause of much of the rain and that you have to do the quest line to stop it?[/quote]

I have been told this but 2 things, A: I know the quest line gives a cloak that stops you from being knocked from the sky, does it also stop the rain and somehow bring out the sun? B: I only know of one way to obtain the cloak and it is a crafting timeline, I have done every quest I've seen and not found one otherwise, I've asked 1-9 and they just give smarta$$ comments and basically tell me I should find it myself. also, even if I get the cloak, it's crap and looks like crap, am I really forced to wear it in withered lands over my current fabled cloak just to stop the rain?(pro-tip: it'd make more sense if it was a buff rather than a cloak)

And as for the new zones, I haven't explored them widely, only touched in on the beta, and the new character select screen does look promising if much of the content reflects on that. Although as best I can tell it's still some form of jungle, I just wish SOE would grow an imagination is all, ya got more to work with than ground and trees, try putting some of that into the overland content.
  11. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Dreary, drab? I take it you haven't even been in beta. I would like to see you say this vibrant jungle is dreary and drab after the game gets back up and you have explored the new region. One part of it will be dreary but it fits in the story line.
  12. Ridolain Active Member

Ugh jungles. I remember when I first stepped into Ferrott. Goodness ... that was horrible! Never went back to level in there since unless I have to.

I actually like the WL, though my only complaint is the gazillion aggro creatures. Meh.