Steward of Drinal Faction Gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Rhita, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Rhita Active Member

So for some reason the gear off the Steward of Drinal is majorly expensive to reforge, while most pieces of gear cost 2-4plat max, the gear from the steward is 45plat plus to reforge. Wasn't sure if this was intentional or just bugged.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

It may be I just picked up a piece of Drinals gear I can log now and check... just a moment. Alright.

Reinforced Ethereal Stewards Breastplate (Obol BP)
    41.2% Attack Speed -> 5.9% Area of Effect Auto-attack chance. Cost is 49p 12g 87s 68c

Vallon's Chestplate of Cold Determination (Vallon Avatar BP)
    50.7% Damage Per Second Modifier -> 7.3% Area of Effect Auto-attack chance. Cost is 4p 91g 28s 96c

So yes a piece of gear that I may add is better than the Drinal's Steward BP is costing roughly 10% as much to reforge. If 50p is the average reforge now only Raiders and profiteering Tradeskillers will have the plat to even reforge.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

/bug it over and over till they fix the misplaced decimal point.

Hmmmm, I did reforge the shield I bought off that guy, I had a few hundred plat on me at the time so I probably didn't notice if I got ripped off or not.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice, just checked the logs, but ouch indeed.

You give Rorak Ironbellows 39 Platinum, 30 Gold, 30 Silver, 24 Copper to reforge your Ethereal Steward's Cap.
    You give Rorak Ironbellows 42 Platinum, 57 Gold, 82 Silver, 56 Copper to reforge your Ethereal Steward's Pants.
    You give Rorak Ironbellows 2 Platinum, 1 Gold, 55 Silver, 20 Copper to reforge your Ring of the Ritualist.
    You give Rorak Ironbellows 2 Platinum, 1 Gold, 55 Silver, 20 Copper to reforge your Ring of the Ritualist.
  5. Silienia New Member

ouch indeed, i can pay for that because i farm alot, (usually above 600p minimum) but i wouldnt. at least not till they fix it :p , also your plat doesnt depend on how much u raid, i know people who dont raid at all or raid on seperate servers from their main accounts and have 10s of thousnads of plat :p
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I was just saying the two groups of people that others expect to have thousands of p.
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone's curious - the Steward jewelry is in the same ballpark to reforge.

You give Rorak Ironbellows 30 Platinum, 23 Gold, 30 Silver, 88 Copper to reforge your Steward's Bracer of the Arcane.

A lot of people are going to not notice and then wonder what happened to their plat days later. Those that notice will either avoid reforging now because it's so expensive. Or avoid reforging because they think it's bugged and they're waiting for it to be fixed. (I have no idea if it's a slipped decimal, or deliberate and intended to remove plat from the game).

But it prices a paid $$$ feature of AoD out of many people's plat price range. And that's going to cause some grumpyness. Many of us can blow off 100's of plat and not care. But many folks can't.
  8. Erszebeth Active Member

Thats.....redonkulous...sure I can afford it if I want to, but why would I want to?? Glad I saw this before going off to get and reforge any of that gear.
  9. Benjamin Member

I noticed that, too. That's just plain broken.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

no just a misplaced decimal point. If you look all values are 10 times what they should be (1's digit is now the 10's digit)
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

The lack of acknowledgement, and how long this has been a known issue, I'm wondering if this is simply the new price model going forward.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm that the repair bill is also off the charts few in my guild have some of his pieces and have expressed that problem especially when compared to the repair cost of raid gear....
  13. Benjamin Member

Now that you mention it, that seems exactly right. Most of my gear cost about 3p to reforge, and my Steward's earrings were 29p.
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Confirmed, Repair cost is 10x normal as well. Went from ~4g to ~40g for a particular fully broken item (0%).
  15. Ynnek Well-Known Member

You give Porthos 68 Gold, 23 Silver, 44 Copper to repair your Ethereal Steward's Robes
    You give Porthos 59 Gold, 13 Silver, 65 Copper to repair your Ethereal Steward's Pants
    You give Porthos 54 Gold, 58 Silver, 75 Copper to repair your Ethereal Steward's Cap
    You give Porthos 45 Gold, 48 Silver, 96 Copper to repair your Ethereal Steward's Slippers
    You give Porthos 41 Gold, 99 Silver, 4 Copper to repair your Steward's Bracer of the Arcane
    You give Porthos 41 Gold, 99 Silver, 4 Copper to repair your Steward's Necklace of the Arcane
    You give Porthos 5 Gold, 45 Silver, 88 Copper to repair your Chrono-Bound Cloth Shoulders
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 89 Silver, 89 Copper to repair your Tablet of Time Flow Theories\
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 54 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Storm Dragonskin Cuffs\
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 54 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Majestic Scepter of Dracurion Accord
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 19 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Ancient Green Soulstone
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 19 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Steward's Cape of Eternity
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 19 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Revered Belt of Dracurion Accord
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 19 Silver, 90 Copper to repair your Dracurian Bone Earstuds
    You give Porthos 4 Gold, 16 Silver, 40 Copper to repair your Queen Vorticia V'uul's Battle Scepter
    You give Porthos 3 Gold, 49 Silver, 92 Copper to repair your Channeling Totem of the Archmagus
    You give Porthos 3 Gold, 33 Silver, 59 Copper to repair your Polarized Gloves of Disturbance
    You give Porthos 2 Gold, 79 Silver, 94 Copper to repair your Delicate Brace of Drakota Scales
    You give Porthos 2 Gold, 79 Silver, 94 Copper to repair your Keening Hoop
    You give Porthos 2 Gold, 79 Silver, 94 Copper to repair your Ring of the Ritualist
    You give Porthos 2 Gold, 79 Silver, 94 Copper to repair your Mage's Forget Me Knot
  16. bsod Member

it's not a misplaced decimal point most raid gear is 1-2 plat in value..the steward gear is valued at 25 plat...this is why it's 12 or more times the cost to repair/reforge then raid gear as they use the value of the item as a base for the price. i would say drop the base cost and value to 2 plat.. i think this was done so players don't feel ripped off spending 32 plat for a item and only being able to sell it for 2 plat but i would rather sell it for 2 plat then spend 42 plat vs 3-4 plat to reforge it or 40-70 gold vs 4-5 gold to repair it..
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well considering the Drunder Crafted gear cost oodles of plat to get made (back when it was good gear) and sold for only a few silver I think they should reduce the price on the faction gear anyway.. Or they need to add a red slot to it to make it a bit closer to what they are asking for it.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

The cost to reforge or repair the gear is directly proportional to the value that you can sell the gear to a merchant for.
    This is not bugged in any way it is working just exactly as it should.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

I don't even.
  20. Gninja Developer

This is indeed a bug/not intended. A fix is on its way for it.
    Skwor, Kisy, Atan and 3 others like this.