Zerker burn BP item

Discussion in 'Melee' started by mmofosho, Nov 13, 2014.

1. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Has anyone parsed whether the "Frenzy of Thule" type BPs or the "Vicious Axe Strike" type BPs gives more dmg output in our primary burn?

One has a frenzy damage bonus with unlimited clicks, and one has a limited number of procs that can fire on frenzies. The second is easy to determine the max damage, because, assuming you get all of the number of procs allowed, at a static damage number, you have your max damage.

The other is harder, because you have to have a rough idea of how many frenzies you're going to do in the duration of the buff.

Comparing these two, for example:

Unrestrainable Frenzy/Frenzy of Thule (first example)

Vicious Axe Strike (second example)
  2. Behelit Augur

last I checked the TDS bp click was bugged, it never procs. assuming its fixed/gets fixed it should be better than the old VoA bp click.
  3. mmofosho Lorekeeper

The TDS BP proc seems to be the same as the Darkwater BP (RoF) btw.
  4. Behelit Augur

no it isnt. the RoF one uses a Frenzy skill proc, the TDS on uses a Throwing skill proc, its supposed to proc from our Volley+Demolishing Axe Throw but the charges are consumed without the proc actually going off.
    RoF:
    [37502] Frenzy of Terror
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 10 Offensive Proc Casts
    4: Cast: Frenzied Blow on Skill Use (100)
    5: Limit Skill: Frenzy
    Text: You feel a surge of uncontrollable frenzy.
    Your frenzy attacks are increased in speed, inflicting an additional hit for 10000 damage.
    TDS:
    [41563] Vicious Axes
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 16 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Vicious Axe Strike on Spell Use (32000% Chance)
    2: Limit Combat Skills: Include
    3: Limit Min Level: 95
    4: Limit Class: BER
    5: Limit Bard Skill: Throwing
    Text: You channel your rage into your throwing arm.
    By focusing your rage, you cause your axe throwing disciplines to inflict 12500 additional damage.
  5. mmofosho Lorekeeper

You're right, I was just looking at the proc damage vs. the frenzy dmg bonus.
  6. Derresh Augur

If i did my math correctly.

VoA T3/T4 raid BP- Frenzy of Thule - 2031 DPS - assuming no frenzy misses and you somehow miraculously time 13 frenzy's within the 48second buff.
    TDS T1 Raid BP - Vicious Axes - 3846 DPS - assuming no resists

Ive had the t3 group TDS bp for a week or so and havent noticed it not working, logged in to double check on guild hall dummy and it infact procs and does damage
  7. Behelit Augur

mind showing the math you're talking about? in my experiences the RoF bp click doesnt proc that often and when it does its highly resisted. I have a hard time imagining you seeing anywhere near 3846dps from the RoF click at any tier.

as for the TDS bp click, I'm going by beta info in it being bugged as I've yet to get one on live. but as I said before if it is working it will be the best bp click to use.
  8. Derresh Augur

I wasnt even comparing RoF Bp click? i was only comparing VoA Raid vs TDS raid. RoF BP is poop and i pretend it doesnt even exist. :p

my math is for Max possible dps for VoA BP Frenzy of thule which is a straight 2500 damage bonus to frenzy, this is assuming 0 frenzys miss and you manage to land all 13 frenzys within 48seconds.

48 second buff / 4 sec reuse frenzy = 12 frenzys + initial frenzy that starts timer = 13 frenzys
    3 frenzy hits per frenzy x 13 frenzys in 48 seconds = 39 frenzys
    39 frenzys x 2500 damage bonus = 97500 damage in 48 seconds
    97500/48 = 2031.25 Max possible DPS for VOA raid BP

TDS T1 Raid BP Click Max possible DPS

52 Seconds to get through all 16 procs at 12500 Damage.
    16 procs x 12500 damage = 200000 damage
    200000 damage / 52 seconds = 3846.15DPS assuming no resists.
  9. Behelit Augur

bleh. me slowing up and reading might help, not sure why I read it as RoF. sorry about that.

although one thing you're leaving out on the VoA bp is that the 2500dmg was mod'd by the debuff on Overpowering Frenzy Effect making it a 3125 dmg bonus while Overpowering Frenzy Effect is active. additionally it boosts the damage on the Overpowering Frenzy line's skill attacks, making it 45 possible Frenzy hits boosted with ~75% of them at 3125dmg (or potentially all of them in a raid setting with multiple zerkers). putting the VoA's max potential at closer to 133125 dmg.

still less than the TDS click it a normal situation, but important to note that it boosts all Frenzy hits so it remains superior while tanking due to Frenzy's off Ripostes and for that reason has good synergy with Reckless disc in group content.

excited to hear that the TDS click is working though.