You made a circus out of the game, the world is no longer believable and meaningless.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oranges, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Giddemore Lorekeeper

You just ruined EQ for me.
    Vouivre and Voodoman like this.
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

Ok, since OP isn't getting the other arguments...let's go a different route.

Personally I still role play, To a degree. I'm no master at it by any means as many others are, and I am certainly not 'in character' 100% of the time. I pick some simple, and some elaborate, back stories etc and play off them.

For example my pet is a tamed and fear corrupted phase spider from Necropolis, semi sentient, his crystalline body in fusible by the elemental powers my mage possess and the 'spirits' of the elementals she would normally summon. He can shapeshift, like his master, into multiple forms at will. I named him "Phasers". I have the metamorph totem from RoF pre-order, the voice graft clicky from Cazic Thule, the pet name potion from the marketplace, and a ton of petamorph wands to thank for this. Rainbow herself on the other hand is a "good" Dark Elf with an obsession with the Sirens littering Norrath's oceans. A seductress in her own right, a master of the elemental arts, betrayer of Innoruuk and outcast of Neriak. (I intend to get the Siren polymorph, hopefully, soon to be on the marketplace, as well as the original LoN mask, to finally complete her role playing set up).

As you can see, a great deal of how I roleplay relies upon items I have, and have yet to, obtain(ed) that you consider to be what is now making EQ a 'circus'. Now why It looks so screwed up in guild lobby? Cause, as previously stated, that's the afk gather spot. Tons of people, all with different tastes and, possibly, different role playing personalities, gather there in those forms, armor, dyes, and illusions. With all their items, pets, familiars, and mercenaries obtained and recruited from all across Norrath. To create some screwed up menagerie of just about everything imaginable from all across Norrath. Because that's exactly what it is, a gather spot for tons of different people from all over the planet to congregate. Go to any mall irl and tell me all the people in that mall don't look entirely different.

That's the point of this game. To allow you to take your character and build it how you want to build it and explore this virtual world with your hand crafted virtual self. Not make some cookie cutter elves and run around swinging triangle swords 3 feet from the face of an orc and still missing. I'm sorry that what is actually an amazing roleplaying tool apparently offends your immersion, but as you can see most nobody else playing this game sees this from your point of view.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

I refuse to acknowledge Dwarf Milk as a beverage. She disturbs me greatly, and I will not drink it. :(
    Cakvala likes this.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

I agree, if it were Vah Shir milk, however, I'd be ok with this.

Er.... =X
    Cakvala likes this.
  5. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Meh, I'm ok with the changes. The game is my entertainment, not my life or my job.
  6. Kirokan Journeyman

I agree that walking into Guild lobby feel disturbing.
    But ... Isn't in the same way as walking in Plane of knowledge ? Come on, it's walking in a plane ... like a walkway to gods house. What I do, because I do hate seeing a char with a snowball head or any kind of absurd stuff, I just skip the time I take in PoK/Guild lobby and make them been like they never exist.
    It do help with immersion.
  7. Sleppen Augur

It's not a big issue for me, but I sort of agree with the OP. It's not an immersion issue for me, but rather the fact that the game tends to look like a circus now. Starting way back when with some of the LoN gear, SOE has allowed a lot of really strange looking stuff. I see people riding around on really silly looking mounts (in my opinion, anyway) with goofy looking mercs and pets.

Again, it's not a big issue for me. I just roll my eyes and go about my business. If people think that they look good with that stuff, more power to them.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Funny, I thought something different. It was nice to see more uniqueness in EQ. With the Hero's Forge and the various new hats and stuff, I can tell people apart.
  9. Gladare Augur

The limited Hero's Forge gear makes more people look alike than ever before.
  10. Gladare Augur

Oh to clarify, I don't dislike the Hero's Forge gear. I just don't think they've had enough time to implement enough designs for people to diversify. Also, I would like to see players be able to equip all armor types. As a ranger, I'd like to wear leather. As it stands now, I'm stuck with chain armor that looks like plate.
  11. Mykaylla Augur

Just so you know, you can, in fact, wear leather, but you need to illusion bug it. Get yourself a set of ranger-wearable leather armour (most old school leather will be), put leather hero's forge on it, put it on, illusion to a non-player race, put your regular gear on, then click off your illusion.

Granted, it's cumbersome with zoning, but it's possible. I used to wear netted kelp graphic all the time because leather on female high elves = awesome.
  12. JERUS Augur

I do that with the robes, i have a collection.... I still think original graphic robes are >>>>>> anything since though, so much diversity.
  13. Langya Augur

Would rather have too many choices than not enough, even if some of them are in what some consider to be poor taste.
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

So much easier with Master Hunter in Shard's now.

>Get base Ally.
    >Have access to full all/all plate/chain/leather and every generic robe graphic

RBd looks so cute in leather <3
  15. JERUS Augur

by every generic robe graphic what do you mean?

I still keep an EQ folder with oldschool graphics to load up when i want to see cool armor graphics. Velious Textures + old robes >>>>>>>> anything that i've seen since. Hero's forge is cool, and I feel they've just started and more cool things will surely come but seems to have some severe limitations that make it bulky and just kinda ugly because of that. I miss seeing people with robe of the oracle with the star nipples =b
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

By base ally with Hunters of Shard's Landing, Master hunter Jilare sells all/all statless armor with 2 slot 7s and 2 slot 8s of literally every single non-Hero's Forge armor graphic in-game including all the robe graphics. Not sure what she sells at max ally yet.
  17. Axxius Augur

Almost exactly 11 years ago, Shadows of Luclin was released. Dragon-fighting heroes from the medieval fantasy world went to the moon and fought space aliens there. That's how long ago the crying about the destroyed immersion started. Since then we've been to a number of other places and seen a number of other things that 'destroyed immersion' even further. And yet EQ1 is still around, long after dozens of 'pure 100% immersion' games bit the dust.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Not really. So few people have bought it, that it's pretty unique.
    Vouivre likes this.
  19. Gladare Augur

Guess it depends on your server.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Lower Guk, ergo Classic EQ.