You have been summoned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Ishtass Augur

Would it be possible to add in a level threshold for NPC summons? If I'm running through a lowbie zone full of grey cons I feel I have to be super careful...

1) Remove weapons, replace with non-riposte weapons
    2) Find all DSs within my buff list and remove them
    3) Run through area
    4) Remember to put weapons back on
    5) Remember to reapply DS

Failure to do so means mass-xenocide for things I didn't need to wipe out, especially if other folks are in the area. Plus the wasted time, though isn't a lot, just annoying that greys can toss me around.

Could be solved by summons failing to work if they're a grey con. jm2c, figured it would be an easy change and an appreciated one. Thanks!
    Arcainos, Perplexed, Thancra and 7 others like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It should also apply to stuns as well. A mob 100 levels below be shouldn't be able to stun me. Ever.
  3. Goodn Augur

Okay, I'll bite. Which zones are you referring to that have this problem? Please list them all...I'm really curious.

I cannot really think of any "lowbie" zones where you cannot evade/run past/safely ignore/just be invisible to avoid this problem. Don't monks have 20 (big exaggeration) ways to fade agro anyway?

Summoning is its own issue in the game and could deserve some re-examination in my opinion. But I'd really rather not waste Dev time on something that cannot be solved by players just spending an extra 10 seconds and avoiding the mobs they should avoid.
  4. Brohg Augur

I concur that summons should fail when the mob is grey /con.
  5. Jetboy Lorekeeper

My issue is when I'm farming super low grey cons for tradeskill drops and I get spin-stunned! C'mon!
  6. snailish Augur

Please don't spend time coding new summoning rules.

Please remove the mechanic from 99% of the NPC that currently have it. Raid boss mechanic = okay. Group level content, trash in raid zones, random named... never should of had it.
    Caell likes this.
  7. Xikteny Augur

Grey cons shouldn't be able to stun, mez, charm, summon, or silence me honestly.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Nearly all the PoP zones I check for boss spawns at.
    Thancra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Arwyn-RoV Augur

More importantly, Why can't level 105 characters summon mobs that try to walk away. You'd think we would have gained this power by now since mobs have been able to do it to us since over 60 levels ago.

Get over here, a moss snake 03, I'm not finished with YOU yet!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Caell like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wrong game!
    [IMG]

In all seriousness tho, summon pong sucks everywhere, even for non gray cons (looking at you, add wave #2 on Enslaver raid)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Smokezz like this.
  11. mackal Augur

Play a warrior? (Call of Challenge)

Also, you're a RNG, snare them :p
    Koryu likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I remember the first time I was summoned by a mob that wasn't either Lord Nagafen or Lady Vox. It was Gullerback in Burning Woods (located somewhere around the Burned Woods!).

I have so much hate for that mechanic still to this day.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Zheros Lorekeeper

Grey con mobs should be instantly relegated to the realm of being used as TP.....cause we all know and are tired of the phrase "did I just step in sh**".
  14. Zheros Lorekeeper

Or a Pally (Divine Call)

Right game wrong mechanics........
    FINISH HIM!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. mackal Augur

I was more thinking about how Call of Challenge which disables their fleeing :p
  16. Cicelee Augur

I will never forget five months ago when I decided I wanted a dispell wrist clickie from Aten Ha Ra in Vex Thal. The chain summoning after gathering up 30+ mobs was incredible...
    Ishtass and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Xdevlx Journeyman

I swarm a lot for some of my lower toons, so try what I do. Set up a bandolier slot with a trophy or some other non damage item in there. As for DS, I can't recall a last time I got summoned by ds damage on a mob. Just my .02 though
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Agree with removing it from non-named and non-raid mobs.

At this point I'd settle on non-exp cons or maybe blue-con or lower mobs being unable to summon you.

Maybe limiting to being summoned once every 5 seconds or something, nothing is more annoying than AEing 50 summoning mobs in some old zone and not being able to channel anything from mass summons.
  19. moogs Augur

It's annoying pulling mobs to PL with damage shield. If I get distracted and forget to click off DS between pulls, the chain summoning makes me feel like a human yo-yo. If I can't stun, mez, pacify, silence (ok, screw silence but that's another topic) etc. a trash mob higher than 3 levels above me, why should it be able to do this to me? Never mind that I can't summon at all. I'd be fine if there was a level difference of 20 or 30. I think that any named (group or raid) could keep their summoning ability but trash mobs 50 levels below me? Get out.
  20. Taiqwon Augur

We had this but it got nerfed to hell (MM) /mourn
    Xdevlx, Ishtass and Koryu like this.