Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles - Lag

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Religious, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Religious Elder

There seems to be an unusual amount of lag in Yxtta. I know this isn't new, but I thought i'd bring it up again in case it might be addressed. I didn't notice this lag at all on the Test server, but have experienced it in the past (Fippy) and it appears others are complaining of it as well. It's not unplayable exactly, but the zone isn't fun at all to be in. Very choppy. If this could at a minimum be looked into perhaps, myself and others would appreciate it I'm sure.
  2. Prathun Developer

There's a VERY expensive script running on the periodic idle of an NPC in Yxtta. It may not be the only problem, but it'd definitely be a contributor. I'll look into rewriting it.
    Rhaage likes this.
  3. Prathun Developer

This has been changed internally. The backflag quest that requires poisoning the water supply in Yxtta now involves using the poison item near the water source instead of an expensive script polling the zone every 5 seconds for adventurers who are near the water source that have the poison.
    Fanra, fransisco and Ryak like this.
  4. Catashe Augur

Can it be hotfixed or have to wait til August patch cause Yxxta is a living hell sometimes =\
  5. Prathun Developer

The changes to the script and the NPC can be hotfixed. The changes to the item, item spell data, and new database string cannot. A full update that involves pushing all global files and a server down will be necessary to get this change out. At the latest, this will be the August update.
  6. Ryak Augur

Maybe you can just do a hotfix to make the script run less often for now? Even something like half as often might help.