Frostfell 2012 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Kaitheel Developer

I don't mind people jumping ahead and not having to fight all of the gingerbread, gingerdread and gumdrops in the zone.

Instead, loot should be put on them to encourage it.

~Kaitheel
    Dendrelis and Cyliena like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, just like backpacks and cloaks, the scarf shares the back slot and cannot be shown at the same time as wings.

~Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

That's the intention of the alternate locations, yes.

~Kaitheel
  4. Mysticalmaid Member

Is there any chance of the robes used in Frostfell Outfits You Can Make IV getting slightly adjusted so they fit a fae better. With the Frostfell colour schemes on items like Blue and White Frostfell Robe it looks worse on Fae than normal. There is major clipping of the Right Left Knee at the front, and clipping at the back that really spoils the look. The robes are gorgeous however and I really LOVE the helmets, can't wait to see what's in the newest recipe books once it finishes downloading..
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Is it feasible for the scarfs to be changed to be shoulder slot?
    Kaitheel and Cloudrat like this.
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

One huge difference is the mounts from other holidays are bought with tradeable tokens so you can buy them from the farmers on the broker, but tokens used in this holiday are Heirloom:(((
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

Could they drop Frozen Tokens?
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Candy race: Antonica
    I noticed what Absyntheea did with the slow spawning candies for the race, except I was in Antonica. They didn't actually spawn for me until a couple seconds after the bell had rung to begin. It was nice during the prior holiday races starting to see things pop up a few seconds before the bell to begin.

Price of mount
    500 is steep. If you don't want people to have an easy in for mounts(flying or otherwise) make them appearance only. No matter what though, the prices of the holiday mounts needs to be cheaper, just to make things less of a chore.

Frostfell crafting materials & the bag
    This has been an ongoing issue. Every year we players bring it up. Either we have far too many crafting ingredients or the bag is just too small. Surely there is some feasible way to cut the total number of ingrediants down to fit in the bag without sacrificing recipes or adding a few more slots in the bag to accomodate the number of harvests we have. Give the bag the size of a salesman crate & we'd be good =) even if you add more ingrediants in the future (hope you guys don't though, too many as it is).
    Pijotre, Dendrelis, Kaitheel and 4 others like this.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I fully approve of this message. ;)
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Not at this time, and out of my scope. It's an issue with the base model of that robe, not just with the holiday version of it.

~Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. They were built as a back slot. That is the only place that they can take up in your inventory.

~Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

As this has been explained in previous years:
    1) The bag size is the max that our code will allow. There is no way to increase it. We hit the container max.
    2) I do not have the time to go back and recreate (and test) all of the Frostfell recipes in order to accommodate the lowering of ingredients.
    3) Managing your inventory is the only challenge to this tradeskilling. You don't have to travel far to harvest them, and you don't have to compete for them in a potentially dangerous area.

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

There's more that I am working on, but I wanted to let you know of some Frostfell changes headed your way:
    • The prices for the "Frostfell Storm Wings" and "Frostfell Snow Cloud" have been reduced.
    • Descriptions on the "Candy-Striped Frostfell Mug" and "Classic Frostfell Mug" now better fit the object.
    • "Candy-Striped Cudgel of Gloom" and "Candy-Striped Cudgel of Death" recipes are now spelled correctly.
    • Gumdrop flavor pets should now react to being poked.
    • Merry Mischief - Gumdrops are much easier.
    • Merry Mischief - Gingerbread and gingerdread creatures should be far less social now.
    • Merry Mischief - Gumdrops, gingerbread and gingerdread creatures now all have a chance to drop loot.
    • Frostfell Fanatic - The fanatical objects should now all properly update the quest.
    • Frostfell Candy Grab - Frostfell candies should show up before race begins now.
    I am not sure when they will make it to Test & Beta, but they should be included with the update notes at that time.

Thank you for the testing so far! Keep it coming!

~Kaitheel
    Afista, Absyntheea and Cyliena like this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I figured that was the answer to # 1 about the bags. I thought I'd read that somewhere before.

Pity about the # of items though. I understand time is an issue with you guys. Maybe one day you all will have a bored intern or something (haha bored...HAH!)

Thanks for answering definatively. :)
    Cloudrat and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Dragan Active Member

A guildy of mine was mentioning a graphics glitch (one sided graphics I believe)on the gravy boats, not sure if she was on Live or test at the time.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yup, thanks muchly :) If we can't have our gimmee, the definitive answer is always appreciated!
    Cyliena and Kaitheel like this.
  17. Calthine Well-Known Member

Oh BOY! Thanks :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Cinnamon Active Member

I'm a bit confused is to why you would have to recreate the recipes? The way I thinking it could be more of matter of 'code' of allowing certain recipes to accept lets says a new component like for example a Forstfell Pattern that could take place of old the Patterns, but still accept the old versions and also do it with the fabrics dyes by calling it a Prismatic dye. I know there is few more like the gems, wrapping paper and (non fabric) dyes.These are probably the biggest redundant ones that should have been a single component from the get go and not had such a variety of them to begin with?

PS- by the way, any chance the Gingerbreads be made into mini plushies to decorate our Trees with?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Calthine Well-Known Member

Answer: It's not as easy as you think, and not broken enough to spend time that could be better spent, oh, making dungeons.
    Kaitheel and Absyntheea like this.
  20. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Even though I don't know much about coding or programming or the like.. I would have to agree. It seems that they can change one little thing somewhere and break something in some completely different part of the game. As much as I hate the bag space issue.. it's really probably a big "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it" thing.
    Kaitheel and Calthine like this.