you might play EQ if...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by xxGriff, Apr 24, 2018.

1. xxGriff Augur

my phone rings, it's my brother.
    me:"whats up?"
    My Brother" went to Walmart for some stuff but, now I have to go back later."
    Me: "why, u forget something?"
    My Brother: "No, saw my ex and, I just did not want the aggro."
    Me:"ah, she see you?"
    My Brother:"No, I zoned to gardening! I will go back later after she camps."
  2. OrchardField Journeyman

I was watching the latest episode of “Barry” the other night, and while it’s a WoW reference, before busting into a room with a ton of armed bad guys, the man tells “Leroy Jenkins”
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There was an episode of Psych which had a great Leeroy Jenkins reference. He was the main bad guy, and even had Sean saying the name in the appropriate "Leeeeeeerrrooooyyy Jehhhhnnnkiinnnss" way. Spit my Coke the first time I saw it :)
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

You might be an EQ player if you spend 6 hours playing the game and are worse off than when you started your session.

The exp loss on death while raiding is to high!
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Sounds like a guild change is in order for you!

For the OP... I might play EQ if:

1. I spend real $$$ on heritage crates b/c I'm OCD about having all the items
    2. I don't go out to margarita night b/c I have to "raid" - the " " are for trying to even explain that to the person who invited me
    3. I have nightmares that remotely involve EQ like my main being deleted
    4. I respond to a thread about how I might play (too much) EQ
    moogs and IblisTheMage like this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

If someone asks you for an ID and you show him your Magelo...
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

I laughed at that more than I probably should have.
    adetia likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

You tell your boss, "AFK, Bio break."
  9. moogs Augur

Not even.

You view empty bottles not as refuse but as a convenience of modern life.
  10. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

You skin your cat and are mad it's only a medium quality pelt.
    Quatr likes this.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I always say "damn it wife agro and she is a red con tonight" when she is mad. I try to evac but for some darn reason she always seems to summon me and figuratively beat me to death. I have even tried to FD a couple of times but she seems to see past this ability. I tried to gate once but it just brings me back home. I am still working on my RL drunkard stein which will port me to the closes bar. I have a feeling her superior tracking skills will find me there though which will result in certain death. What's worse is she summoned two minions that repeatedly attack me throughout the day. They have this nasty spell they like to cast on me called brown death and I have a feeling they must be some kind of bard because they are always singing this horrible "NO NO NO" song that pierces the ear drums as they parade around the house destroying everything in sight.
    Sokki likes this.
  12. Grayslayer New Member

My wife and I had a dart team we called "Got Sow?" back in 2004 or so
  13. Gundolin Augur

You might play EQ ....

[IMG]

If you spend an hour trying to get him to give you a quest.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Sagarmatha Augur

You call your RL friends by their main toon's name.
  15. Feljar New Member

When you go shopping for clothing and check the tags for Race / Class
    Talonthalis and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When you stop and check out every little shiny on the ground in case it might be that missing collection item. Bah, just a beer can. But at least I was outside!
  17. Pootle Elder

After playing Fallout NV for a while i found myself reaching down to pick up a bottle cap i saw on my morning commute to work. Had to actually remind myself that i wasn't in game.
  18. Artanthos Journeyman

No exactly EQ, but I still carry my Pocket D access card in my wallet.

My wife still goes by her main's name in RL while we are among friends.
  19. Grubbie New Member

When you wake up, on your birthday, and yell "DING"
  20. Dexar Elder

1. You are stuck in traffic and think to yourself, "I should just gate out."

2. Buying your first GPS unit made you feel like a ranger.