Zuke's Ruby Stud abnormality

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lobot Omy, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Lobot Omy New Member

I was recently able to obtain Zuke's Ruby Stud for my alt. It has 2181 mana and 7 heroic wisdom. The old earring he used to have was Arctender's Glowing Hoop which has 1961 mana and 9 heroic wisdom. With no augs, I'd expect about a 190 mana upgrade (2181 - 1961 - 30 [-2 heroic wisdom]), BUT he currently loses 74 mana when he "upgrades" to the stud. I'm hoping someone can look into this and fix this.

Thanks,
    Lobot
  2. Hilo Journeyman

I did some math and your expectation seems proper. the only thing I could think of is that maybe losing the 2 Hwis put you under the ammount needed to gain the extra mana.

My understanding ( and it may not be correct ) is that you need so much +Hwhatever totaled up before a bonus to the stat is applied. You may have went under that number by 1 or 2 Hwis causing you to lose more mana than expected.
  3. Rogue Augur

Your wisdom probably isn't maxed
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Well, you gain mana for each point of heroic wisdom, but it's uneven.
    Rogue mentioned your wisdom not being maxed- you should be able to see that on your stats page, since there's a considerable difference in base wisdom between the two. Other things to consider- is your alt 100? If not, you won't obtain full stats from it. Was the alt in a group with someone with leadership AAs, and then not afterwards? Does the alt have a charm capable of fluctuating? Did you account for augs, and higher recommended level items applying to whatever they're attached to, if that is relevant?
  5. Jhenna_BB Augur

As far as Heroics go, you can't compare the heroics from a VoA item to that of a SoF item. The items were class type specific and had Heroics that worked best for those classes.

There are 4 types of All/All Item templates now (I think it's 4) Each template has a specific range of H/M/E based on what the Heroics are for all slots. If you look at all item slots that have that 10 Heroic Strength set on your Zuke's Ear the only things that vary from slot to slot is the AC, HP regen, Mana regen and the mod 3's from item to item. The Mod 2's even match for every slot on the same Template.
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

Is your alt 100? What is the recommended level on the new ear?
  7. Jhenna_BB Augur

It is 4 item templates. The simplest way to determine what items have what stats to to just look at the Heroic Stats that is +10 on the item. The templates have AC, H/M/E based on the Heroics directly.

+10 Str is the melee item template

+10 Dex is the Tank item template

+10 Agi is the Hybrid item template (personally as a Ranger I use the Dex template when available)

+10 Int/Wis is the Caster/Priest item template.

You said you were looking for Heroic Wisdom, look into the +10 Agi and the +10 Int/Wis template, those are your Hero upgrades.
  8. Ducreux Augur

Second vote for wis not being capped.

Upgrading you lose +20ish base wisdom from your old earring. I'm guessing with max planar power/veiled/earthen you managed to put yourself below your BASE wis cap and lost that mana.