New Forum - a step BACK in evolution!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nynaeve, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Well-Known Member

Search works. PMs are better. The performance is a lot better.

I think the loss of all the posts, loss of some of the subforums, and loss of some basic functionality make it feel like a lot has been lost.

Also I can't believe the team didn't think we would want a light text on dark background style. Making XenForo styles is not that hard. There should have been 3-4 to choose from at least.
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

On my system when I'm logged out, all I have to do is click the Login button up top and I'm logged back in without needing to re-supply username and password. This is with Firefox 16.0.2. Perhaps it's storing the information within the cookie somehow.
    Caela and Guiscard like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Same here. I have to "login" still every hour or two, but clicking the button is sufficient. I haven't had to type my login and password to these forums but the one time.
  4. Kokorobosoi Active Member

On my android I only tap the login button. No retyping passwords here
  5. Master Nala Member

These forums are a significant improvement over the last forums. The last forums can die in a fire. No seriously, I'm hoping Smedley will be burning the code for them on the SOE lot this weekend.
    Rogue4Life likes this.
  6. Ssrilith Member

I actually like way they look, and its very pleasant to finally be able to LOG in without it taking forever, load a thread without it taking forever and reply without it taking forever.
    Rogue4Life likes this.
  7. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Need some themes, its just ugly atm :)
  8. Salavar Active Member

I have NEVER REMEMBER HISTORY enabled on Firefox (latest) and I have to type everything in every time which is the way I like it from a security standpoint. Perhaps you have save history enabled?
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

Using chrome I have to put in my login and password each and every time and I was never once asked if the password should be saved.
  10. Pariel Active Member

Same.. have to log in every single time.. also Chrome
  11. Caela Well-Known Member

I use Chrome, and do not have to re-login. Just click the login/signup button and I'm logged in.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

I like to know how you have your Chrome set up that it works :)
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Very ugly. Definately need some skins. Better than old forums.
    Guiscard likes this.
  14. Terein Active Member

I use chrome and it works if I log back in without shutting the browser off in between logins, I guess it's a setting somewhere but I don't have it clearing anything when I close the program, so I'm kinda confused..
  15. xephier Active Member

I use firefox and even when I tell it to remember my login it never has, always have to retype it.
    And about the new forum, I like it so far, it's a bit bright for my liking, but it seems to be fast and functional. I give it a +1
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree.

In fact, I'd be happy to make them a style that resembles one of the old forum styles with a darker background. Heck, just one without a farking image behind the forum text would be a HUGE improvement.
    Terein and Guiscard like this.
  17. Kittsune New Member

Like I posted elsewhere, less room to actually post anything, about 2 inches less room . And like others here, I wear glasses and this color scheme makes me squint and hurts my eyes within minutes. And really? Facebook likes? Geeze, guys, what happened to a forum being a place to write and communicate? It's not a social competition. :(
  18. Dexella Associate Producer

Keep forum feedback here please. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.