zerker help

Discussion in 'Melee' started by ranluwen, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ranluwen Journeyman

Hey guys, im wondering what I should be sustaining dps wise with a zerker in groups? I three box my old bard, a heroic mage, and azerker that I had leveled through hot. My mage and wizard merc both sustain around 15k, and the zerk is always around 10k.

Ive got the cotf t1 group weapon and mostly t1 group gear. I have a bot shaman so I generally have shaman buffs plus bard songs. I know that because im boxing its not always going to be the ideal dps, but I thought I could share what I spam and you guys could help me out.

I pull and slow with the bard, then switch to the mage and assist, then switch to the zerker and hit my assist key. That key has assist, battle leap, cry carnage shared viciousness. I then immediately hit my next key that has vanquishing frenzy, frenzy, brutal volley, axe of illdaera, and brutal axe throw. I then switch to the mage and hit the nuke button. If the mobs arent dying quicm, I go back to the zerker and spam my second button more.

Any help would be appreciated. It may be that I just need to spam my abilities more, but I figured id check here.
  2. Sheaffer Augur

Just to start...What songs is your bard singing? Does he have epic?
  3. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Make sure your bard is playing songs like Aria of Va'Ker, War Chorus of Protan, Kaficus' Song of Suffering and Arcane Hymn.

Swap Battle Leap for Battle Stomp unless that was a typo.

Punch in the Throat. Out of combat ability, 2min reuse, shares cooldown with Ancient: Cry of Chaos.

Add Festering Rage to your second button.

Augmented Frenzy - will require your health to be below 89% though so use Bloodfury rather than Open Wound to reduce your hp and activate it so your mercs don't go crazy.

Arcblade is useful too but is AE damage, cooldown 30 sec.

You won't see the full potential of zerker sustained dps unless you are constantly spamming these abilities during the fight like most melee. Not too sure what sustained dps you should be strifing for in group gear since I myself skipped that phase, but most likely 25k+ with a bard. (No Decap)
  4. hakmer Augur

generally speaking most raid toons shoot for 30k sustained, since u have a group weapon which is roughly 70 percent of a raid weapon i would say around 21k sustained would be optimum. at this point you cannot compare zerker sustained to any other class. We have the lowest sustained by far. If you keep comparing to casters sustained, you are gonna have a lot of disappointment.
  5. Kalipto Augur

What kind of DPS would expect a raid geared player to sustain without a bard? I never get bards in my gorup and my dps is pretty lousy right now. Running like 14k. But I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. I can burn so-so but my sustained is just terrible. It's a lot less than my other classes.
  6. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

I sustain anywhere from 20-30k dps without a bard/decap. With a bard, I am upwards to around 25-35k. Having most of your short duration skills tied to one button helps a bit, like Frenzy, Volley, Axe of **** etc, where your more endurance intensive abilities or situational abilities seperate such as Brutal Axe Throw, Cry Havoc, Shared Viciousness and Augmented Frenzy.