You made a circus out of the game, the world is no longer believable and meaningless.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oranges, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Oranges Augur

I walked through the guild lobby for 1 minute and this is what I saw. You killed immersion.

Once you destroy immersion like that there is no going back, this world is completely unbelievable, it is impossible to feel immersed when the world itself makes no sense anymore.

[IMG]
    Kirokan and Ranpha like this.
  2. Explicit Augur

A gnome with a jetpack seems extremely logical, given their lore and background.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  3. Oranges Augur

Even if one element in itself would make sense, the combination of all of them together completely breaks any former consistent art direction there was in the past.
  4. Explicit Augur

Oh, well if you were looking for consistency in EQ that ship sailed a long time ago. Though it doesn't stop most people from enjoying the game, myself included.
  5. Gnar Augur

I love the Circus.

besides the game still has enough immersion to manipulate you into making a sweet EQ collage.
    BlankStare_001 and Vouivre like this.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

I remember this same thread about Velious custom helms.
    BlankStare_001 and Jyve like this.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

Reminds me of the bar scene in Star Wars.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  8. NickDanger Elder

Yeah, cause otherwise I really believe in dragons, magick, and talking lizards and kitty cats.
    Mintalie and Leerah like this.
  9. Oranges Augur

It's pretty easy to believe in a world with dragons, but when you give someone a dragon illusion, give them the head of a snowman, give them a mount in the form of a hand you killed the other day, give them a confetti hat, ignore any color scheme or art direction, put normally KOS spiders in the lobby, employ different lighting techniques for every illusion.....
  10. Gnar Augur

What do they milk to get milk in EQ?
    BlankStare_001, Vouivre and Jyve like this.
  11. Oranges Augur

Doesn't matter, milk is a single item that doesn't break immersion, on the other hand, putting cows in the middle of a town without grass would, just like putting giant spiders in the lobby does.
  12. Gnar Augur

I was kinda hoping someone would post a collage of all the milkable creatures in EQ.
    BlankStare_001, Leerah and Ellyra like this.
  13. Cakvala Augur

I want to see a collage of milkable creatures in EQ!
  14. Guderian New Member

15. Xnao Augur

What really shatters my illusion is they can sell milk but no dairy spoons. We must craft a dairy spoon.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

17. Mykaylla Augur

Rats.
  18. Trajet D'Or Augur

#1 Immersion breaker: they lack the materials in Halas to craft a skinning knife
  19. quseio Augur

ok the snowman head dont really fit unless its christmas which it is soon, so shoosh and the only thing that i think does not really belong is that reeeetarded looking alien bird THING the gnome is rideing and amygeddon and iksar skeletons have been around forever so shoosh again for that matter so have giant hands and i think they look awesome
  20. Kutsmuffin New Member

I have to admit, I miss the time when I could look at any player and judge by the color of their armor and gfx on their weapons exactly what gear they were wearing. At the same time, they've had to update and add stuff... there are only so many colors. Some of it is annoying, but i really haven't worried about immersion in this game since Luclin.
  21. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I hated that time. Looking like everyone else is not all that fun. I honestly look forward to the time when we can much more easily make ourselves actually look unique again.
    Vouivre likes this.