Zueria Slide questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Espiritun, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Espiritun Augur

So is this just a toy? Does it have a deeper meaning?

Did this quest/item get implemented soley so that my 105 can go back to Old Kurnark to do the newly fixed Kunark quests?

OR

Might it signal the unveiling of more Kurnak zones in the next expansion?

Just looking for meaning in such a silly little quest / reward...
  2. smash Augur

Well, doubt anything with old kunark tasks or Kunark zones in next expansion. If so why are there 4 other zones not Kunark 1 which should have been EJ.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

Not to derail but what's the deal with the slide turning into an item with just heroics after clicking? I need to unequip it and place it back in my charm slot to get full stats back. Am I missing something? Also if you add augs to it you can't convert it like intended without taking all of your augs out.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

man I would imagine a charm that is just about full stats without having to wear things do tasks do this do that would be enough for peeps. its a pretty good charm for not having to do all that and if your not a raider, shrug plenty of portals in POK if you need to go somewhere.
    Warpeace and Thunderkiks like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

If you could change the destination on this without having to remove the augs it would be great.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Yeah totally agree. I have all my alts that actually use the charm set theirs to Nektulos since the book is right there. I also love there is no recast time like most ports have, (the stein with a 30 minute recast time). So all my non gate classes have a quick way to PoK. As a raider the charm is great for me as I don't use it so I can swap destinations any time. I thought it was a great reward. To each their own.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

That's because the Zueria Slide isn't just one unique item that simply cycles but rather a set of 6 unique items.
    When you click to convert the Zueria Slide to another destination the original Slide poofs and is replaced with the next one in line.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure what the thinking was behind this item. As Khat_Nip says, the limitations of EQ mean that the item has to change to another when you click it. So why it was not two items, one the charm and the other a port only item, is something only Daybreak can answer.

I get that it is easy to get with great stats, and that's why two of my toons use it. I'm not complaining. I just don't see why the limits were not noted and the port effect not placed on its own item to avoid the whole 'have to remove aug' issue. Never mind the need to re-equip it which I haven't looked at but was mentioned. Have the quest award a charm that doesn't port, and a 'port stick' that does nothing but port you and cycle through the port destinations.

Again, I'm not complaining. It's a practically free nice charm and free porting item. It's just that I wonder why the creator of the item didn't think about the problems with it and just go with making two items to get around the limits of EQ.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

If you wish to equip the item with augs and think you might need to remove the aug to change destinations carry a stack of Aug removes for the aug in it. I know this might sound silly but its really no different than some of the port clickie items that require something like portal scraps to use.
  10. segap Augur

Unless of course you keep a type 3 in your charm slot that requires a perfected distiller. Why they still insist on many type 3s requiring those, I have no idea.

The charm should summon a port clickie. That clickie should then be convertible between all the various destinations and have it's own lore group.
    Ishtass, Dre. and Fanra like this.
  11. MrMajestykx Augur

or just do what Thunderkiks said....set it to Nek the BOOK IS RIGHT THERE and port to any of the zones really on the charm in POK. Again, cant get no better a charm if a non raider or for alts without having to do anything for it really to A get it and B have the stats and not do a million silly things to max it.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Sure it would be nice to have a "perfect" item but lets face it. An instant cast port clickie with no reuse timer is damn awesome. There are items that are significantly inferior to this and take days or weeks to obtain not minutes. Think of it as a port clickie that you can equip if you choose to do so. In 6 months this thing will be unauged in most players bags and used exclusively as a port item so no point in taking more developer time away from current issues and future content.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  13. svann Augur

Honestly, I had to think a long time to choose which destination to set it to because all of them are almost equally worthless. I finally chose Nektulos because it is closest to the pok book, but then I have never used it since. 2 port anchors and a drunkards stein are all I ever need. Dont even have throne of heroes yet.
  14. GoldenFrog Augur

I like this item. Depends what you want/where you go. You want Skyfire? This is 1-click (with maybe 4 other clicks). Versus Nek->PoK->OT->Skyfire... with some running in there.

To each their own but I have some 13+ port clickies I carry, and they all get used periodically.
  15. Lily Augur

It seems pretty convenient now that most people's anchors aren't working. If my stein is down, I don't have an easy way back to the guild hall.
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

GATE POTIONS FTW
    svann likes this.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya, this isn't true. There has been a gate clicky in game with multiple non-random port destinations for many years that doesn't require you to convert anything. In the example item, it ports you to one of two places depending upon which way you are facing (or if already at one of the two port spots, to the other spot automatically). There is no reason similar logic could not be employed (facing a certain direction . . . ducking, sitting, mounted, whatever . . . different character states could equal different destinations).
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I am pretty sure you cant use a clickie or cast while ducking or sitting so this would require a change to that code for 1 item? Lets just leave well enough alone people and be grateful for an item that is pretty damn awesome as it is. Like I stated earlier instant cast, zero refresh and 6 destinations to pick from. Oh yeah and it can be used as a really good charm also if you want to use it as one. For less than a half hour of effort which is questionable effort at best this thing rocks. If enough griefers get their way we might end up with something that has an actual cast time and a minimum of 30 min reuse timer if we are lucky all for the sake of equipping and item that will be obsolete for many players by the end of the year.