Layout Editor Download (version 1.7.2.14)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by JesDyr, Nov 9, 2012.

1. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Download Here

Version Up 6/22/12 (Version 1.7.2.14)
    * add to group default to currently selected group.
    * Scale “Set to” now accepts +/- modifiers (example – using “-0.5″ will subtract .5 from the scale of the selected items)
    * Added code to help fix external group data corruption (will also create a backup of the previous file).
    * Added “Text Creator” with some initial fonts. Also added the Fontmaker program.
    * Fixed Typo on Circle/spirals window for start angle
    * Added ability to save variables on the Circle/Spiral tool (cannot delete them unless you edit the XML file in the assets folder)
    * fixed some issues with Mirroring
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Any chance to get this thread stickied to the top of Homeshow again please?
    Senya likes this.
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Sure thing! :)
  4. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Dexella .. any chance we will be able to edit threads in the future ? .. if not then I would rather remake this thread to be less version specific.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

For the moment, the edit lock will remain (35 minutes), but it is something we are considering changing in the future.
  6. Afista Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind it... but just can't see why people are not allowed to update posts. Why should people have to dig through pages of information for the latest version of something when the original poster can just update the first post on a page? Is the only other option is to continue to post "new" posts repeatedly to update the first box of something?
    Juraiya, TarnaX, Taysa and 2 others like this.
  7. Senya Well-Known Member

Please change the edit lock. This thread is a prime example of why someone would want to edit and update a single post rather than continuously making new posts.
    Juraiya, TarnaX and Kisy like this.
  8. Rolaryn Active Member

Agreed. i dont even know why they have to "think about it"
    TarnaX and Kisy like this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Agreed with above posters.
    TarnaX likes this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

What's the text creator for? Can we actually change the text in player written books?
  11. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

The text creator allows you to "write" text using the spines of books, for large wall signs.

Like so:

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kitzy like this.
  12. HowsMouse New Member

I find it strange that SOE would allow the layout editor to be posted here since Sony does not support its use and blames it for any house bugs reported when it was used.

I personally LOVE the editor and use it all the time but if Sony is going to reject its use then Sony needs to come up with a game tool like EQ1 has so we have more options that Sony support. Would also be nice if Sony made their houses with less bugs. Getting really tired of loosing items in the floors, walls or just find them missing or moved when you go into your house. The New Halas large houses are the worse for bugs that I have found so far and I own more than 30 prestiges houses. The worse guild hall for major bugs is the Antonica guild hall that I have foundso far. I havent decroated all the guild halls yet so may be worse out there yet for me to find.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hopefully, those can also be the "non-counting" books to cut down on filled item slots! ;->

I still love that one 2-room house that was completely "decorated" (bed, chairs, table, entertainment center, etc.), all with books that didn't count against the total item slots. Tons of furniture, 0/200. ;->

Uwk
  14. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Sony does not support it in the traditional sense, since Sony is not responsible for its creation. However, when Jesdyr (the creator of the layout editor) asked that houses be given Unique IDs, Sony immediately made those IDs available to us.

Remember that GMs are only human, and only know as much as they've encountered before and can find in their database. I have never had a GM blame the layout editor for problems I've had occur in houses--but then, I'm also very knowledgeable in the use of the layout editor, and so can fix any problems that occur with its use.

The layout editor falls in the same class of things as UI mods do--Sony does not actively support the mods because they are not the ones writing the programs. However, they will work with mod authors to ensure that any problems encountered with creating mods can be fixed, and mods can be used easily.

Yep, these books are all books that do not count against the item count! Of course, there is a hidden cap of 2,000 "non-counting" books on houses, but oh well!

And yes, Aurelis did a lovely job on the 0 item count house.
    Juraiya and Kisy like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Only 2,000? Sigh... :-/

Uwk
    Kisy likes this.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The current edit lock timer does have a number of benefits. I do not know if I would support a global adjustment (neither lengthening or removal).

However!

Perhaps an option could be made available to SOE staff (mods, yourself, etc), to flag a -specific- post, allowing the poster to edit it regardless of the 35 minute window.

For example, you could flag JesDyr's original post in this thread, allowing JesDyr to go back and edit it any time they desire. But, any other posts made by JesDyr in this thread, will be subject to the standard 35 minute lock (unless it also gets flagged).
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome suggestion! I'd also like the ability to delete our own posts...heaven knows there are some less-than-stellar ones out there... ::blushing::

Uwk
  18. Avirodar Well-Known Member

That is where I am inclined to disagree. I prefer a system where there is a measure of finality. Post what you mean to say, and say it well, for it is there to stay.

Another simple way to look at it... Being able to go back and edit a post, hours after people have already replied to it several times, does not make for a very smooth discussion, especially for people who read it days later.

Sometimes we go and grab a coffee, then read over a post we made, only to realise how bad it was. 35 minutes is more than an ample grace period to re-read your post, and make sure you got it right. After the grace period, we all need to live with it.

Of course, there are exceptions (like the first post in this thread). but I believe they are the vast minority.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Point; the old forums may have been getting too complicated/bogged down/etc. and that's why they went to a more "streamlined" version?

Uwk
  20. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Actually .. I think that is misleading. As far as I can tell, there is a hard cap of 2500 displayed items no matter what they are. I think the original 2000 no count books was from someone with 500 items already in the house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.