Zone disruption by Frostfell and New Year's NPCs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Leerah Augur

These quest NPCs are beyond annoying. They are disrupting our play with their sheer numbers, fast repop times and near agro ranges.

Seriously, nobody's doing these quests so much that they need all these gnomes, predators, drunks, etc. Get rid of them, please!
  2. Randragon Augur

3. Edrick Augur

That... isn't zone disruption.
  4. smash Augur

I agree they irritating. But they not disrupting anything.

Beside maybe in Feerrott, where it is harder to HS.

Disruption as far I define it is something that is done by players.
  5. Tarrin Augur

I am sorry, unless I see it for myself I can not confirm the npcs are disrupting the zone. I will be sure to pop in after they have left to investigate the issue.
    JacklSK, Draego, Leerah and 1 other person like this.
  6. Leerah Augur

They're especially bad in Grounds where people are trying to do their dailies.
  7. Draego Augur

As to the Feerrott, the only problem I had out there today was with the spider styled "Hungary Predators" they seemed to blend in way to easily. Overall I was able to manage a few easy HS kills on some of the nameds I found up and only had to deal with adds once from the spider predators.

Not sure if I got trained when I went in from the House on my Ranger and Chanter earlier, or if there was a mob too close to the door. In general I only got tagged by these mobs in the grounds when others werent paying attention, but with FB, Mezz and Dir. Banishment it wasn't a problem.

Now in response to your original comment Leerah, I can definitely agree with the statment concerning OGV.... trying to finish off a couple of my younger toons open quests out there this morning was friggin annoying. I couldn't move 2 feet without some "Hungry Predator" seeing through my characters invis, on top of all the undead soldiers that were roaming around there at night. It got so bad the only way I was able to go take a bio-break, was to camp out at the center of the town. So depending on zone I will say the comment has merrit, as to others you may have just run into a few unfortunate encounters spurred on by other players not paying attention to their aggro.
  8. Leerah Augur

The predators are right at wiz port in spot in Brell's Rest too. Not a problem for me but can be very bad for lower level porters. I bugged their positions and fast repop times to no avail, which is why I brought the issue here. Last year, I stopped playing til Jan. 8th when the predators left. I avoided the Grounds till the clockworks left, sometime in Feb. I figure the intention of these quests wasn't to drive people out of zones.
  9. McDougal Augur

LOL I agree they need to tone it down a bit in OGV and OGH. The daily in OGH with my alt was excruciating with all those damn Gnomes skipping down the path while I'm trying to find a rat to kill :)
  10. Draego Augur

Anything directly set to attack an unsuspecting porter is highly wrong in my book. While it is not a problem for me, I do see how this could suck hardcore for anyone who has a slower to zone load system. The problem that makes it worse is that by what I have seen nearly all of the 75+ zones where the "Hungry Predators" are located all SI.

I can just see the loop cycle (and all this happening before a slower system can fully zone in):
    You have entered Brells Rest
    A Hungry Predator salivates heavily as it prepares to rend your flesh
    A Hungry Predator hits you for 2706
    A Hungry Predator hits you for 9812
    A Hungry Predator hits you for 5604
    etc.etc until
    You have been slain by A Hungry Predator
    Rezzing to spawn point
    Go through all the trouble to get rezzed rebuffed etc. etc.
    Purchase a TP crystal in Guild Hall to Brells Rest
    Unsuspend Cleric Merc
    Cast Invis and take port
    You have entered Brells Rest
    A Stupid Merc heals you for 12518 damage
    A Hungry Predator hits A Stupid Merc for 9316
    A Hungry Predator hits A Stupid Merc for 9912
    etc.etc until
    A Stupid Merc has been slain by A Hungry Predator
    etc.etc until
    Go through all the trouble to get rezzed rebuffed etc. etc. (AGAIN)
    Purchase a TP crystal in Guild Hall to Brells Rest (AGAIN)
    Unsuspend Cleric Merc (AGAIN)
    Cast Invis and take port(AGAIN)
    You have entered Brells Rest (OMG its the 3rd time)
    A Stupid Merc heals you for 12518 damage
    A Hungry Predator hits A Stupid Merc for 9316
    A Hungry Predator hits A Stupid Merc for 9912
    etc.etc until
    A Stupid Merc has been slain by A Hungry Predator
    etc.etc until
    /rude EQ
    /exit
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Mobs are not supposed to camp or wander by portal / port in (and evac) points. If they are, you need to report this as a bug.

I'm sure once someone at SOE gets back from where ever they all are (no posts by SOE since Monday) they will look into it if you bug report it. Of course, the way these things work it will likely not be fixed until after the event is over. But we can hope at least the fix stays around for future years.
  12. Edrick Augur

Augur has said that /bug reports go through a different team that filters it to the developers if deemed necessary, while contacting the developers directly on the forums gets you the fastest response. So I'd go with that route. /bug feels really unsatisfactory since you don't get a response to it.
  13. --Voodoo-- Augur

Haven't been to Brell's, but none of the holiday stuff I've seen in Feerrott, Grounds, or LP sees invis. Well, the Braxis do, but they don't attack. None of the predators, clockworks, rabbits, or drunkards do in those zones.

They are kind of a PITA in grounds, since there's not too many spots for a solo player to get the mobs for the dailies, and several of those now have holiday mobs pathing through.
  14. Fendy Augur

I do the dailies in the grounds every day and have never seen them. Just did a zone search and found once corpse for a drunkard. So I haven't found them disruptive at all.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Langya Augur

Funny thing is gonna happen. You are going to get your wish....when the Holidays are over and they get removed at their scheduled time. Until then, and this goes for 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the gripes here: Be Patient and grow a thicker skin.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If you are a druid or wizard, you can not port in inviso (unless someone else in your group casts inviso on you right after you begin casting your port spell). So it does matter if KOS mobs are camping or wandering by port in spots.

The same thing is true for any class using a port item.

As for bug reports, it may be that in-game /bug reports are vetted first by the QA team before being passed to the Devs. However, the Update Bugs 12/11/13 thread is likely to be read by the Devs as soon as they return to business.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These quest aren't in as long as the heritage revamps were in, there are plenty of other zones, just go there until these quests are over.
  18. Sinestra Augur

This is no different than heritage or fable mobs, no reason to remove them yet.
  19. Leerah Augur

There's a whole lot more of them, with faster repops; and being in hot zones where dailies are run makes them a much worse nuissance. These aren't sirens in Buried Sea where nobody but Sebbina goes.

Understand that I'm pointing this out because for every 1 person who comes here to say something, there's 50 who complain in general chat, or to their friends. And who knows how many more who cut their playtime short because of the Annoyance Factor?
  20. Draego Augur

Well you can either complain about it, not play or avoid the zones where it is happening, or find ways of dealing with it.

Or you can get your game on and beat the "Ever" loving crap out of the nuisances that SOE decided to throw in "Quest" your way.

On that note all I can say is odd, because in just about every one of those zones I got seen. If I had been on my cleric at the time I would have blamed in on the "cleric invis curse" but that wasn't the case. Guess it's just my bad luck.