Zerker's have least ADPS?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xdevlx, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Xdevlx Journeyman

There was a post in the melee section not too long ago, where someone stated that Zerkers brought the least amount to the raid game. I didn't get to comment, unfortunately, because the post got locked. I believe something was said that was against the forum ruleset, or something to that effect. Anyhow, I just wanted to add my opinion in there and point out that MONKS bring far least to a raid group than zerkers do.
    Firstly berserker's have their aura ~ "Fills those around you with bloodlust, increasing the damage that their critical strikes will cause". Secondly they have an AA which allows them to MGB their HHE disc, which also adds 50 attack (if you have the ancient cry of chaos disc). And lastly, they have their Cry Carnage ability, which ~ Increases Chance to Critical Hit by 100% with All Skills, and Increases Accuracy by 22%. Monk's basically don't bring a damn thing to the raid game. We used to be able to help with positioning mobs, but our fling ability is no longer relevant in the current raid game. I just want to be clear on this, I'm not complaining, I think monk's are in a decent spot atm, the AE change was kinda suspect, given that our AE never worked as intended for as long as I can remember, and now its all but worthless.
    Nevertheless, I'm content with the monk class. I just wanted to clear up the fact that a berserker brings much more to the table, than an equally played monk.

(All info on auras/discs/abilities was gathered from Zam, or Lucy)
  2. Kutsuu Augur

AFAIK Zerker, Ranger, Bst, Bard, Rogue, Sham is your go-to melee DPS group comp. Notice no monks needed!
  3. JPete Lorekeeper

And that's exactly why Monks need something more. Nobody in a raid would give a all if the class was just deleted and that's a shame.

#MonkLivesMatter
  4. thedragon Elder

not sure why you didn't title this "monks have the least ADPS".

I'm sure the scales will tilt by the end of the year, especially with a new expansion coming.
  5. Xdevlx Journeyman

The title is what it is because, this is what was stated in the post that I was referring to. The author was upset about the nerf and stated something along the lines of " The only thing we bring to a raid force is dps, and now it's been taken from us.". I was just letting everyone know that it's actually monks, not berserkers, that bring almost nothing to a raid force. One could argue that since the riposte change that our aura's are useful, but I'd still rather have a dps type of aura any day.
  6. Kutsuu Augur

Yeah at best that makes monk useful for tank groups... and they still won't get put in melee DPS groups.
  7. Sarcogian Augur

Hi xdevl
    Xdevlx likes this.
  8. Brudal Augur

Is Curse of the 13 fingers any good? It seems like 112 counters of 3k could add a pretty healthy amount of damage to the raid plus the 200k to the monk if all counters are used.
  9. Brohg Augur

it is quite good, but doesn't appear on parses as the monk's damage ;)

all over these boards, people are caring what their parse shows not what they're actually contributing
  10. Brudal Augur

Well that is a bit disappointing since I was trying to make a correlation that an ability may look nice on alla, lucy, raidloot or eqresource but its impact in a raid setting may be less than amazing due to various stacking issues. Our aura is nice, 30% extra crit damage for our group but the biggest impact it makes is our own parse since the rest of my groups critical rate is half or less than my own. Cry carnage never gets used over Cry havoc, the 22% accuracy boost is bad (thiefs vision is better) and the 100% increase in crits would have stacking issues with multiple classes abilities. Mbg war cry does add 60 attack and a very low hundred hands effect, that doesn't stack with quick time, fists of fury, rogues fury, ruaabri's fury, beast dicho and numerous discs; the classes that might actually benefit are warriors and shadowknights.
  11. Xdevlx Journeyman

Zomg! Hey Sarc, where the h*ll have you been? HMU in game sometime. As for your comments Brudal, you and I both forgot Berserker dicho, which gives everyone in the group 10 crippling blows, or something to that effect. Also is your point that because you guys have adps that is not amazing, that it's worse than monks nonexistent group adps? Look man, I'm not saying we should be swapping all BL, and Bards for Berserkers, I'm just saying you guy have some stuff that helps the group out, and those things are sought after to make a complete group, monk's don't have a damn thing to help the raid or group out atm, besides our dps.
  12. Riou EQResource

Best case scenario it's like 7500 dps, the only dps others gain for it would be if tank takes damage they would gain the enhanced DS, but in a raid setting the counters are taken up in 0.1 seconds so the tank likely gains 0 DS benefits in reality, in a group setting pretty much need a 2nd offensive thing to really proc it, this has minor whoever is tanking DS gains if so as well.

It doesn't echo its damage since it is a weird doom effect, so it is unknown if it can crit, or if it even really does its actual damage it lists all the time/ever. AFAIK it only has stacking issues with itself, but this is not a problem since it fires super fast.
  13. Minato Augur

Curse of the 13 doesnt warrant the time between other combat ability presses imo and i have yet to see a monk who uses it in raid settings. To the OP's question no zerks are not the least adps that is monk and even with the nerf zerks are still able to demolish parses if they want to/ know how to
  14. Brohg Augur

Curse of the 13 is 7.5k dps all day long. Those other combat ability presses are not each greater than 7500 dps, and on top of that, we must acknowledge as adults that they are actually all one button and don't need any tracking whatsoever.

As to what you haven't seen? That's neither here nor there.
  15. Minato Augur

16. Xdevlx Journeyman

This post is going off of my intended path. Yes, Curse of 13 fingers is garbage, but I really wouldn't consider that any more adps than a cleric's mark, or druid's DS. The point here is Berserker's bring a bit to help a raid out, and much more to help a raid's melee dps group. Monk's have no such thing. As for in the group game, monk's are just about unkillable if played well. I just think it would be nice if we could help a raid out in some way. I don't think we need more straight out dps, as I stated before I think we're in a pretty decent spot, and I'm content. Just saying it would be nice if monk's got something to help our raid brethren out.