You've spent too much time in Norrath when...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

jeskola, code-zero, Herf and 3 others like this.
  2. Pappasalt Augur

When one you're playing eq geoguessr but as well when it shows you that and you instantly know it's trainer hill.

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Years ago I was driving to work and took a long on-ramp that went 270 degrees (i.e. you start off going north, bear to the east, and circle around until you are heading west). About half way through the turn i glanced to my lower right which is where my compass was on my EQ UI at the time.

Around the same time I had some EQ friends visit while they were driving through the state in November. While giving them a tour of my house I pointed to a spot in the living room and said "The Christmas Tree spawns there" without even thinking.
    Aiona, Skuz, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  4. Pullin New Member

You say things like "yeah I sent her a tell" instead of "yeah i sent her a message" when your talking to people at work.
    Sanduleak, Skuz and Crabman like this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

As a kid, I remember I would play EQ in my dreams and I would wake up with my hands where they should be, as if my pillows were my kb+m. Just with my face drooling on them.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

TWO Freeports instead of 3? Not again!
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Lumiens Augur

I still pretend like I'm a barbarian with a SoW when I'm running on the treadmill at the gym
  8. Chyron Lorekeeper

Hopefully one of them is the classic freeport.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. RABKkehhalla Elder

What does this thread have to do with TLP?
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

You start a thread in the TLP section that does not pertain to the next TLP ruleset.
    Koshk likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I mostly played TLP since 2015 is why, why would I post on the Live forums when I barely even played live the past 7 years?

TLP are more than rulesets, they are communities, my apologies if you find that concept a struggle to process.
  12. Sanduleak Journeyman

I have a lot of old chat logs from the late 90s to the mid-2000s on ICQ, AIM, Yahoo! IM, and IRC.

In some of them, there are random messages of just "r" that I completely forget about until I was going through these old files and started reading some of the conversations ago for the nostalgia feels. I remembered at this point, that basically I knew about doing this sometimes and laughed about it with another gamer/nerd friend of mine in one of the conversations. But I hadn't thought about it in nearly 20 years. So it was really funny to see and think about again.

But, yeah...

You've spent too much time in Norrath if your old chat logs have random "r" messages from you, inserted because that's how you were used to replying to someone quickly.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

My apologies the humor was lost on you.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Working from home, be very careful you don't just send a message of "r" on Slack or Teams :p
    Sanduleak likes this.
  15. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

When your main is old enough to drink (21 years old) and you've never missed a payment.
    Rijacki likes this.