Only a few days left! Pre-order Chains of Eternity™ now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Thothe New Member

I asked in the earlier thread but it was right around the time the SoE Live info started being clarified so it may have been lost. Will there be a way to buy the expansion for someone else? With the pre-order, it just adds it to the account you buy it under. With the coming of the season of gift giving and there being no retail box, will there be any way to buy this expansion as a gift?
  2. Gideon Member

at 90 you can make 25g just from running around WL killing solo trash mobs in a few mins.
    if your lower level the cost of the merc scales way down, so they are very afordable.
    if your complaining that 25g every 30 mins is expensive chances are you wouldnt be able to afford the elite at 3 plat every 30 mins that the elite would cost.
    if you dont find value in the CE dont get it, its as simple as that.
  3. Filly67 Well-Known Member

It really would have been nice if you had updated your web site and the receipt that you receive after ordering the CE to show that the mount was included too.
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Oops, just say that they did.. my mistake.
  5. Dissapointed New Member

Can anybody help with a query? Since new international credit card rules have changed,SOE can no longer send a 0 ping to check activated cards in my country (NZ). This leaves me unable to purchase the new xpac. CS recommended i give my log in details to someone outside my country who is not hindered by these new laws, buy them a prepay card so they could log me in to get the CE. This goes against everything I've been told by SOE to protect my account which i find quite ridiculous.
    Is there anyone who can help with dilemma. I've told SOE that they may lose a few customers if they cant provide away to purchase. Funny enough if you want to buy station cash, no problem with paypal but no access to xpacs thru paypal and they wont provide the service either. I fear this maybe the last of SOE for me, shame really because its a good game. They seem to be only interested in their American customers only.
  6. ITPalg Member

You are blaming SoE for international credit card laws?
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I´m from germany and have some payment options to purchase the xpac, if i´m willing to do so ^^(well... already preordered 3 copies.... damn addiction...)
    But a new question raise " Why theres no such thing, like CoE only for a lowered price...."
    Simple reason, i dont need those other xpacs that comes along :rolleyes:
  8. crazyeyes321 Active Member

You are looking at it wrong. You arent paying 40 for all the expansions plus CoE. You are paying 40 for CoE alone. Proof of this is that they are giving Velious to F2P.
  9. Scrubbs New Member

Totally would have preordered a CE if they had included either AoD for free with the expansion OR AoD at a discount, for like 5 bucks or something like that with a preorder.
  10. Taubin New Member

I purchased it in NZ with no problem using a ANZ card.
  11. eq2Liaya Member

they should add something , a krono xpac token or a way to gift it.
  12. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Ooh.. I really like that idea! I'm low on money, but have plat! like, maybe make the standard edition of the xpac cost 3 krono?
  13. mindfury New Member

Do we have any confirmation, or denial as of yet, on whether they will be reducing the cost, even for a day, on AOD?
  14. Snached New Member

AA Boost - Boost two level 90 characters to 280 Alternate Advancement points and begin the journey to levels 91 through 95.
  15. Adranzir Ni'Estiel New Member

Does anyone know whether or not the mercenaries that come with the collector's edition will work for someone who didn't buy AoD? I would imagine so but I want to be sure..
  16. Razorlan New Member

Its a real shame that they nerfed the ability to buy expansions with station cash. A while back, when I actually had money, I bought and saved away some station cash with the express intent that I would use it to purchase future expansions. I would not have bought any station cash at all if the ability to buy expansions with it had not existed at the time, since most other uses for station cash are a bit frivolous. I really had not intended to spend that much on mounts, so from my viewpoint, I wasted quite a bit of money. It will be a very long time until I buy any more expansions I guess, and I really don't think I'm the only one unhappy about the change. I quit playing EQ once before due to costs. This might be the nail in the coffin for me yet again.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

The preorder cloak is still broken BTW. Just has a bit of blue dots going down in several lines. Would be a nice idea if SoE actually fixed this before CoE went live perhaps?

It is pretty much a variation of a common cloak in the new area, and those cloaks work right, graphic-wise, so it shouldn't take too much to fix I would think.
  18. Filly67 Well-Known Member

You need to already have the merc option available to access the mercs in the CE
  19. Dissapointed New Member

Im not blaming anybody for the new laws if it helps to prevent ccard scamming, however the law change wasnt an unknown event however, ive been made aware that it may have only affected a few banks of which i belong to 1, my misfortune, time to change bank to 1 not so sensitive about online ccard use.
  20. Dissapointed New Member

Thanks Taubin for your reply strange the BNZ got hit with this law change but ANZ didnt. BNZ when i talked to them basically shrug their shoulders and said nothing to do with them. Typical! Will try talking to Anz instead thanks again you've given me some hope at least.