Zerker

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Wuvarien, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

I'm looking at rolling a zerker, I've never played one before and struggling to find some good info online.

Can anyone tell me about them? Are they worth a spot in a group?
  2. Murphy Elder

i hear they are tops with deeps these days. however, good luck finding any good information on the web that isnt a pile of 105 specific macro mash code. i dont know of anyone on twitch that is streaming eq and a zerker. sometimes twitch streamers can be highly useful sources of game info.
  3. Derd Augur

Fun pure dps class. Use your discs as often as you can. Gear for dex and don't tank unless your slaughtering Lt. Blues. Love my alt beserker.
  4. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

I'm planning to create one on the TLP server when GoD get released.
  5. Powerranger Journeyman

Best advice would be to make your zerker heroic and take some time to go thru all the discs and abilities aa's and read what they do. That's probably gonna be your best bet. Most people here or even in game won't really be much help to an 85 with all the different ability names etc...

This is what I did when I made mine about a month ago. Best advice I can give is to sort your combat abilities by timer and pick the best/appropriate abilities for your level. Lay them out on a hot bar and turn that bar into a mash key bar. Obviously make not of which ones are discs and which are just basically attacks to use constantly. Put all these on there along with your normal abilities like frenzy, banestrike, etc and fire them off whenever the cooldowns are up.

Read thru your aa's and find the different ones and separate them out together. For instance put the dps ones together and the melee mitigation ones together and so forth.

Get your epic

Level up.

Talk to 105 zerker mains once you're closer to max level.

Get the best 2 hander you can find

Join a raid guild and start raiding and get an even better 2hander.

Don't try to tank.

In fact. Don't try to do anything except dps because you'll find that really that is all that zerkers can do. They have virtually no utility whatsoever.
  6. Tvarian Augur

I love playing my zerker, who is my main. I'm actually levelling up a bard to box with him, just so that I can utilize a tank & healer merc, because a zerker cannot tank. We're built for DPS, and in that we deliver. Some people say we're too high of DPS, but the thing is that we melee and have to watch our aggro. A good tank will keep aggro no problem, but a mediocre tank means you have to watch it. If you grab aggro, and someone doesn't get it back off of you, chances are you're laying on the ground dead, and now your DPS isn't doing anything.

A zerker is a group toon. You can molo for a while, but eventually you get to a point that it's difficult to go anywhere. I also think it's probably a harder toon to box properly, considering what we mash to get good performance out. That's why I chose a bard as a box. All he's going to do is sing a melody, pull for me, mez if the pull goes bad, and pay his tank merc. Of course, this is all for when I'm not in a group. As a zerker in a group, that's where I enjoy playing the character the most.

It's a shame that goberzerker.com is now gone. Even though it was outdated, it was a wealth of information for new zerkers to read through. They could still get information on how to play and setup, as well as see how the zerker class has evolved.