You less frequent forum visitors, how many pages do you dig through this forum

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

Those that check forums every day or 2 likely don't need to check past page 1, but I am wondering about folks that check less frequently as to how deep they look into the forum pages to see what they've missed.

I was also gonna ask folks to reply w/ what page # they saw this post on, but that would be worthless, as the 1st person that replies will kick it to the top.

I am starting to think this thread is not very useful. Since those that don't frequent the forums will likely have this post down a few pages by the time they have a chance to spot it, thus not reading and replying to it.

Though maybe the silence would speak loudly to why they should expand the forums back to what they were?

I do detest having to go through up to 8 pages, at this moment( and it will keep increasing), just to find threads about Housing or Payerstudio that I would like to make another post to.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree things are vanishing too fast off the first page of posts. That may have been the intention in condensing forums though. I suspect all Daybreak games had unhappy posts that they would prefer to see vanish quickly. Streamlining the forums and increasing post volume in the General forum (Veterans here) helped achieve that.
  3. Vlad Diszno Augur

Unfortunately, they are also throwing the baby out w/ the bathwater.
  4. Knight-errant Journeyman

At the time I'm posting this there are still posts on the first page from Thursday. And the second page goes back to Monday. o_O

These forums move at a snails pace compared to a healthy, busy one.
  5. MysticOne Augur

Been checking here weekly for status of the exp issue but it's not looking good.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

I always click "What's New" then from the results I open all the threads I'm interested in reading into new tabs, then click "Mark Forums Read", and then go read.
    Repeat process the next time.
    Rhaage, Sita and Riou like this.
  7. Stickietoes Augur

I've logged in maybe 3 times since the switch happened as opposed to every day.

Way too clustered to keep track now
  8. Uuvin Augur

I never check past the 1st page. many times I don't even scroll to the bottom. Most likely that is a desired outcome of the consolidation.
  9. Riou EQResource

This
    Rhaage, Sita and Soltara like this.
  10. Hayzeus Augur

I think they prefer it that way. Issues have a much higher chance of disappearing now.

I found this thread at the top of page two. I tend to check the forums daily, and I might have missed this thread while it scrolled down the first page.

The Vets Lounge would be *much* cleaner if that would just recreate ONE forum that they should not have nuked.

/bring back Housing - Tradeskill forum
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Rhaage Augur

also
  12. Vlad Diszno Augur

What's New, eh? All this time and I don't think I've ever used that. Certainly helps finding new posts. Though if looking for older, already read posts, such as a home showcasing one to get it's address, one still has to do the laborious digging. When some of my housing threads had hit like page 8, I figured they may just as well have never existed at that point.
    Only if someone brings out the steam shovel to dig em up can they get seen again and possibly replied to. Thanks Vinney

In any case, I now have Tom Jones singing in my head
  13. Pussycat New Member

And just what song would that be?
  14. Goth Augur

I dont go past first page much anymore.. though i dont do much reading on here anymore. kinda not much to read. not to mention posting here has gotten ridiculous again. Getting banned every time you "Break" forum rules . then you cant appeal it or nothing.

IDK not much great about the forums these days. Not much good stuff to read from the staff. Not much good talk about making the game different. All hot topics are quick to be locked down and people banned.
  15. Fendy Augur

It's not unusual to be loved by anyone
    It's not unusual to have fun with anyone
    but when I see you hanging about with anyone
    It's not unusual to see me cry,
    oh I wanna' die
    It's not unusual to go out at any time
    but when I see you out and about it's such a crime
    if you should ever want to be loved by anyone,
    It's not unusual it happens every day no matter what you say
    you find it happens all the time
    love will never do what you want it to