Your target is too far away, get closer!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Angahran, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Angahran Augur

When bringing a mob to a group, 90% of the time (at least) the mob will stop on the exact edge of melee range where it you get, 'Your target is too far away, get closer!' while happily meleeing it's target.
    If players found a spot to stand where they could melee a mob with no fear of being hit it would be fixed within hours :p
    Enoch, Tucoh and Yinla like this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I don't think it's a bug. Most mobs have longer arms than player characters do.

I kid, I kid. But I still don't think it's a bug. It's gaming 101...npc's can only appear to be intelligent, so they are designed to play with different rules. The simplest example of this would be rubber-banding in racing games.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Melee range for characters is definitely not even remotely consistent. My drakkin SK practically has to stand nose to nose with a mob in order to hit it, while my wood elf ranger can stand like a block away and still reach it.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

They seem pretty intelligent to me.
    They stop at the exact spot where they can hit us but we can't hit them.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

6. Casquette Journeyman

EQ has always been that way. It forces you to stay interactive with the melee fight because if you get pushed just out of melee range you better move back into melee range to continue killing. Who really knows if it's intentionally designed that way though.
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

Long ago they changed it.
    I can't find the patch-note...
  8. Nniki Augur

February 21, 2001: