Legends of Norrath Membership Pack Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Asteria New Member

I'm fine with everything up to here... I'm positive this has something to do with the LoN Merc Noftu.

I've laid out alot of money over the years. The 5 free packs continued to be a nice perk and I was saving a few months for some new items. Thanks for being typical stingy SOE!
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

A business wanting to make money off a product? How horrifying!
  3. Aeudian New Member

Everyone needs to pay attention to this carefully crafted line. This means that the latest deck (set 15) is NOT claimable for gold members unless you spend 300SC to buy a deck. :mad:
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's not about them making money. it's about them trying to milk a cow that has dried up. they need to face it. LoN is not going to be a pokemon/magic the gathering style card came that people will spend money to get cards to actually play. the only thing LoN is, is a way to get paintings/houses/mounts etc. that's all it is. No one is playing the game. that's why they don't do tournaments like they used to, because virtually no one actually. it's an EQ/EQ2 loot vendor.

and them throwing out the insult of your free packs a month won't include the newest expansion because we've noticed that people aren't spending 100s of dollars on boosters is a plain bad move. I don't give a rat's behind about that deflier merc. I got the CE mercs. and 5 to 1 says he's not even as good as the regular mercs.

but I would like the paintings. but I can't afford 3 dollars a pack to get them because of the dozens of packs I'd have to buy. I rely on using my free packs to get the loot cards I would like to have. and up until now just today, that system worked fine. They need to stop screwing with what isn't broken.
  5. Asteria New Member

I'm with Rainmare above me here. I was looking forward to some paintings mostly. I know the odds are really low on the good stuff. My main account has literally thousands of unlocked LoN cards but I rarely play the game.
    I have alot of unlocked and unclaimed loot as well I sometimes try to trade for different items.
    The 5 free a month was great when the new expacs came out.. Then i would buy a few packs here and there.. Now... I'm just rethinking that completely.

It's the holiday season SoE..
  6. Calthine Well-Known Member

But all you have to do is log in every month for your free paintings. You'd have to log in to claim them anyway.
  7. Asteria New Member

Calthine, we're all aware of that.. but many of us save up just to be able to open some packs when the new expac hits. This move has killed some of the few positive moments of excitement. It's like a little mini lotto each month.

For myself, I guess I made the mistake of getting 5 new packs just prior to the new expac.. now I have to wait until next month for the 5. After all these years I just can't help but feeling and seeing with my own eyes that SOE misses no opportunity to dash whatever positives have been keeping people around. It really never fails.

This kind of change was not necessary. But I see that the company was grubbing for money so badly that they wanted absolutely no opportunity for the silly pink & white flying wings and merc to go into the hands of a free locked pack.

I really just wanted to open 10 or 15 packs and get some paintings or some other trinket. The thrill of getting something that good would have been cool but when I get the 5 packs next month and into the future.. It won't be as enjoyable.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

No, Cathine, I can't. not from the newest set, because my free packs aren't allowed to be claimed as debt of the ratonga packs. and this is the first set to have that restriction to it.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Ah, okay, I can see how that change would be upsetting.

Used to be that you got the current expansions, before we talked them into the pick a pack stuff.
  10. Avianna Well-Known Member

Although the Must log in to get your free packs is a pain it makes sense, can't win the lotto without going to the store and buying a ticket, so that I am OK with the frustrating part is the oh you can have the old stuff for free but not this new one. That is a change that is very frustrating. although I am sure that later on down the road you will see this opened up to the free packs (prolly when the next set is released) so just log in claim your freebies and then hold on to them till it becomes available.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is actually more of an incentive to open up the packs at least for me.

I've seen people post that they'd hold onto packs after pack so when new release happened they'd get their loot items right away. If you get your loot items up front that sort of just makes you store the upcoming ones for next release and (never?) really have to spend any money. This way you/me will be tempted to buy boosters.

Also someone mentioned this way won't be as enjoyable. I don't understand that, we're still getting the packs or next months pack still won't be available for the Debt of Ratonga?

(very early and not sure that actually makes sense lol)
  12. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi everyone. I wanted to help clarify this statement: “The Choose A Pack cards awarded in December may be redeemed for any regular LON booster pack sets from 1-14.

This means that Debt of the Ratonga packs are not available using your CAP cards this month (whether they’re the five new ones you got for logging in this month or any old ones you’ve accumulated). For now, the CAP cards may be used on packs from Sets 1-14.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

So we have to log in on the 2nd of each month to get our free packs? Yet another Outlook reminder for EQ2 when it seems so pointless to force people to do things your way, when we are supposed to be able to play our way.
  14. Calthine Well-Known Member

I think you're misreading that.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Which part?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except the latest LoN xpac is set 15....
  17. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

You don't have to log in specifically on the 2nd.. you just have to log in at some point during the month or your packs go poof.
  18. Knight_Shyft New Member

As many have already said here, it doesn't make sense to penalize customers who continue to pay the $15/Month while the account is inactive. I maintain 2 accounts both of which are kept in Gold status specifically for when my daughter is here for her visits and enjoy the small perks of gold status IE:500SC & LoN Cards. Normally this change would go unnoticed, however, there are weekends that she decides not to come for one reason or another leaving both accounts idle until her eventual return. What incentive is there for me to continue spending $30/Mo. when I could spend maybe 1/2 of that for only a few months, unlock everything and play for free? Sadly, I will be cancelling both gold subs if/when this affects either of my accounts.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Exactly, so to make sure I get them I need a note to do it each month, instead of when I am interested in it.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and that Dexella, is the thing most of us here are upset about. most of us don't worry about the logging into LoN part, but the 'you can't have the new stuff with your free packs' part. hell I can't even open my free packs in an older set and then trade for the new stuff because the items are locked.

I don't need another illusion. I got over 48 of those. I don't need a house. I don't need another mount, I got 40 of those. I don't need appearance gear, I got 8 sets of that already and the appearance weapon I plan to use until we see a Nature's Defender sword. the paintings and house items are about the only things I have interest in, and I got the ones I want out of the old packs.

So really all this is doing to me with this new choose a pack restriction is telling me that you don't want me to log on to LoN becuae the new stuff isn't available to me unless I want to spend money like I'm running 6 EQ2 accounts to get it.
    Ridolain and Avianna like this.