Frostfell 2012 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test and Beta server!

There's plenty of Frostfell cheer throughout Norrath this season! Gigglegibbers and Frostfell elves are busy celebrating the holiday within the player cities, and encouraging everyone to visit the Frostfell Wonderland Village, accessed through the Magic Closets in Qeynos Harbor, West Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Neriak, Gorowyn and New Halas. There you can assist Candice Cheriweth, Gardy Ex-Giftgiver, Mr. McScroogle, Queen Bunny, and Snarf Frostfoot with some holiday tasks, or if you've got a talent for crafting, you can help Sogs Frostfoot, or gather presents to craft wondrous new Frostfell goodies for yourself. Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from everyone's favorite Frostfell Gigglegibber, Santa Glug!

New features for '12!
    • Qeynos and Freeport re-decorated.
    • New "Merry Mischief" gingerbread themed dungeon & quest offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • New versions of “A Gigglegibber's work is never done” quest is available for players level 93+ from Gh'lad Tydingz for each city sending players to Ethernere.
    • Santa Glug in Frostfell Wonderland Village has 15 tradable gifts (7 new) to give everyone that asks (once a day)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 7 new items for purchase.
      • Including holiday flying mount for 500 holiday coin!
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make V”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts V”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell V”
    • Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat now also sell 3 other new items.
    Returning features:
    • "Frostfell Fanatic" quest offered through the in game mail, or Ginger Snaps in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas.
    • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered again by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line is offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos Province District or Freeport. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "A Frostfell Favor" quest is offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "Saving Frostfell" quest is offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. (updated in '12 with new reward choice.)
    • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" quest offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • “Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!” quest offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • The Frost-Bitten Toes collection pieces can be found within The Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug’s Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years’ crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell I”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell II”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell III”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell IV”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts I”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts II”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts III”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts IV”
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make I”
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make II”
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make III”
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make IV”
    • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven).
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!
    This event content is currently set to run 12/13/12 as soon as the server comes back up (~7AM is when it's being taken down) at noon PAC time until 1/10/13 at 7AM PAC time on the live servers. (Unlike most other holiday events this one has to be coordinated with a server update, hence the odd times.)

*Updated since event is now active on Beta server, too!

~Kaitheel
    Afista likes this.
  2. Lizabethan Active Member

Thanks for putting up Frostfell earlier than expected! Only two bugs that I've found so far:

The figgy pudding (?) in the Wonderland Village needed for Frostfell Fanatic is unable to be harvested.
    No "poke" animation on the gumdrop follow pet.

And some positive feedback:
    I absolutely LOVE the gingerbread mobs. Especially their walk. Great job on them.
    Candice Cheriweth's dialogue is adorable.
    Love the focus on dungeon maker again with the new items.

And some Not Sure If Bugs:
    The naming of the gingerbread men switches from gingerBread to gingerDread in a random order during Candice Cheriweth's quest. Not sure if intentional or not.
    Speaking of the gingerbreads, their death pose seems a bit.. buggy to me, maybe?: [IMG]
    And lastly, I spotted "a reindeer" in the same instance with no appearance:
    [IMG]
    And yes, my settings were all the way up this time :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Omg happy happy joy joy, No time for screenshots busy busy busy. Love love love the scarves, Tomorrow will stop and take stock, Made all the new recipes and have them in HoT guildhall on display in Gorowyn. Everything seems to work fine and place easily, Looks great many thanks!!!
    Audleigh and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Yay!

Love the scarves and building blocks!! I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of new outfits though..I was really hoping for a cute new outfit to craft! I'm not thrilled with getting DM activators as a Santa Glug gift..I really hope most of the gifts aren't activators....
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Crafting part:
    I would like to see the weapons converted to house items as were older ones, consolidated harvests or bigger bags and frostfell stations for the year round, but probably not going to happen.
    All crafted items work fine, look good and use the right arts. Great work there.
    Yay for scarfs!

The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump:
    Nice new reward, no bugs.

Merry Mischief:
    I think the gingerbread men are a bit too aggressive. If you don't pay attention, you can pull tons of groups at once. I found them nasty (high damage) but average on HP (<- 92 conjuror, withered lands quest gear).
    The house is pretty well decorated for once so I'm happy :)
    I loved Crumbles! I'm not sure he does any kind of damage, but it's cute.
    Rewards are : priest crumbles activator, mage chocolate chanter activator, 5 tokens of E'Ci, Blizzard blue gumbrop pet, Tangy orange gumdrop pet, Pucker pink gumdrop pet.
    With the list of rewards, I assume it's repeatable once per day?
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My dear, you are one of my very favorite people on here. I thought I was the only one playing who wants such things (more House Item convertibles and especially year-round FF crafting stations [after all, shouldn't we keep the spirit of Frostfell in our hearts all year? and can't we make holiday gifts for our friends in real life, realistically, all year?]); it's encouraging to see I'm not alone. :)

My idea for year-round stations could be something like, gobs and gobs of E'ci tokens and/or status with the Gigglegibbers, whatever it would take to get them. We would STILL need to go to Frostfell Village to get our materials, our fuels, our gifts, and our quests, since most of them are accessible only from the Village, thus keeping the Frostfell holidays "special." ;-)

Can this dungeon be soloed? I'm on at very odd hours. :-/

Uwk

P.S. Has Zam updated their Frostfell info for this year yet? I know they're usually first out of the chute with it, as opposed to EQ2 Wiki, who usually doesn't say anything until it starts on Live. --U.
    -------
    Giant berserker kitties need love too!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

This didn't patch in until around 1am my time.. I was dead asleep. ;) Will be starting to work on it today!
    Kaitheel and Caela like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It was soloable but careful to only get a group at a time if possible.
    It wasn't on ZAM yet.

Bought items:
    The flying wings are, in my opinion, way too pricey. 500 tokens are going to be a real farming festival. I already found the previous 300 to be too high and it sure shouldn't exceed that price.
    Yay for the return of the candles!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I thought the Beta copy server would be up for this? Just tried to copy over my Beastlord who has all my FF harvests on her and it told me that "beta copy logs are disabled for this world at the present time."
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Frostfell Fanatic:
    I tried to grab every item from the world and only the Sack of Coal and Tiered Frostfell Cake updated. For all others, I had the gathering animation but item didn't make it to my possession.

Gnopp's One Stop Shop:
    Gnip Gnopp's Gizmo Shop doesn't seem to scale above 90.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Frostfell Outfits You Can Make V
    The Candy-Stripped Cudgel of Death and Candy-Stripped Cudgel of Gloom recipes should say "Candy-Striped" instead of "Candy-Stripped". (looks like resulting item is correct, recipe name is wrong)

The tree is missing in Qeynos Harbor, is that intentional?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

House published on Test with everything new (but part of the gifts) under medium homes: Live event - Frostfell 2012

Tree is weirdly on the side, near Arena.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Dragan Active Member

Love the scarves, although on my froglok it looks like a "Cone of Shame" :p
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Calthine Well-Known Member

Is Frostfell not activated on Beta? I've got trees but no wardrobe.
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

I was able to get on Beta but see above.
  16. Spindle Well-Known Member

I was able to get on Beta too. No trees or decorations in any of the evil cities :(
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please enable copy to beta I Need to test out my high level toons.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

19. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Is Merry Mischief only once per year, or once per day, or... ? Candice had the repeatable colored feather but the quest does not show as repeatable in journal and in-game others said they can't get it again right away.

Crumbles appears to be doing nothing. I turned on every type of hit and spell cast and I see nothing from it. I take that back, finally saw a hit from it. Counts as "pet hits'.

"a reindeer" in the Confectionery is invisible aside from its particle effects.

Both Billy and Dilly said "Get them!" but nothing special happened. Was something else supposed to attack me?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. snarlycarly New Member

You should be logging into "Public Test" and not Beta I believe. I logged into Public Test this morning and Frostfell is there. Not sure if they are still using Beta as the expansion is out but I'll leave that to someone else to answer.