Conj question about weird hot bar thing

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Skpamd, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Skpamd Active Member

Today I was cleaning up my hot bars and I noticed when I right clicked my pets on my hot bar another window appeared with all my pets in an order that makes no sense at all. What is this thing? How do I read it? Can I get rid of it? Also what is a dimensional storage? How would one use it? Is it useful? Oh and how does one clear it out?

Ty
  2. Dinwiz Active Member

that right click does showing all ur pets , not sure why - maybe it was useful few years back?

dimensional storage will let you store one pet then when you can summon different pet , and if/when pet dies , you can hit that button and get the previous pet that you saved showing up fast (much lower casting time , can also use it to switch from one pet to the other quick without having to summon it)

again not sure how useful it is since mage pet is the best , maybe could save you when you soloing if your at lower lvls

sry if im wrong my conj is just a alt i dont care about atm :oops:
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

The pet's hotbar thingy is a bug that happens from time to time since they released the Beastlord class,

Dimensional storage let you "store" a pet. Its usefulness depends on how often your pet dies tbh. In solo, it let you "instapop" a pet rather than trying to summon a new one while mobs are beating on you. In group/raid, you gain some DPS (the 5+ seconds you would have spend casting a pet)
  4. Skpamd Active Member

Ty so much Ragna. I have tried everything I could think of to get rid of it from taking out my ui to uninstalling the game, resetting aa & character traits trying to figure this out.
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

Its not so much a bug as a feature, to allow you to have one pet summon instead of 3. The problem is, unlike BL's who only have one version of each pet summon button, summoners have many, and they are not in order so its hard to determine which is the one you should be using. It also sometimes switches to some other pet summon spell without warning.

The workaround for this, and what I use, is to use a macro for each pet type. That way the spell never changes, and I don't mind using 3 hotkeys as long as they stay what they should be =)