You've been disconnected

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hefty Agnarr, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Hefty Agnarr New Member

I can get maybe 1 to 3 minutes in game before it crashes. This started on the 4-18 patch. Continued with the 4-20 patch

Things I've done to try to fix this.
    1) Run just one computer and with one client
    2) Download and reinstall the game fresh
    3) Update video driver
  2. Hefty Agnarr New Member

4) Tried a different account (happens on another account). So it's computer/patch related
    5) Logged in a regular non tlp server.
    Still disconnected repeatedly.
  3. Malsidious New Member

No, this is just a bad patch. everyone else is having problems too. Devs need to rollback this patch.
  4. Castlegarde New Member

What operating system, out of curiosity?
  5. Hefty Agnarr New Member

6. Castlegarde New Member

Right click your eqgame.exe, go to properties, Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7 from the drop down, hit apply.
    Give that a try and see if it behaves.
  7. Koldanar Elder

I have exactly the same problem but I am on Windows 10 pro. Any similarities on machine spec? Mine is;

Intel i7 8700k cpu
    32 GB RAM
    Gigabyte Z370 mainboard
    Twin GeForce 1080ti

Only have problem on this PC. Everything works on secondary PC and laptop.

Check your DBG file in your logs folder. Are you getting the same error as me?

[Fri Apr 20 22:17:47 2018]00712:Networking: connection terminated [clientdisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,serverdi sconnectReasonApplication]
    [Fri Apr 20 22:17:47 2018]00713:disconnected at c:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:18144 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReas onApplication

Kold
  8. Castlegarde New Member

I had similar issues to what Hefty is experiencing, and I'm on Win10 as well. Running eqgame.exe in Win7 compat mode seems (fingers crossed) to have fixed the issue for me. I have a hunch the issue has to do with the latest architectural changes DBG made and DEP/UAC not playing nicely together.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Possibly your setup isn't strong enough to run eq?
    eepok likes this.
  10. Hefty Agnarr New Member

Still getting disco'd with the windows 7 compatability.
    That's a beast of a machine.
    Mines a laptop with a i7-4720HQ, 16 gigs of ramp, 970m
    It didn't report in my character logs. Are these a different log? So far so good

Also Thank you to everyone giving me suggestions.
  11. Koldanar Elder

Yes it’s in the log folder but called DBG.txt

Kold
  12. Hefty Agnarr New Member

Sat Apr 21 17:43:55 2018]00587:Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server:DisconnectReasonApplication]
    [Sat Apr 21 17:43:55 2018]00588:disconnected at c:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:18144 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReasonApplication

[Sat Apr 21 17:43:55 2018]00589:Character is Grampa.

[Sat Apr 21 17:43:55 2018]00590:YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.
  13. Koldanar Elder

Looks like identical error in logs.

I’ve tried win 7 compatibility mode too and still get disconnected. Have done a complete fresh installation of Everquest into a new folder with no previous files. Created new character on different servers and still get the disconnects 1 min after getting in game with no warning (no lag). Client does not crash, I just get returned to server select screen.

Kold
  14. Castlegarde New Member

Odd question, but I don't suppose either of you use Killer/Bigfoot network cards?
  15. Hefty Agnarr New Member

My network adapter is listed as a
    Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1525 Wireless Network Adapter
  16. Castlegarde New Member

17. Koldanar Elder

I’m using Intel GbE LAN gaming built into Gigabye Z370 mainboard,
  18. Hefty Agnarr New Member

I updated the drivers for the killer adapter, same thing, disco.
  19. Hefty Agnarr New Member

swapped to the killer wireless, crashed too lol
  20. Mantis187 New Member

im getting a issue where i click ok to login to server and get disconnected before it gets to character select screen