Zerker Rant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bandersnatch, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandersnatch New Member

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Considered Pure Dps:
    Berserker,Rogue,Wizard

Hybrid dps:
    Mage, Monk, Bard, Beastlord, Ranger, Necromancer

With the recent change to Disconcerting Disc I'm now finding it hard to keep up with all of the hybrids. More from a logistical position. If i'm rooted i loose mobility. If i am blind i have to assist and move to green x's on my map, and hope for the best ... If there are pre-reqs i have to wait for my hp to drop below a certain percent .

Meanwhile my discs are slowly withering away. With every second that I'm unable to hit a mob or stack discs correctly I am loosing my position on the parse... keeping in mind if I am able to stack discs correctly and I need to switch to an add that gets dragged away I then have to wait for the game to drag me over to it .... why?

Zerkers are the only pure dps class with such ridiculous pre-reqs / detrimental effects. So what lead us here ... Someone realized that the quality of play was seriously hampered by our ability to max damage. Steps were then put in place to streamline the class with unexpected results. Disconcerting Discipline made the class fun and efficient. To Say the recent nerf was a bit heavy handed would be an understatement ... My quality of life while playing is now diminished. I've always been confused by people saying nerf this class, or bring that class down to my level. We are your group members, raid members, guildies. When were are preforming well so are you ...

Monks I wanted to add them to pure dps , but as it stands they still have a sliver of utility... I say sliver, because pulling isn't "required" anymore and everyone/ class has a fade built in. Just not as frequent as monks. Monks can also take a hit or two ..... That being said monks need love too ! DB show them some love ....

Bards One heck of a class , however their dps has scaled so far behind everyone else that it's not as viable. Bards aren't kiting much anymore , they don't really need to pull much anymore, their utility has stagnated except for group buffs which are still amazing ... overhaste , dirge, quicktime , fierce eye, etc etc are all amazing abilities meant to boost their group .... but what about the bard themselves ...

Rogues Utility is great , but how often is it required anymore ... Corpse runs don't happen anymore. Mobs in most zones can see through SoS. Poisions are dated, and come on they are still using lvl 70-80 discs as their primary burns .... rogues also need work...

Wizards at one time were a force of pure destruction ... I really don't know much about them other than they are ... cough cough .... were a powerhouse of damage ... now equal to the dps of a freeze dried squirrel ... in raids at least ...

Necros dots need to be updated ... I dunno make their dots more powerful , give them less of them ... and force them to weave .... and by more powerful i mean give necros the ability to actually help kill adds efficiently. there is no way a necro can contribute on a mob that is going to die 6 seconds after assist... Powerful dots!!!

I'm sure there are some classes that really need alot of work to be brought up to where they should rightfully be. Quality of life is important. Nerfing a class to bring them down to everyone elses level isn't going to fix anything, especially since you put the change in to streamline the class in the first place. DB Disconcerting worked like a charm ... now i'm playing a clunky, attention demanding, extremely situational class.

Tonight at it's peak there were only 7 lvl 105 berserkers online on the Rathe ... 4 of them were in the co-op raid. of the 4 in the raid 2 of them openly admitted they were considering main changes ... Don't let this happen ... Give us back our 3 minutes and by all means lower the % but no where near 75% of it's effectiveness please.

for everyone else please ignore my grammar mistakes ... and support your guildmate, group mate, raid mate local Zerker
  2. Lheo Augur

Î couldnt agree more....very well written....
  3. Godwin Journeyman

Good post. I hope it gets some exposure with the devs.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Has anyone posted parses from raids last night? Zerkers haven't been given proper time to adjust fully to the changes and figure out optimal rotations post-disconcerting, but most top zerkers were pretty comfortable before disconcerting released so I'd expect last night's parses to be fairly representative of the DPS impact.

I haven't done any parsing on my zerker yet to see how big of a deal it is, so I'm curious to see what the parsed impact is.
  5. Thraine Augur

really? i think its what should have happened far sooner than now. When one class is so over powered that all other classes cant even compete with the zerker, then something is clearly out of balance.

It was getting to the point where zerkers could die a few times and still manage to top the parse night after night.

DBG made Zerkers grossly over powered, more so than any other class in the game .. the only way to fix that is to boost all other classes or nerf the zerker .. while i agree rogues and monks need a bit of work .. the easiest fix was dropping the ban hammer on the zerkers.
  6. fransisco Augur

No, it kinda fixed everything.
    Berzerkers were T1 dps before disconcerting. They still are. The class just needs to learn how to use disc combinations now instead of just pushing disconcert and kicking.
  7. kizant Augur

Wiz DPS is still pretty good. Are you doing some open raid with a bunch of random people are something? You might be seeing a very skewed picture.
  8. Mortium Elder

Wiz dps was sometimes beating me before the changes. I haven't raided anything other than Trakanon since the update, which has a lot of random deaths that cause dps parses to suffer significantly.

In our Trak raid, the top parse was a very experienced zerker. Second was a necro, followed by myself. I only died once during the fight though, and after most of my burns had been used.

Having just come back when EoK was released, I have to say that I'm very much used to the simpler side of things as a zerker. Now it seems there are masses of combos to sync with each other and it's actually all a bit of a headache to play the class. Having said that, from what I understand - if you are playing a necro for pure dps it is all about switching in and switching out gem slots which I don't wish on anybody.

Main issue with zerkers is simply having to move to get to dps range. Combining movement to mob with the struggle to find the mob if it's in a huge pile and get the right range, plus clicking off root effects and actually seeing where you are because oh right, you're blind again. At least with casters you don't have to move and usually have LOS. That has huge benefits to ease of play.

I don't find that easy to deal with at all.

However, in group mode zerkers still shine from the limited play time I've had. It just sucks to be a raiding zerker now.
  9. Godwin Journeyman

Agreed. For those of us who main a zerker, it is still a tough blow to take, and will require a significant amount of time to get over it. We were living the dream and now we have to go back to a bunch of inefficiencies in order to compete. It sucks, but life goes on.
  10. Glooping Elder

So correct me if I'm wrong here.. Disconcerting was from EOK and in beta it was already stated that it was super OP compared to other classes. Zerkers were fighting for top DPS on parses in TBM. They change this disc and now people are complaining their DPS is back down to ROF quality dps on zerkers? (This is what I've gathered from in game/forum posts). Where is the disconnect from changing a disc from this expac (granted zerkers DID get a few other minor nerfs earlier this year) horribly cripple their ability to perform?

From my viewpoint it looks like zerkers are mad that they cant just push one disc all the time and have to actually work at DPSing like before (like pretty much every other melee DPS class has to cycle discs). I know that rogues usually cycle 5-6 discs consistently to keep their DPS as high as possible.

And in reality? In EOK raids, a good shaman out parses a zerker for sustained anyways.
  11. Cleaver Augur

Changing crit mod stacking was not minor. Nerfing Furious Rampage was not minor.

In reality a zerker with ADPS is still out dpsing wizards/rogues. One class is still the only true OP class in the game and we all know who that is.
  12. Treiln Augur

A lot of gripe that I've seen is that it is now "pointless" to use their EoK disc because the reuse timer went up on it. So now it can't be spammed every 3 minutes.

Another gripe is, yes, they now have to go back to weaving other discs rather than pushing just 1 or 2 and going to town. So now they ha e to perform just like other DPS.

The funny thing is that there are Zerkers out there who admit that the nerf was a bit "heavy handed", but it doesn't make them unplayable, undesirable, or out of competitive range. It's just easy mode got taken away.

If Zerkers are outshininy every DPS class on parses by as much as they are, then it's a bit ridiculous. They needed something to bring them back into range of others. I'll agree, the nerf seems pretty harsh. It could be lessened a bit. Maybe a 50% reduction instead of 75%, and timer put midday.

As the OP said, there's no use for Rogues Utility kit, no need for a Monks pulling abilities, and you definitely don't need their DPS. So you can replace every rogue and monk with a Zerker in your raid....that doesn't seem okay does it? Zerkers will still be on top. It'll just take a little more effort than it has previously.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the devs are aiming to make all classes require thought and research to play well, rather than being simple 1-button-mashers. They wan't to force the players to make actual choices during combat(which disc/AA-combo is the best, given the current situation, etc).
  14. Godwin Journeyman

I think it has a ton to do with the changes they made to stacking abilities and also changing FR to a disc, opposed to a ability. With the removal of Disconcerting (essentially what happened here) we now have to cycle our disc's to remain competitive, which is fair. This issue is now the inefficiencies (I call them) associated with that (i.e., Having to inflict ourselves with dmg, root and blind ourselves). Do any of the other classes mentioned (i.e., Rogue/Monk/Ranger etc.,) have to deal with those types of inefficiencieswhile using their discs? (Serious question - I haven't played those characters).
  15. Sancus Augur

Ooooh is it Mages? I haven't had a good nerf in a while.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

it's obviously bards
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There are some wizard-spells(nukes, beams and pbaoes) that has negative feedback on the wizard himself, that makes them somewhat situational, but they are still used....
  18. Moldar Augur

Rangers ( from expereience) have some serious mana issues that in my opinion need to be addressed.

But as it stands in tbm mostly raid gear a ranger can barely make it through the primary burn without running out of mana. Only way to do it is ask 1 or 2 beastlords to pop an mgb paragon (during burns) ( most guilds will save this as an emergency almost raid wipe cooldown)

Needing mod rod from a mage, running glyph of lost secrets permanently (rather than the dps one - which makes little sense from a dps perspective but hey it is eq what does make sense). And usually at the end of all of that I have to while my discs are secretsensetill running hit my fade and beg a bard to give me a rally call. Wait the 30 seconds for it to fade off, then beg a cleric for QM.

I mean it works and I perform rather well using it but it is silly that a class with mana issues gets the biggest mana drain ability in the game with literally 0 way of getting mana back other than being that annoying pest on raids or in the group that is ALWAYS bumming members recovery abilities (literally full time).

Otherwise I have no complaints, great class, easy to patch heal, easy to tank in a pinch, easy and straight forward to dps with
  19. fransisco Augur

If this was done, then wizards and rogues still wouldn't be able to compete with berzerkers.

Disconcert needed to be removed from usage as a burn ability. The nerf was a fix.
  20. baramos123 Journeyman

Nerfs aside it is nice being able to actually play my class again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.