Video lock up error message

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Skwor, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Skwor Active Member

I was able to capture a pic of the error message associated with a video lock up. Funny thing is even though the animations were frozen i could click on the screen where my hotbar buttons were and fight, I was able to cast spells, even scroll my cursor over the screen and loot a body and afterwards I teleported out but the screen remained frozen. The screen stayed frozen at the last image of the fight.

Here is a picture of the error message. Please Please Please do something about this!

http://imgur.com/JERFw
  2. Emissary Vex Active Member

3. Skwor Active Member

Thank you for the attempt but this is not the same error and not the same problem. I am not crashing to desktop or having problems with starting up the game. The problem I have and listed the error for is video lockup. Read the error message and you will see it is different. Yes the same dx9 dll may be involved but it is a different error code.
  4. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Skwor, I spoke with a few TSR's that have seen this issue. I'm going to need more info to see if there's anything else that can possibly cause this error message. Please submit a support ticket with your Dxdiag/Msinfo and pm me the ticket reference number. I'll be happy to look into it.
  5. Skwor Active Member

Thank you but I gave up. I went and spent 400$ to fix the problem and bought a new Nvidia card to replace my GTX 295. I suspect this problem is unique to the older DX 9.0c cards. After installing the GTX 660TI I have no issues at all. I did not update any drivers just installed the new card and now no video issues at all.

Oh I checked out my GTX 295 7 ways from Sunday, it is not overheating, passes any stress test I through at it, so I doubt there was a hardware issue with it. In fact the GTX 295 actually shows higher memory bandwidth than the 660ti go figure LOL.