New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

As it stands, a majotrity of guilds that are not at cap can't afford the amenities they want. Please consider cutting us a break on these depots. There has to be some 'benefits of belonging' type of scenario when you purchase a guild hall. Mailboxes should never have consumed an amenity slot to begin with. Would you buy a house in the real world that had no access to mail? I believe portal pads, broker, banker and commodities merchant should be included as well just so we can afford these depots and (ofcoarse) give you accurate data. /cough
    Guiscard and Cyliena like this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

To save you guys time and greif, why not just convert houses into mini guild halls? Looks like you're going that direction anyways.
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Meh. Merchants should have a cost associated with them even if they change them to not take an ammenity slot (like the hall guards), npcs don't work for free!~

If they did that it'd require a revamp of ammenities per level though, because at cap you're really only using 25 ammenity slots out of 37 usable, unless you want fluff like bartender, goblin, creature conj, stylist, cloak designer...
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

They still cost status and plat. Perhaps an option to unlock the amenity for 1000p or a really high price? It's still better than having to choose the most needed amenities each 5 levels.
    Pijotre likes this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I would support and be happy if its coded to hold a set quantity, non-stackable!
    I would also be happy if it only held dropped books and not hold anything handcrafted or mastercrafted. Just the sheer number of recipes, adepts and masters, is enough to help a guild not having to try to store that stuff!

Its wishful thinking to have it hold everything that goes in a scroll stand, but I'd be happy with just dropped-only books!
    Cloudrat likes this.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

I could see a use for the fuel depot - a way to reimburse crafters for the fuels they use to make the things that are going in the food, ammo, and potions depots. However, one problem remains - average joe guild member doesn't know how much fuel something costs, so he doesn't know how much fuel to deposit when he takes out a stack of food/potion/ammo.

A much better implementation all the way around for this sort of thing would be a Guild Broker that would just sell things to guild members - then crafters can set the cost to be the same as the fuel cost (or more or less, depending on their personal policy).

However, I realize that's a whole 'nother animal as we say in Texas... And the fuel depot will probably fill the need until the broker system is overhauled, and hopefully a guild broker can be implemented with it.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  7. Avianna Well-Known Member

as far as the fuel depot, if your guild is one that can support folks using the fuels then get it. If it cannot then don't get it. My guild is gonna LOVEEEEEEEE! The fuel depot just exactly the way it is.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Now, the million plat question in my mind is ... when do you hope for this to go live? Since I'm going to be putting up a Frostfell preview tomorrow, I'm wondering what blurb I can also include about the depots. I can safely say there will be much, much rejoicing over this promising first installment of depot love. :D

~Mum
    Avianna and Cyliena like this.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Guild only broker would be amazing.
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

The more testing we get the better the chance. We would *really* like to get it in before the holidays but need to get as much testing on it as we can. Our poor QA department has been working crazy hours non-stop for months and we keep sending stuff to them like the depots. So please the more you guys test this stuff out the better chance we have to get it on live soon.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Hence why we bought all 7 of them for the beta HoT guild. We'll keep a-poking at them for you! :D
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

To the devs, THANK YOU! for 1.) giving us these fabulous new depots and 2.) for being so active here on this forum and keeping us informed and involved.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Since there's a second patch today, I'll specify that this is before patch 2.

The ammo depot is also displaying off the item level instead of the use level - indium field point arrows are showing as level 60, when they should be showing level 50. Rhenium field point arrows and rhenium shuriken are showing level 95 instead of level 90.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Collectible Depot spawns so that it is halfway sunken into the floor, and is exceedingly fussy on placement. I didn't realize at first that it was as deep as it was - it looked like a satchel lying on its side, not a deeper box. The anchor point on it may be a bit askew.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Unless I am misunderstanding how the access setting for these is supposed to work, I think there's something awry. The access seems to only limit who can deposit items into the depot (such as "Friend"), and regardless of what access setting you have, only trustees can withdraw from them, period. While that may have been good for the harvestables depot, since folks can craft from it even if they can't raid it for stacks and stacks, it means that if a guild wants all their members to have access to L&L items, or glowies or such, then they're going to have to give all member ranks trustee access, and give them access to everything, which may not be optimal.

I'm going to hazard a guess that some guildleaders may want to have different access levels on different depots without having to give everyone and their cousin trustee access. (Or without having to have an officer run to the guildhall every time someone needs a lore and legend piece from the depot ;D)
    Guiscard and Cloudrat like this.
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I just cleaned out the home depots I had and put them in the guild depot using the deposit all option. This is the best thing that has happened to the game since it's inception !!!! No more carpal tunnel aggravating drag and drop of hundreds of items. You deserve a great big cheer for this ! Hug and and kisses and showers of roses. Go Team !
    [IMG]
  17. Naerae New Member

Oooo very coool !!! I was not expecting something like this but what a great idea to save on guild bank space :) Isent in a feedback just a few days ago about making harvest depots bigger !
    Also if the costs for these is so high how do you expect low population guilds to achieve these amenities ? I myself run a small guild and its hard enough leveling us to 50 for a tier 2 hall
    Guiscard likes this.
  18. Kinya Active Member

Is it possible to check depots in HoT guild hall or is it closed to public? If not, then where can I find your GH please? :D
  19. Avianna Well-Known Member

How much are these amenities going for? Something I definitely would like to know.
    Guiscard likes this.
  20. Mysstie Well-Known Member

While the fuel depot wouldn't make much sense in our guild (the fuel merchant is right there anyway), I would soooooo want to put a personal one in my Tradeskilling hub. The fact that it's being made for guild halls means it's a step in that direction. :)