Your /pick system is useless because of power leveling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ultrazen, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Ultrazen Augur

I just went 3 different places with a 50's group on Vox, every one of them camped by power levelers. The entire point of the /pick system, is to allow people access to content, when there isn't enough of it available. The problem being, is that it only takes 1 person to monopolize that content.

In every one of these places, there was no /pick available, because 1 person was power leveling a couple of others. At this point, just let people choose a /pick regardless of how many people are in zone. Put a long timer on it or whatever, don't care any more. I've had my leveling destroyed by PL on both the TLP and the regular servers, more than I've played the game the last 3 days.

I don't care if people want to power level, that's how they enjoy the game, fine by me. What I do care about, is continually either being trained by them, or literally having not a single mob alive in the zone.

You are causing tremendous conflict between players because of this. Either nerf power leveling (which has always been nothing but an exploit in the first place), or make it so PL at least don't destroy an entire zone with no other option available to anyone else.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think pick was designed with older zones and power leveling in mind but rather for more current level content where there are more players playing and there are fewer alternative choices to play at. When you are talking level 50 content there are plenty of options still available if one (or three) zones are camped.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Pick system is great. I can go from an overcamped area where im waiting on mob spawns because ive got another group a few rooms over to getting an empty zone with 5+ named up for me to kill before anyone else joins the zone.

As for power leveling, yeah there isnt anything besides personal instances to completely avoid that. My recommendation is to scout ahead to different zones. There are a lot more than three places to level at 50
  4. Cats Meow Journeyman

I would like to know what 3 zones you are talking about because the best place to powerlevel before 75 is in POK! Now if you're talking about somebody camping all the named spawns then killing everything else, I understand. And yes, the /pick would be VERY nice!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I pl in LDON, that way I don't step on anyone's toes. Plenty of named just for me and my boxes!
  6. snailish Augur

I don't think pick is the problem really... and letting people have picks to themselves has been a problem elsewhere (farming items, etc.).

Be nice to see powerleveling on regular servers monetized for Daybreak:
    -account unlock character creation options to create level 30 in full tutorial gear, 51/50 in the Quarm specced gear, 65 done similar, even 75. 3 tiers of unlocks @ 5 bucks a tier. Should make some money.

I'd pay for it and use up slots on servers I haven't played on making numerous alts at each level range to testdrive... I'd end up barely playing any of them and Daybreak would be up $20. Put Heroic into this system, add 95 and make 100 the new single-pay heroic option and I think more $ and use occurs.

Then you'd only be leveling up to those ranges if you actually wanted to play the content, so should be less powerleveling in low level hotzones, or any zone. Now, named farm camps are entirely different.