Zerker Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, Mar 15, 2017.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

So, i know nothing about playing a zerker except that it seems like they can be in burn mode perpetually, or use their dicho ability non-stop. Is this the case? I've seen some zerkers in grind groups that seemed to be in perma-burn mode for over an hour. Thanks.

Edit: This is not a "nerf zerker" thread... I'm only asking because if what i inquired about is true, I'm definitely making a zerker like, yesterday!
  2. Cicelee Augur

I cannot wait to come back in three hours and read the comments.

As far as berserkers, they do a lot of damage right now compared to other classes.
  3. fransisco Augur

I believe their dicho is on a 30sec reuse.
  4. Brock Landers Journeyman

A well played berzerker can rotate a lot of disciplines and not drain much endurance. Sapping strength and the blood AA both can keep endurance up pretty decently. if they're grouped with a bard and beastlord they can go pretty nuts and not worry about endurance.
  5. Junior00 Elder

Using all endurance return abilities and spamming everything (except alliance) you can feasibly keep at a pretty stable endurance level. Dicho is a 1m reuse. We are in a perpetual use of a disc, Disconcerting, but our burns still have a long cooldown. Savage Spirit is 10m I believe, and Furious/Focuses Rampage are 20m still.
  6. Junior00 Elder

I agree that it could use a tone down, or other DPS classes can use a bit of tone up. It's basically reversing the roles of the wizard/enchanter combo during TDS. However, outside of a few niche raids where ranged will have a large benefit over melee I believe that Berserkers should be #1 if they are played properly. Our survivability is significantly lower than any other class in the game.
  7. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Hah, ok, nice! Thanks all for the info. Making me a zerker for sure... don't know what group or guild wouldn't benefit from that sort of sustained dps :)
  8. Coronay Augur

Isn't everyone perma burning now? If your not using/rotating your abilities, you are leaving a lot of power on the table.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

As a warrior , my opinion on it is simple .. every other dps class has different things they can do that other dps cant.

Wizzies - Ranged dps / port ..

Rogues - melee dps / super invis..

mages - ranged dps / pets

beastlords - melee dps / pets

Rangers - CC, ranged dps*(current expansion)

Monk - pulling / FD

Necromancer - FD, pet class .. (best solo class in game)

Berserkers - Pure DPS that's it. Unless I am missing something ? What other aspect can they do as well or better then the other dps classes ?

Having said this however I personally believe a 1 trick pony .. ought to be the best there is at what that 1 trick is .. over all .. however just how much better .. is something I do not have a relevant opinion on. (I favor wizzies a wee bit)
  10. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Noooo, don't spin my post to other classes. I was only asking because I can see in groups how badly zerkers can blow away the competition... unless i've just been lucky enough to group with the server's best zerkers hehe. It's really pretty incredible :)
  11. Whulfgar Augur

spin?

Using logic is now spinning something ?
  12. Junior00 Elder

It's relatively mindless, which is actually a shame because we used to rely heavily on timing, positioning and knowledge of fights. It's really quite simple to do good damage as a zerker now, pretty easy to do really good damage and then people who react and swap targets and still time things well will do the best.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Kravin Journeyman

Zerkers dicho is a 1 min timer. We have many disciplines that we can rotate but, we have one that is always up (well it's about a 3 min timer butter disc lasts ed just as long) that improves our crits so when we crit its like we are burning.
  14. Narogg Augur

I made a zerker the first zerker craze. I used to have a blast power leveling people in the grounds for hours.
    Then the Decap nerf hit them, so i put him away.

hes 105 with 9k aa. SO not even close to max now.
    He does 30- 45 k Dps with my fumbling rotation on Blue to white con EOK FM mobs.
    I have seen what you are seeing zerkers do and i am here to tell you the idea of making a new zerker and doing what you see the TBM/EOK Raid geared zerkers do is just not reality. It takes gear aa and a damn good rotation to do what you see them doing.
  15. Shinzen New Member

You're doing something very wrong. My zerk was doing 80k+ easy at 103 with EWK vendor gear. Disconcerting + Sapping + Dicho. That with your general spams and it's cake. I barely try now and i'm hitting anywhere 150-200k at 105 with around 14kaa.
  16. Narogg Augur

LOL i would guess i am. I was still using the same rotation from the grounds days.
    I don't think i even have Disconcerting sapping and dicho