Your personal favorite

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Jul 15, 2013.

1. silku Augur

So just to start a discussion because I can't sleep: What is your personal favorite four box group makeup?

For me it is either: Enchanter, Mage, Wizard, Beastlord (Cleric merc, wizard merc)
    or: Shadowknight, Shaman, Bard, Beastlord
  2. Kelefane Augur

Whatever classes that I enjoy playing the most.
    Fenudir likes this.
  3. Braveheart Augur

War, Bard, Rog, Berserker, Beast, Shaman (When Fresh)
    War, Bard, Rog, Berserker, Shaman, Cleric (Named hunting)

War, Bard, Necro, Magician, Wizard, Cleric (When i'm tired)
    War, Bard, Necro, Enchanter, Wizard, Cleric (Tired and need more CC)
    silku likes this.
  4. silku Augur

I kind of enjoy all classes. My all time favorite is the enchanter though. I do enjoy mixing it up once in a while though.
  5. Recnarp Augur

4 box?

Warrior + Healer Merc
    Wizard
    Wizard
    Wizard + Caster Merc
  6. Recnarp Augur

Double post... laggy servers and laggy forums.
  7. Tegila Augur

i dont ahve a faavorite but im going to guess if i ahd to pick itd have to be the 4 taht i play together lol, sk bard rgr druid but not boxed, own computers.

warrior 3 wizards a healer and another wizard merc is kinds..boring and creepy in some way no? lol maybe its bc it reminds me of sam deathwalker and his warrior cleric shaman wizwizwizwizwizwizwizwizwizwiz 36box crew lol
  8. Whatever Journeyman

War, Clr, Dru, Wiz, Enc, Mnk

I used to have a Necro in the group, but dropped her for the Druid. The wizard alone basically kills any named in less than 60 seconds (~150kdps discing), and any regular mob dies within 20-25 seconds (wiz doing ~50kdps). The wizard usually is doing > 75% of the damage in this group. The Druid atleast can add some instant damage and easily out DPS's the Necro on these short fights, but is still no competition for the wizard. I'd add another Wizzy, but I don't like double classes.

Warrior - main, so cannot replace

Cleric - there is no substitute for reducing incoming damage. Vie and their damage absorb aura work together to reduce incoming DPS by almost 20%. Their HP aura (adding 10% HP orso) makes healing a lot easier as overhealing is less of a problem.

Druid - DPS and backup healer, there to deal with stupid mechanics like Cleric getting charmed, stunned or DA'd -- replace with Wiz if there are no stupid mechanics to deal with

Monk - DPS and backup tank, there to deal with stupid mechanics like Warrior getting charmed, stunned or DA'd -- replace with Wiz if there are no stupid mechanics to deal with

Enchanter - CC, Slows and (A)DPS, there's no substitute for dealing with large amounts of adds (stupid mechanics again)

Wizard - DPS, basically out DPS's the entire group easily
  9. silku Augur

My friends and I are thinking of experimenting with a melee heavy group. We mostly do casters now, but we are thinking bard, warrior, ranger, beastlord, cleric, rogue(beserker)
  10. Oranges Augur

I would replace the beastlord with a shaman, don't underestimate the power of their ADPS

Melee groups should have a bard and shaman, they're way too powerful classes to skip on
    Tegila and silku like this.
  11. KC13 Augur

Chicken Almond Soo Guy, Vegetable Egg Foo Young, Garlic Spare Ribs and Beef Fried Rice. Oh, you meant EQ, NM, :p
  12. Feradach Augur

I'd recommend keeping the beastlord and replace the cleric instead. A shaman that focuses on healing AAs can easily keep up with the healing needed for a group like that along with enhancing melee DPS.
  13. Ronak Augur

SK, Bard, Shaman, Ranger.
  14. Oranges Augur

I tried a shaman as a main healer, while it's possible, it was too close for my liking often in my box group.

You have to cast slow (much improved once they introduced counterbias), and the panther (puma etc), before you can even get started on healing.

I could get healing with my cleric right away and left her doing her macro thing and always felt way more safe than with my shaman healing.

It's really a choice between more DPS or more security. If he picks the beastlord, he chooses DPS, if he picks the cleric he chooses security with a slight DPS drop.

Regardless, he should have a shaman. Shaman and bard are one of the most powerful classes in EQ.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Mage, Shaman, Cleric, Necro
  16. MrGPAC Augur

I don't like relying on mercs for anything essential. That means I need tanking, healing, pulling, and CC.

I like having backups for everything in case the hits the fan, which has lead me with this 3 box:

Bard (Pulls + CC + Emergency tank with Deftdance to get SK rezzed)
    SK (Tank + Pulls + Self heals/group heals with 2.0)...note pally could work here, but SK is more to my personal liking.
    Cleric (Heal + Rez + Pulls (pacify) + CC (root))

Cleric could be replaced by shaman or druid really...but I prefer cleric as I raid with it a lot.

If I added one thing it would be DPS...and I'd go with either the utility of a Mage (CoH + Pet as backup tank/secondary tank) or Wizard (higher DPS, ports, port to bind for travel).

~MrGPAC
  17. Frogmancer Augur

I usually do Nec/Clr/Shm/Enc. I added a Paladin recently, and have been working to get her to tank ready, so in the sixth spot I either use a tank merc (if Pally can't handle tanking the content) or a healer merc (to overheal the undergeared Pally while she's tanking).