Zerker needs tank for progression question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Filter, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Filter Augur

Hi all,

I am trying to go through EOK and ROS progression for my zerker. I don't raid, I log on for short stints of time when I can. My zerker (110 with 22K aa's) is my main and I have a 105 mage on the same account that I never play. My box account I have a 109 war 15K aa's (used to raid A LONG time ago on him), 108 bard (11K aa's), 105 ranger (15K aa's), 105 nec (16K aa's), 85 heroic bst, 105 monk (12K aa's and he's just there for collect free gear that rots). The bard I have been using in EOK to boost dps for my zerk and let the rest just sit collecting virtual dust. I've come to realize really quickly that there is no way I'm going to do progression without a tank. There are a few people I play with and we can do progression together but again my play time is sporadic.
    My question is this...are pet tanks or tank merc going to get me where I want to go or shall I just buckle down and gear up my war again? I've been playing with war a bit and he can tank in ROS Tier 1 but not effectively without slow. His health is all over the place. I've been trying to get back up to speed on the new discs and pairing those aa's to improve mitigation. This is helping but his gear is Tier 1 EOK group. His aug set is hAgi but I'm moving over to hDex as a group war as a focus. Taking time to PL the heoric Bst would be good I assume for the buffs, slow and pet but it would sure take a lot of time. Time I would not mind putting in if I feel the return is there. What are your thoughts and experience on this?
    Again the goal is for group progression.

Thanks!
  2. fransisco Augur

For progression missions, a pet tank cannot cut it.
    You will have situations where you need to tank 3-5 mobs, and a pet just cannot hack that. Aside from not having a chance to survive 5 seconds of that, pets have zero ae agro. It just wouldn't work.

I Cannot comment on tank mercs as I either use pets, my paladin, or a buddy plays a sk.
    jaybee7090 likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Buckle down and gear your warrior. hAgi or hDex is fine. hDex is generally better for group warriors (about the same damage avoidance, more DPS), but hDex will compete with your zerker for augs (which really isn't a big deal).
  4. Filter Augur

Thanks fellas. I was sure of this but I don't play with my pet classes the past two expansions so I really couldn't know for sure. War it is!
  5. Tucoh Augur

Filter likes this.