Best Raid Class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anosa, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Anosa New Member

What are the most valuable raiding classes?
  2. Terein Active Member

The class you enjoy playing the most. Seriously if you pick a class just because it's in demand and you don't enjoy playing, you're going to get burnt out really fast.

That being said, you're going to have a tough time finding a decent guild as a fighter unless you really know your class well.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

i'd say troubadour.

their buffs truly make or break a lot of mage classes and even scout with jcap imo

dirge is pretty good to with their stoneskin buff but damage wise it's no where near troub.
  4. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

The most needed classes in raids across all servers are utility classes (i.e. bards and enchanters).

They are also the only classes where you can be mediocre and still raid at a high level for simply showing up.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Guardian
    Natsume likes this.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a sure-fire way to get into raids, then bard is definitely the way to go, followed by chanter.
    Alenna likes this.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

and even if you do you can if you are not allowed to at least play your real main once in a while.
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Agreeing with utility.
    Seems to be the one type of class that everyone wants in their raid, but that not many seem to enjoy playing.

I've got both bards and I'm working on an illy, and other than the troub being a little slower to solo with, I find them all extremely enjoyable to play.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

As best for raids? I dunno even as a guardian I would rather only 1 per raid. Utility is much more desired followed 2nd by competent healers who can precure/cure curse.
  10. StaticLex Active Member

Healers.
  11. Athenia Well-Known Member

From my experience, bards and chanters are at the top but I can't say which one is at the very top since some guilds are in need of one more than the other. Chances are someone will need some kind of utility to fill out their raid force.

After that I would say healers, but I'd lean towards shamans and clerics. However with healers it's really easily noticed if you're not top of your game. Being mediocre on utility is much more forgiving than being mediocre on a healer.

True you can play the class you like the best, but good luck getting a spot if it's a very competitive one. I gave up playing my tank in favor of a healer when it was just too hard to find an open raid tank spot anywhere. I ended up loving the healer, so the class you may not favour now may end up your favourite later on.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

If he had asked the most slots then bard/chanter but he asked most valuable which IMO is a solid tank, and name a tank that can take a beating better than a guard.

Also, in b4 "the player that has mastered his class" or "whatever you want to play" nonsense.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want. Well played a Paladin and a Monk do just as well as a Guardian in certain scenarios. Guardians still remain the weakest tank in terms of DPS. Though they have the most group/raid utility an aspect I very much enjoy.

A solid tank and a solid healer are the most valuable assets to the core of the raid. Very solid T1 dps (Wiz/Assasin/Ranger/Warlock) is a must have. Good T2 as well (Brig/Swashy/Conjy/Necro).

I don't know the actual Tier rankings I am just guessing where Conjy/Necro fall I think they are T1.5 or something like that. Basically put.

Solid Tanks: Means mob control is good and dps can do their jobs.
    Solid Healers: Tanks don't die = mob control. Dps doesn't die = shorter fights.
    Solid Utility: Tanks hold better and dps does better.
    Solid DPS: Makes it die faster and is a frequently checked class on raid fights. DPS checks are the most used.