Guardian AA Tank Build ?!?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Akacia, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The only saving grace in my situation is 90% of the mobs we pull anyone can tank and it doesn't matter. Even still, it causes a lot of unnecessary wipes on trash and multiple times tanks have ripped and either gone down and not be able to tank adds or dragged the named through the raid killing half the guild. I was about to spec more offensive but quickly decided I'm not setting up my char to compensate for OTs that have no sense of threat control.

Only thing that gets to me is when it reflects badly on me. Most ppl have no idea about the earring and think I just can't hold aggro cuz I'm terriguardian #5643. Or when someone aggro mobs and I snap up the encounter and get hate tells from healers and guild leaders for ninja pulling. Love it.
  2. Jacck Active Member

Chiming in as the tank that rips agro off Estred on burn fights. /wave
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't care if other tanks rip aggro as long as it doesn't cause a bunch of nonsense.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks... for that Jacck so kind of you to remind me.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

And Agreed (again oops on Double Posting). I don't mind who tanks it just no shenanigans that's a Swashy ability anyway.
  6. Akacia New Member

Doh Aton you changed your build on me lol
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You should not use Atan's build as a leveling guardian. I'm assuming he is set up for main tanking raids, always has a dirge and coercer, and has access to gear that will put him over caps on certain stats. Regardless, it is not a good build for your average non-raiding guard, especially before end-game. Your multi attack, haste, hate mod, and crit chance are all going to hit caps as you get better gear and form a static group of players you run with, but until then you need to put AA in these stats. As you gain gear, levels, experience, and your primary role changes, you will want to adjust your build.

In the kos warrior tree, you will want to go with 10 points in crit chance, hate mod (probably), aoe auto attack, multi attack, acceleration strike, and haste.

The eof guardian tree will be highly dependent on your gear, but put 5 points in everything that increases the damage of your CAs, and put as many points as it takes to cap reuse on defensive abilities. Put 5 points in the lower sf unyielding will aa, reinforcement, and group moderate... don't take Got Your Back.

Most other things depend on whether or not you want offense or defense. Heroic and prestige trees are kinda straight forward. Unless you are raiding, most likely you will want offense to help you level, solo, and hold aggro in groups.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, I "think" I hinted at that in my own post. Hate mod and CC will very much help a leveling guardian. The WIS line with dps mod will help your dps if you are solo but is not useful at all for groups. Me and Atan are both raiding guards and are indeed as Sixgague said set up for it. So unless you want to raid don't use either of our builds.

Generally I feel there is much here for you to draw on hope our feedback has helped you.
  9. Akacia New Member

Yeah it is I appreciate it, has helped out very much ;)
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Heh, yeap, I'm running my offensive build alot more now. I only pull out the defensive build now if we're working a new CM fight.

Its fun parsing over 400k in our raids with that build. I'm sure others are doing more than me, but with raidwide around 6mil, 400k is something I'm comfortable with.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I broke 550K last night in Sleepers Tomb :D. My next goal is to break 600K and glare are out Conjy :p.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I could see that on a nice AE fight.