Zerker Burn Combos

Discussion in 'Melee' started by zomb54, Feb 21, 2013.

1. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Hi all,
    Recently brushed off my zerker (L75, 1000aa) and I need help with my Discs and AA combos. Been 5 years and I'm having a hard time remember the ideal / efficient combos. I also box an 81 shm with epic 1.5.

These are my 4 Burn hotkeys. I have scrutinized them for stacking issues and I "think" I got it right. I try to be efficient for the group game and tried to balance Dmg Mod + Crit Rate + HHE. If some veterans could chime in and say x goes with y better I'd appreciate it.

1) Ancient War Cry (HHE) + Savage Spirit (Disc timer) + Vehement Rage (dmg mod) + Epic or Havoc
    2) Berzerking (dmg mod, Disc timer) + Blinding Fury (HHE) + Shm epic or Havoc
    3) Cleaving Anger (Disc timer) + Cascading Rage (v3haste)
    4) Intensity of Resolute (dmg mod) + Vengeful Flurry (Disc timer & HHE) + Bloodpact + Epic or Havoc

Tx in advance.
    Bev
  2. Chunk Elder

www.goberserker.com has anything you want to know about the class. The discipline thread has "feel the burn" which explains stacking and our best burn combos. I think it's from VoA but nothing changed with RoF except sundering was upgraded to brutal. If you aren't at the level to use everything, use lower versions. The most important part is knowing what stacks with what since we have to hit multiple things together.
  3. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Been there, thx. Used it to build my keys, but that Feeling the Burn thread (as awesome as it is) didn't help me as much as I'd hoped. It was a good start, but I feel it applies to raiders rather than groupers. Hence I came here for help.

And aye, stacking what with what is my conundrum.
  4. Maereax Augur

There's your stacking, in that very same thread
  5. Fury Journeyman

There's a whole section in the "Feeling the Burn" thread about stacking. You don't even really have to read the whole thread. It's all summarized nicely in the first post. The info in the thread is applicable to both raiding and grouping. Also read "Spam Key Multibinds."
  6. zomb54 Lorekeeper

After intense analysis, here is my new burn setup for the group game. I built it to maximize dps over a 30 min LotD burn. It makes efficient use of Dmg Mods, HHE, v3 haste, Double Atk Mods, Crit Dmg Mods, Crit Rate Mods.

I will admit the Be-All-End-All combo is indeed RA+SS+CR+AncWC+Epic. Useable for the biggest trains or the big hp bosses. But it doesn't efficiently suit my casual game. So for what it's worth, here is me. I get a good balance of all nifty gizmos in our arsenal, including stacking the combat ability timer with AAs, and balancing HHE with v3 haste. I find it's great for AA grinding.

B1:
    CASCADING RAGE + CLEAVING ANGER + VEHEMENT RAGE + ANC-WC

B2:
    (ancient war cry still running for HHE, casc rage usually runs over for v3 haste)
    INT RESOLUTE + SAVAGE SPIRIT + EPIC/HAVOC

*** train or boss dead usually by now ***

B3:
    BLINDING FURY + BERZERKING + HAVOC + SHM EPIC + DESPERATION (go down to 50% hp at least)

B4:
    (desperation still running for v3 haste)
    VENGEFUL FURY + VEHEMENT RAGE + BLOOD PACT + EPIC/HAVOC

Yessir, everything is situational, all smart zerkers know that. KillSpree replaces VehementRage, dmg mods prolly don't stack methinks. I like making use of Desperation.

Bev
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Where do you use Reckless Abandon?
  8. zomb54 Lorekeeper

I'm not there yet. Me is 75 still. But yeah I know to throw it in with SS.
  9. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Once you are max level and have all the discs, I'll let you know now that Avenging Flurry is better than Cleaving Acrimony.