Frostfell 2012 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

The race top ten list should show unique players not repeats of same player. It is a race in not a pinball machine, :( If you ever watched a race irl the racers can only place in one spot :) Olympic racers can't win gold silver and bronze in the same race:)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Lizabethan Active Member

The Peppermint Candy Crown, a reward from the race, is sitting oddly on my human character's head. Here's me in SOGA next to an Arasai, note the correct placement on his head and the odd spacing on mine:
    [IMG]
    And Lyzabethan out of SOGA:
    [IMG]
    And on a non-Soga Halfling:
    [IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The large tree in Frostfell Wonderland Village is missing all of its branches.
    [IMG]
    While this is a cool effect and would make an awesome tree item in the future, it's so weird to see that in the village!

Also a pic of the reindeer issue mentioned above:
    [IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

Beta is up but no beta copy button or ability to copy to beta from live. IF beta is up and you can get in we should be able to copy our live toons I want to make sure there will be no problems with my high level toons running through the content I want to be albe to report problems and also I Have lots of frostfell harvestible I want to use I do not have hten on the beta or public test.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Had the same floating problem on Erudite. Lacking hairs, it seemed more "normal".

For those curious, here are screenies from the goodies.

Bought:
    [IMG]

Crafted (note that the green "mug" and the white scarf are hidden behind other items. Tour the house on Test for better view (medium houses, Live event - Frostfell 2012, Qeynos Opera under Leucosia)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Quested:
    [IMG]

Gifts (got only 4 of the new ones, 2 dungeon activators and those 2. The bucket of ice gives snowball to throw)
    [IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Talladega Jones New Member

You could always add multiple display options just like the aether races offer: top scores & top racers.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I also feel the same about the aether races. Top racers unique toons not the repeats of one guy.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The new activators are nice but I really wish they were spawners instead. People were encouraged to play as themselves in DM this past year so it seems to be an odd choice.

New flight wings are gorgeous, but not 500 tokens worth of gorgeous. E'ci tokens are much slower to gain than Tinkerfest Cogs or NotD candy, etc. 200 or 300 would be more reasonable.

The Peppermint Candy Crown is also too oversized on my normal model (never-soga) Dark Elf:
    [IMG]
    This would be nice for people with poofy hair styles but with sleeker ones it looks odd. :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

New "Merry Mischief" gingerbread themed dungeon & quest offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village

It wasn't repeatable for me. It would seem with the choice of Ec'i tokens in the quest reward, it should be?
    I sure hope it will be, I won't be able to pick what I want if I can only have 1 reward per year!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Frostfell Fanatic bugged items:
    • Snowglobe in McScroogle Corp HQ cannot be picked up. It also cannot be picked up behind Queen Bunny after completing Saving Frostfell.
    • Purple Present cannot be picked up behind Gardy (forgot to have Fanatic quest when I ran the instance but assuming the same problem there).
    • Figgy Pudding cannot be picked up in FF Wonderland Village.
    • Blue & White Present cannot be picked up in The Gigglegibber Hideout (Frostfell). It also cannot be picked up behind Pinchy Presentpeeler (tested in WFP).
    • Rack of Weapons cannot be picked up in Icy Keep: The Return.

Those are the only ones I've run into so far.
    Kaitheel and Lizabethan like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Great new items. I'm loving the scarves & antlers especially.
    I've not seen any bugs yet that haven't already been reported here. =)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

The event is now active on the Beta server, too! I wasn't able to activate it last night, when I activated it on Test as the Beta server wasn't up yet, but it was the intention, all along.

~Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for jumping in so quickly to take a look at all the goodies!

As for what you've spotted so far, I intend to fix the following issues:
    Frostfell Fanatic - items not being harvestable to update quest
    Gnip Gnopp's Gizmo Shop not scaling 90+
    The Candy-Striped Cudgel recipes (not stripped!)
    Dilly & Billy odd automatically generated fight dialog

What I want to examine:
    Price of Frostfell chase items (the mounts)

There's also a few issues here that I must get art to look at:
    Frostfell ice tree in Frostfell Wonderland Village missing branches
    Reindeer model art missing

Today is an out of office work day for most of us, but I will be jumping on this first thing Monday.

Thank you for what you've found and reported so far! Keep it coming!

~Kaitheel
    Audleigh likes this.
  14. Soresha Member

1. I like the big tree! Like someone said it needs branches, but it's still really cool. Please can we get a smaller version of it for houses?

2. Scholarly Persuits V and Frostfell Outfits V were both showing grey on the merchant, like I already had it. But it's new and I haden't scribed it yet. The Treats & Decorative Crafts recipe didn't have this problem, it showed white as you'd expect for a new recipe.

3. The gumdrops are cute. Love the way they bounce along!

Cheriweth's Confectory

4. My fury can kill the gumdrops ok but I'm not sure I'd list them as 3-down arrow mobs. They don't feel that easy.

5. The gingerbread/dead men are FAR too social. I pulled and killed the first pair in the kitchen. Then got the rest of the room next - that's too many for some classes or undergeared toons I think. The ones upstairs are the same, you kill some in one room and others coming running in from the other room.

6. I got the update for the main floor being cleared, although there were still 3 gingerbread men out on the patio.

7. Something very odd up with the graphics. When I run from the kitchen to the main room, the main room goes completely black. Or at one angle you see through the world. Facing north, you have to get half way across the main room before the blackness clears up. This was happening constnatly whilst on the quest, but bizarrely stopped happening after finishing the quest.

[IMG]

[IMG]

8. Would be nice if there was some vendor trash/coin loot dropping off the sweet mobs occasionally, or something else nice. There's no incentive to clear more than the minimum you have to in the zone to do the quest.

9. Crumbles spawned at 75% health - or is that because my buffs get applied after he spawns?

10. I love the way you've use docks area. However you can glide down from the first portal and land pretty much on top of the first humbug. I literally killed the two humbugs and nothing else before taking the portal back.

What you could do is reverse the progression through that area. Arrive at the bottom portal on the docks, work your way up to the portal at the top and put the two humbugs up on that upper platform. That way you have to fight through the mobs as intended. (It's a no-fly zone.)

11. After handing in the quest I still had the pet Crumbles with me. Although you lose him when you zone out.

12. A fun little quest, I enjoyed it. And I like my gumdrop pet to take away with me.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

The quest is repeatable, but only once per year, (like many of the event quests).

~Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Tree had to be moved as it could no longer replace the Clock of Ak'Anon, now that some of the Qeynos quests require you to interact with it, and use it as a landmark. (Whoops!)

~Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

It is now!

~Kaitheel
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The Frostfell Fanatic reward is a repeat of the 2010 reward, is that intentional?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Yuop!

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ah okay, thanks. :) I admit I'll only do it on my new alt I made this year, but that will be nice for people who missed out on the 2010 reward.

Body pulling the gingerbread men works a lot better. I just cleared the main/top floors with almost no accidental extra aggro on a level 24 zerker who is wearing level 10-13 gear by body pulling and getting one group at a time. Only once did I aggro an extra group and that was because I ran too close to one of the rooms I skipped upstairs.

Thanks for the suggestion on jumping down (yes I realize you weren't actually recommending it), didn't even think about it the first time. Safe fall practice and you just saved me 5-10 minutes of fighting on this char... though yes, I doubt that's the intent. ;)