Frostfell 2012 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The "Classic Frostfell Mug" and "Candy-Striped Frostfell Mug" both have a description of "a decadent dish perfect for serving at Frostfell." I don't really consider mugs to be decadent dishes, maybe "a toasty beverage" would suffice?

edit: I forgot that SKs can't dual wield (only have one on Test!) and tried to equip a second Candy-Striped Cudgel in my appearance off-hand. It still attuned the item but of course, it won't go into the slot. Shouldn't it check for whether or not it's equipable in that location *before* attuning?

edit again: The green bow (I think that's what it is) on the Candy-Striped Cudgel cuts into my Dark Elf's arm when it's sheathed. If I recall correctly previewing the other cudgels looked that way, too, but I wasn't sure what it was in the preview.

[IMG]

The tree's trunk in Freeport is on top of the gifts/sacks of coal.
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

Thank you thank you :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For the Merry Mischief quest, are the mobs supposed to be lootless? The reindeer and one of the two humbugs are all that dropped loot for me. (This may be intentional, but I refuse to assume this early in the testing :D)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Soresha Member

My fae on test has that same Halas house and the breakout area decorated. So it's second nature for me to glide down to the docks. But I won't be the only one to think of it. And your response is EXACTLY why I suggested reversing the zone. ;)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, my dear, you too bring up an excellent, excellent point, not just for cool Appearance slot weapons, but ALL of them: it should tell you it's able to be equipped BEFORE it's Attuned; hover the item over the slot, and if the icon/description/name/etc. turns red (or whatever other effect would work), you can't put it there. Wouldn't have to do it for every item (everything else is pretty obvious), just 1-Hd. weapons. :-/

Uwk
    ------
    Giant berserker kitties need love too!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Iksee New Member

I like the scarfs but you can't have them on at the same time as the wings.

Wings are nice though.
    [IMG]
  7. Iksee New Member

8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It is supposed to look like this :)

[IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Gigawatt Gigglegibber: The Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts V book isn't lit up like the others. People might miss it as a new item.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It might be because of your crafting level or profession, I looked with my 95 provi and it was greyed out but with a level 18 scholar it isn't.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Interesting. I thought it was supposed to be related to whether or not you had scribed it.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

It should be related to whether or not you have scribed it, but Frostfell books have been doing this for quite some time. I've actually forgotten to buy certain books a couple of times during Frostfell due to this then gone nuts the next year wondering why I couldn't find X recipe.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

What do you see when you look at my two bags of frostfell ingredients?
    [IMG]

I see a lot of empty slot that could have held crafted items if the bag was a regular backpack. There are tooooo many ingredients. way too many .
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or there's not enough recipes; remember back in the old days, when there were many female outfits and Female Patterns for them, etc.? Green Gems of Whatever, instead of just black and red and blue? They removed a lot of recipes from the old days, and I'm yet to be really uber-thrilled with the ones they've come up with this year; I think I'll focus on creating the writable Cards and the Mint Bucklers you can make into shields. ;->

Of course, if they increased the bag size to 55 slots, you wouldn't need more than 1, either...

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question on the "repeatable once a year" quests that have the Frostfell Fanatic items in alternate locations afterwards: if the items are not working right now, and we do the quests, we will be able to gather them from their alternate locations once they're working again, yes? It may seem like a stupid question, but I've been a bad kitty about sleeping lately, so don't expect Rhodes Scholar levels at the moment. ;->

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I did a /feedback, but I thought I'd mention it here too.

In the candy grab race, (I did Freeport) It seemed that the candies started to spawn a little late. I didn't see any till about 3 seconds after the race started. As long as that's not just me, could you start them spawning a little before the race begins?

Second thing. Like with the Nights of the Dead version of the race, a silent race is odd. Could you please add some kind of sound effect to the action of grabbing a candy? A ding, a bell, a power-up noise, anything. it's hard for me to tell that I have hit the candy without a noise of some kind.
    Finora and Kaitheel like this.
  17. Soresha Member

The wings look gorgeous and I know my little rat will want them. But omg, 500 tokens is HEARTBREAKING. :(

Holiday events are supposed to be FUN. Not a painful, pressured grindfest. Pressured, because of the limited time you have to work on getting them. Heaven help the poor souls who want to get them for more than one alt.

It honestly makes me wonder if there's a SC equivalent to the wings planned to go on sale at the same time, and this is a clever ruse to claim you can technically get an equivalent item from ingame content if you want to... whilst setting the grind factor so high as to "force" people towards buying them. Am I being cynical? Maybe. But tell me what good reason can you possibly have, for setting the token cost so very, very high on a holiday item?
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

It really is pretty high. Tokens of E'ci aren't super easy to get... not lie Errolisi day candies or Tinkerfest cogs.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. I hate comparing one game to another, but when I was testing Rift's Fae Yule event a few days ago and asked one of the devs why the quest for the new mount was so easy (pick up 10 items, will take people maybe 3-5 minutes tops) they said it was because they know people don't have much time around the holiday season and wanted to make it fun, not stressful, to get something nice. I have to say I was quite impressed to find out that the ease of it was intentional and in the player's favor.

The only holiday event mounts I've ever spent time getting were the Tinkerfest wings, and that's because Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs (thankfully) don't eat away days of my life to gather.

Kaitheel did say he'd look into the token mount pricing earlier in this thread so I'm hopeful that it will be lowered to something more reasonable. :)
  20. Mysticalmaid Member

Are there 2H candy cane staffs? I just found out Frostfell is on test. Wee!
    Kaitheel likes this.