Zeixshi-Kar raid zone in

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daislet, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Daislet Augur

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the requesting the Zeixski-Kar raid pls?

I have CC/Kael locked out and the EW Partisan and first group mission done.
    And spent an hour now clicking all over (with 6 in raid) the big giant purple thing at about -7200, -275

Even a "general" area - is it near the top, down the bottom , middle and maybe a direction pls , like its near the NW at the bottom of dome, just to narrow down my search area would be appreciated.
    Looking thru the purple thing i can see a dragon (Z) + another what appears to be a shard (like the ones we click into to zone from old world into new world). I've tried to illusion thru , but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Riou EQResource

Do you have Shard's Landing beaten?
  3. Daislet Augur

No
  4. Deillusional Augur

You need to have beaten shards landing, CC and Kael before you can zone in or request it
  5. Daislet Augur

Ah , figures, I was just going off what Allakazam had.

Where about's is the zone in tho? :) Can PM me if you don't want it public.
  6. Daislet Augur

Meant to say - that i never got any messages "You can't click here" or etc when i was clicking around.
  7. Deillusional Augur

You just click the dome to get the expedition and to enter it.
  8. Xslia Elder

The zone in to this event, well to put it diplomatically, need work, it's very frustrating. More so then the 3000 clicks needed to get into Tower door....

Can we just get an NPC we can talk to?

You need SL, EW, CC wins - not sure how much of the tasks - partisans and 1 group mission?.

Once you have the flagging requirements - what should happen is you run up to the purple dome - a box pop's up - you say yes, and you got expedition. We have run up, over, around the base, got on top of it and jumped up and down, have tantrums on the top and then threaten to bring blow torches and melt the ground around it and still no expedition. What we find works for us is we need about 1 group of raiders with you in zone to get the box to appear - we made sure the 6 raiders we used had the flags also.

Then we have the raid wait at portal and or at the turmoil frog, once the zone loads - we have one person who zones in's to check - then we have the raid run over and zone in - however, we always have a handful of raiders that the box fail to pop up for. Then they get to do the shuffle to see what works for them - running back and forth from turmoil frog, back and froth from portal zone in, zone out and over, camp out and back, and ultimately throw tantrums on top of the purple dome. (Flagging/pushes are not the issue).

Good luck on getting the expedition and zoning in.
  9. Tobynn Augur

No need to click. Just get up close to it and the dialog window pops up. I have done all the partisan leg-work and am able to request the raid. The other day when I was finishing Hunter kills in ZKA, the window popped for me nearly every time I got up close to the dome.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I see you are in my world....All raids completed, all quests and missions completed and this dome still refuses to let me in!
    It lets the rest of the guild in!
    Will it let me zone in? No, not on your Nelly!
    This raid hates me!
    It does however give me the box to request the raid, when I'm doing group stuff!

I miss having a person to talk to...............
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Are you a Gnome?

I've had issues geting area triggers sometimes due to small or large size.

Illusion as a different size race and try it.
  12. Axxius Augur

(assuming you meant Kael win, not EW).

You don't actually need to have done any EW tasks to request or enter the EW raid. SL, CC and Kael wins are enough. Approach the crystal dome from the SE side and you get a pop-up.

However, there is still some kinda bug with it. We have several people who simply do not get that pop-up ever. They have completed all EW quests by now, and we've beaten all the raids repeatedly. And yet those same people never get that pop-up no matter what they do. They always have to banner in. NFC why.
  13. Talif Augur

Seems to be some weird numbers thing. We have a couple small guilds that raid with us (not enough people to drop a banner) and as long as we let them all go in first, we never have a problem with them getting in. People who try to get in near the end often get stuck bannering, though. Thinking it might be counting pets for the limit on clicking in or something stupid.
  14. Furro Elder

This is still horribly broken. We're consistently having issues with the last three people unable to zone in. We've tried no pets and familiars as suggested earlier in the thread to no avail. Even players with proper flags are among those unable to zone in at times.

Any developer attention to this raid would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps a NPC addition instead of the popup box in the interim until the issue(s) can be isolated and addressed.

Thanks for your time,
    Furro
    Leader of Freelance - Open Raid Team, CT Server
  15. Mistatk Augur

I have had same thing happen to me. Each raid random people cannot zone in. Would like a standard npc zone in, like other raids. This seems to have been broken for many months already.
  16. Ssark New Member

We've had the same issues, and we've tried:

1. Zoning in/out (no luck)
    2. Camping (no luck)
    3. Getting new DZ - then the problem 'moves' to someone else it seems
    4. Having raid gather at Toad's portal, have one person run up to get DZ, wait for instance to load, then run everyone over. (At this point, these solutions are getting "Mickey Mouse" in their design.)
    5. Stand on head, take two sips of wine before attempting to port in, etc.

Essentially, the raider (or DZ leader) gets no indication of what is wrong, not unlike I suppose when you tell an NPC the keyword and he spits back a little text but nothing happens. For the people who can't zone in, we've confirmed (through knowledge or /ach) that they have completed all of the previous RoF T1 raids. Having done quests in EW does not seem to matter, nor should it to those who are just attending the raid.

This being a difficult bug to reproduce or even report well on (due to lack of error messages), it seems like a reasonable request to have at least a temporary NPC, as mentioned above. I think it was a cute idea by a developer or thought leader at SoE to have a raid without one, but because of some odd wrench in the system, it's causing frustration on the part of people who show up ready to raid but have to sit on the sidelines. Sometimes that's even worse than a broken mechanic that has a workaround.

Ssark the Persistent
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Been trying to get in for 30 minutes; multi-guild raid, and not enough of my guild in to banner.

Pretty horrible bug, that's gone FAR to long without a fix.
  18. Ranar Lorekeeper

This has been a known bug for so long .... it is becoming disgraceful it has not been fixed... Everquest is a social game ... coming together with friends and guildies to overcome challenging events ... Yet this bug has been allowed to continue this long is not good policy imo.... Bannering into the event works for folks in your guild , but they don't allow the use of campfires....

If you don't want to fix the bug . at least you can allow the use of campfire's . so fellowship members can port into the instance..
  19. Boozan New Member

Ok I'll try to make this short and sweet. I was raiding with a few other players from this thread two days ago and we do open raids with multiple guilds. Five of us were locked out of our 54-53 man raid so we had to sit outside while still in the expedition for the others to complete the raid with 49. Obviously we didn't have a loot at loot nor did we receive 10 velium shards, since we were sitting outside and unable to zone in. Out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could be reimbursed for 10 velium shards since I was now locked out of that raid for several days. I petitioned a GM and had a "back and forth" conversation with him about this matter.

He failed to acknowledge that a bug exists even after I explained to him that we have done this raid multiple times before with the same players (with well over the usual 45 player piggy limit.) Still, I wanted to post one of his responses on here since many players have gotten zero feedback about this issue:

Now even though my group and I have done this raid before and also the tier 2 raids, this might be worth looking into. Everyone should ask others in their closed and open raids whether or not they have completed the "Confronting Your Fears" task for their own sake, because 1. it's worth a shot, 2. they NEVER clearly explained this to many players and 3. the chances of them doing the smart thing by adding an entrance NPC instead of having us enter the dome seem SLIM at best.
  20. Boozan New Member

Ok well I spoke to someone who has been locked out before and they have completed "Confronting your Fears" a long time ago. Oh well. I did my best.