Zoning sends me back to login screen 50% of time

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PaulieIrish, Nov 17, 2018.

1. PaulieIrish Journeyman

I 3box on AB and it's just about become unplayable. I figure somewhere between 20-50% of my zoning efforts fail and I end up back at the server select screen. If I try to zone all three chars, 2 may make it but 1 or 2 will not and I need to relog them to proceed.

It's very frustrating. I've seen some threads about ISP etc, but I doubt it's my ISP since 1 or 2 of the characters zone fine, while the last one will fail.

Any ideas please?

PAul
  2. Gana Augur

I have seen this problem on <insert_server_name_here> when I play multiple characters on the same machine. I solved it myself by not trying to zone multiple characters at the same time. It's slower, but faster than logging in again.
  3. Thash Zoner

This was happening to me when I came back recently. Also frequent CTD for one or more of the accounts, while zoning.

I fixed it by removing ALL of the old compatibility settings on eqgame (that I'd set years ago to prevent this) except run as administrator.

Can only hope it's something so simple. Good luck.
  4. PaulieIrish Journeyman

thanks guys

1. I appreciate the suggestion to zone each individually, but one is a wiz for the pure reason to port them together. So not really an option (

2. What do you mean by removing all of the old compatibility settings plz?

Thanks again!
    Paul
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

Deleting or renaming the eqclient.ini and allow a new one to be rebuilt.

It could also be your router, or specifically the software security aka SPI (state packet inspection). Depending on how noisy your connection is, how much jitter it has, if there is a problematic router system between the DBG servers and your computer, said packets could get hung up, then when released the secondary security, aka SPI firewall may see it as an attack and temporarily close that port.

To test, access your router UI and turn off/disable the security. Again, this is a secondary software firewall and not NAT itself. The game uses both TCP and UDP packets, but it is the flush of UDP packets that will trigger the false read on an attack.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. Arog Augur

I just had the same problem with zoning sending me to character selection screen but then got disconnected completely when I selected my character. Yes I have stable internet connection. No I am not playing more than one account.