You know your playing a fantasy game....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

When the raw material prices are more than the price of the finished goods!

I seriously hope they add more trades skill recipes in the next expansion, because the current skill ups are sucking the life out of me.

Ruven
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Nest. Dragon. Meat.

/thread
    Lilliee likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Isn't that the case for the penny?
    Fanra and svann like this.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

Thats the way trade skills, selling goods, go's in every mmorpg, I have ever played.

You try to craft for profit, it fails, and you learn you can only make money by doing the gathering professions and passing it off to the next sucker, who wants to try and level a production professions for plat/gold.

However, for your own personal use, and since of completion, not to mention racial gear, use in epics and in eq 1 all sorts of fun and neat stuff it comes in handy.
  5. SylSyl Lorekeeper

Just like in real life.
    Buy yarn at Hobby Lobby, knit a sweater, and try to sell it at a profit.
    Buy paints at BLICK, paint a landscape, and try to sell it at a profit.
    Buy beads and stamps at Michaels, make some jewelry, and try to sell it at a profit.

These sorts of things are tried IRL quite often. It doesn't take long to realize that the skills in EQ are rather generous by comparison.
    Lilliee likes this.
  6. Feznik Elder

Its rather simple, as the Krono price inflates more because plat is worthless every passing day, the value of items in bazaar will inflate in price to compensate.

Either there has to be :

1) a plat sink (tax on trading goods) or
    2) every account should have the ability to sell unlimited items (unlimited volume)

Daybreak isn't interested in doing either of those. So prices will continue to go up on every item till it hits the 2 million plat cap.
  7. svann Augur

If the materials are commonly used for skilling up then you have to count the value of the skillups.

price of mats = price of product + value of skillups

Often the value of skillup far outweighs the price of product so your mats cost will look nothing like the final product pricing.