Zerker Ranged Attack Distance Needs Extended

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Angre, May 31, 2018.

1. Angre Augur

I been playing a Berserker for the last 3 years as my main now. I have had to pull mobs numerous times and getting fairly decent at it.

My biggest complaint about Berserker Ranged Attack is the distance we are limited too on the throwing skill.

The range of a Zerker's throwing skill should be extended. I have to get so close to be able to range attack, that the mob reaches me before I make it back to camp. Sometimes I die, sometimes I don't.

Lets not forget raids where a ranged approach is used. We probably have the worst distance of range then any other toon's range attack ability.. I am going to research it with my Monk/Rogue brethren.

Axe throwing for a berserker is a very important skill, and a normal trait for the berserker. Its a part of our persona. Heck, Some of our disciplines are close ranged attacks, referring to volley and axe of...

Obviously we are not normally known for pulling, but there are times that we are best fitted to pull, when the group lacks the primary pulling types. All classes pull eventually of course. I just think it would be nice to extend the range of the throwing ability to come in line with War/Pal/SK bow range. No, I am not requesting the equal distance as a bow, but some where within a respectable range for throwing vs bow should be extended.

I don't find this a game changing idea, nor is it overpowering. If Monks and Rogue's have more range on their throwing skill, then so should the Berserker! If they have the same distance as a Zerker, then all 3 classes could use an ugraded, extended range on throwing items.

Thanks you
  2. segap Augur

If Zerkers do more dps than Rogues/Monks, then so should Rogues/Monks.

Have you tried getting any of the no damage clickie items which many people use for pulling? Those should have an acceptable range.
  3. Derresh Augur

4. DaciksBB Augur

5. Tolzol Augur

Range is based on the item not the ability. The only difference between throwing and archery is the range with archery is range on bow + range on arrow i believe and i don’t think it is really that much more than the well balanced throwing knives in most cases. If you are using our axes for throwing yes the range is a lot lower but i mean think about it your throwing an axe. But i also use staff of viral flux to pull