Your best trio for Yelinak!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Noobnoob, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Noobnoob Journeyman

So I plan on playing with a couple friends when Yelinak launches and we're pretty much going Monk, Paladin, and Enchanter. I don't personally like this trio, in fact I offered to go Bard, instead of Monk, but they apparently think it will work. My question is what do you think is a good trio? I would think the old standard, Healer, DPS, Tank would be the groundwork, but apparently I'm missing something.
  2. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

The Paladin doesn't have a role in this group because the monk will be pulling, and the enchanter's pet will be tanking. He won't be able to keep the pet alive with heals or draw a lot of aggro without an actual healer.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Cleric, Enchanter, Monk. No need for a tank with charm pets and early on the Monk can tank enough until you get to the level that charm pets can hold agro.
  4. Zrender Augur

Paladins get decent heals. It isn't until luclin era that shm and dru actually pull way ahead with their percentage heals. This trio would do ok until then with Pal. Have had a group like this with pally healing before, was fine. Is it optimal, no but neither is dru or shm healer. A cleric makes the pet heals much easier, complete heal is very op for enc pets. If you're going for pretty much the ultimate trio then you will want a cleric instead of Pal. Pal can pull it off but there will be times when they're mana starved. Make sure everything is slowed by enc and it's probably fine. A mage could also replace the monk as nice dps then you just pull with enc. Enc,Clr,Mag is a killer trio too and you all get bind and gate.
  5. Haak Augur

I would swap the Paladin for a Druid. Better heals, better buffs, better mobility (SoW and ports), and can charm a wider variety of options with the addition of insects to the animal mob type. You'll level faster and more efficiently with two charmed pets than having that Paladin face-tank.

Then swap that Monk for a Necro. Now you've got a 'six-man' group with three players and three pets (a third charmed if you have nearby undead). You'll have all the buffs and DPS you could ask for. The Necro can pull, and everyone can sit back while charmed mobs shred. Your Druid has access to clarity and twitch, so they'll never run out of mana. You've got the best CC class and great backup CC with screaming terror, snares, and roots. You have lull options on all three characters for every situation, and FD on your puller if an extra layer of protection is needed.

TLDR; Druid - Enchanter - Necro. Leverage double/triple charm and profit.
  6. Brunlin Augur

Enchanter, Cleric instead of Paladin, mage instead of monk. With Enchanter, Cleric, mage, you guys will be able to fill 3 more spots easily in any camp or dungeon for that full group xp bonus.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  7. Intercept Augur

I suggest all 3 of you guys pick a class you think you will enjoy and have fun on, the content you can do might be somewhat limited, but you can get over this by slowing down or adding more people.

If you are having fun, then you already won because you are more likely to keep playing as a trio vs not having fun and maybe losing a person or losing some of their interest/fun.

You can get by a lot in this game with any class combo if you care about what you are doing vs meh kinda paying attention / not caring.

All of you pick classes you want to play first, then go from there, this is always the right answer IMO.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Your title says "best" and you have a paladin listed.

Imagine if you just read one of the dozen threads talking about 3 man/box teams.
    Lineater likes this.
  9. Overcast451 Augur

Well with that combo.. you mean just get a tank and you're good to go :)
    I think that's the 3-box I'd do too. But 2 is enough for me, personally!.

I just did Cleric/Enchanter though. So I'm thinking about a Mage/Druid or Mage/Necro next time.
  10. Noobnoob Journeyman

I actually played a magician on P99 and gave up due to the epic bottleneck and no real heals, requiring chain casting, a mechanic I absolutely hate with a passion. I think I'm going to press the issue. I do think I would rather have a magician for my main. I think magician, paladin, and enchanter would be a decent trio as well.
  11. Azuro New Member

I think i am going to try Beastlord (main), Cleric and either a Necro or Mage.
    Cant quite work out if i want a mage or necro yet.
    any feedback appreciated on mage or necro :p
  12. Uesce Journeyman

I knew a few people that wanted to main pally and boxed a chanter. It worked really well for them - pally just stuns if charm breaks. If you are a good enchanter then you know you don't need a cleric. A cleric makes it really easy but you don't need one. I used to solo on a chanter and power level alts in velks etc just using shammy regen potions. Could go 40-49 in a few hours on the alt just sitting at entrance while killing spiders up top.
  13. acidic Journeyman

pally puller is super underrated. Lull, stun, root. camp monks are best monks
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

If you are juggling a trio with pets, a mage will be less work than a necro, imo.
  15. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly I don't see the issue unless your absolutely against grouping with other people. The most optimal experience is in a group of 5-6 so just grab a healer (Cleric, Druid or Chanter) and another DPS and you all can play what you want, be that Monk, Bard, Pally, Enchanter or whatever. I mean honestly it shouldn't be hard to round out any deficiencies in your group and lets face it, it sucks to play something you don't enjoy because you have to to accommodate your friends.
  16. Wurl New Member

That group will really wish it had a dedicated healer. Honestly you could drop any of the 3 classes for any healer and your group would be better.

For the "best" trio I'd pick enchanter+cleric obviously and then personally I'd pick any tank for the third. After the cleric gets cheal then the enchanter pet will do most of the tanking, but it's super nice to have a taunt button and some AC for pet breaks. You'll also enjoy having the tank available before your group gets to 39. You could make pretty much anything work for the last slot of course, tank would just be my preference.

Ultimately it's actually pretty fun to figure out how to make non-optimal group comps work when you're playing with friends, so I'd recommend everyone just playing what you want.
  17. Falafel Lorekeeper

Any launch in classic server trio other than Enc/Mage/Dru is doing it wrong, for better or worse. Ports are just too nice in that era. If you really dont mind losing the extreme convenience of on demand ports, switch the dru for a cleric.
  18. TheAgenda Augur

People keep saying druid but I say shaman. Having the pocket malo for keeping enc pet would be incredible. Plus buffs, heals, and powerful dots.
  19. Ishbu Augur

Best trio is Enchanter Enchanter Cleric. You can tank anything, CC for days, and keep everything healed up.

Next best trio is Necro Necro Necro

If these sounds like something you and your friends dont want to do, then just play the classes you like, Anything will work in classic.
  20. Smak Augur

I dont box but my guess for best trio would be cleric, shadowknight and enchanter. sk can tank and pull, cleric heals n buffs, chanter buffs and charms or mezzes and slows. sk also has snare so it can handle alot of fights just not high dps.

Or just box 3 wizards and look for cleric+chanters to aoe with.