New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Terrogaunt Developer

I might be able to remove the maker's mark on items deposited, if that's what you guys want from the functionality.
    Edit: Feldon called this one. It's definitely the item level.
    Cyliena likes this.
  2. Eshaac Active Member

Ok, have tried to put these items in collectable box.. “mottled crab shell, a shiny turtle shell, , a crooked turtle tail, a watery turtle eye, squishie crab eye, a fractured turtle beak, halas sealing wax, halas notepaper, halas stamp, halas letterhead,

They will not go in..

Eshaac
  3. Uberfuzzy Member

4. slippery Well-Known Member

Can it do that on the broker as well? I occasionally have stacking issues on the broker with arrows as well. Edit: Just for arrows, it is fine for other stuff

Also, as to the fuel depot, the cost is a bit high but I'd use it. Especially with mass combines and stuff
    endertank likes this.
  5. Terrogaunt Developer

I tried out a few from your list and they all seemed to work. Are you doing this with the Deposit All button or by hand? If you do it by hand, it will give you error messages. If done by deposit all, it deposits a max amount of items (set by a variable on the server) and then makes you click again after.

Can you try again and let me know if it says anything when you do it by hand?
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I suspect that having it auto-remove the maker's mark when dropping food, drink, ammo, potions and poisons into the appropriate dept is likely going to be the best option. (Tested on food, and yep, I called it, the stacking issue is there as well.) Otherwise we're going to be micro-managing those containers trying to get stuff to stack properly so it isn't taking up several slots for a single item.

More testing on the collectibles depot, and we've yet to find anything that fits in it (tried lore glowies and collection pages).

Meanwhile, the "level" display for the collectibles and lore and legend depots are superfluous. Not really anything game-breaking to leave them there, but they're not really of any use. :D

I have to agree with several folks that I don't really see the usefulness of a guild fuel depot, especially with a fuel salesman amenity. As a personal *house* amenity, I could see a huge demand, but not as a hall amenity. Most guildhall crafters have to cough up their own cash for fuel, so the vendor works just fine. :D

And, from left field, instead of making yet another post before I run for an appointment ... thank you, thank you, thank you for the extra depot love ... now, can we please see some oomph added to the personal depot as far as storage space? /ducks and runs, giggling.
    Pijotre likes this.
  7. Dethdlr Active Member

Wow! This is really nice and really unexpected. It's like an early Frostfell present. :)

Any thoughts on an Advanced Recipe Book depot? That's another thing that tends to clog our guild bank from time to time. Probably wouldn't be very large stacks though.
    Caela likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I am in the Heroes of Test hall in Gorowyn on Beta (since it was patched first), and I tried both manually dropping them in and with the Deposit All button.

The character I have in there right this moment is trying with pristine shard of conjuration, a splintered plank, and two pages from EL and none of them will go in automagically or by hand. If it is working for you on your internal server, perhaps something pertaining to that container missed the beta patch? /confused shrug You're welcome to come try in our depot and see if you have better luck - it is in the entry area ;D

edit: no error message on deposit all, just nothing drops in ... manually, it says "You cannot place this item into the container"
  9. Terrogaunt Developer

That is the exact error message I was looking for! Thanks :D
  10. Eshaac Active Member

Hi, sorry had to log off, but Niami is correct in what she just posted.. :)

I had done them manually and had not tried the deposit all button..

Eshaac
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

what a nice frostfell present.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Looks like Maevianiu is finally getting those depots. He would put everything in depot's if he could hehe.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

But I can see deposting thousands of fuel for some mass crafting and find I run out, because someone else used my fuel, it just doesn't make sense for such an amenity. Unless of course you have your own personal guildhall that no one else uses :cool:
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes, scrap the fuel depot and put in a recipe depot that will hold 99,999 "books" which wll include recipe books, adepts, masters! That has got to be the biggest clog for any guild!
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

When I used all my milk water and dough got dumped in guildhall harvest depot as did parsnips which can't be used in a guildhall.

Lore and legends need more items since there are at least 43 of them x 5 parts.

Fuel depot makes no sense imho and was asked for homes not guildhalls.

Great stuff overall!!!

Thank you Thank you~~~~:<@
  16. Omougi Member

We tried to get a spell upgrade depot in, but unfortunately it's going to take significantly more work than the other depots due to how our spellscrolls work. It's going to take some time to do it right, but it's definitely something we all want to do.
    Cloudrat and Cyliena like this.
  17. Terrogaunt Developer

25 classes * 95 levels * x amount of spells per level (let's say 3) * 4 tiers (journeyman - master) * the number of active guilds who might use such a feature = a whole lot of database entries!
    We should probably see how well we handle what we're giving you now first :p
    Cyliena likes this.
  18. Omougi Member

A Personal variant of the fuel depot is something we considered, but we want to see the effects of this current batch of depots before we add any more, especially personal ones. :)

Lore and Legend should have enough (set to 500 right now). Let us know if you are running into problems here and we'll look into giving it a bump.
    Pijotre and Cloudrat like this.
  19. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Absolutely right I would. However, we are going to have to do it in chunks. So we are sticking to the current depot roster for now, with adding more later and the idea of personal depots. I want to see how you guys use these so I can accommodate your demands on the storage side.

I would really love to see the recipe book depot and spell one but they would be over our data budget... for now.
  20. Avianna Well-Known Member

I am definitely hoping we get a personal fuel depot, I have been begging for it for at least two years, even got told my wish would finally come true by frostfell. So I am hold you all to that! :)