You can unlock TBM now...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sam Hyde, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imukai Augur

If you think they did it because of you or this post, lol.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Supporting the game so freeloaders like yourself can play the game is throwing our money away? Instead of acting like you actually had anything to do with this decision maybe you should thank everyone who throws their money away so you can benefit from the EQ version of the welfare program. When you stand in line at the grocery store with your EBT card do you laugh at the other customers because they went to work today and paid their taxes so you could eat? If so this truly is a sad world we live in. Take your free crap knowing you are a non contributor and do something with yourself instead of gloating about how cheap you actually are.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

How about a small dose of realism. The expansions may now be F2P, but you still have to subscribe for at least a month to auto-grant yourself their AAs. Without those, little if any of the content from the expansions in question can be completed molo, or even 3-box molo, as an F2P player.

The F2P unlock of these expansions matters to players such as myself who subscribe part-time but not full-year-round, quite often because our RL schedules don't allow full-time play. Personally, I do not believe there is a single player in the history of the game who has F2Ped a main from level 1 through the end of CotF progression, never mind TDS. If there are any such players, they are sufficiently rare that I guarantee you Daybreak isn't wasting a moment's thought considering them.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Incorrect.

The AAs from TBM and EOK are not yet available for auto-grant. This latest expac unlocked TDS for auto-grant AAs.

It's always the last four (including current) which are not auto-granted. So, that's TBL, RoS, EoK and TBM.
  5. Captain Video Augur

Then you have to subscribe to even be able to grind the AAs, which was the point I was trying to make. This whole debate about suckers vs. freeloaders is silly.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Its not a silly debate if to many people get in the mindset of "why pay for something if I can get it for free". This mentality overall is unhealthy for progress and sustainability of things in the long run. I think the overall number of people that fall into this mindset is still in the minority which is the good thing but if to many people take on this mentality it means either the greater population will have to pay more to enjoy the same things or the things we all enjoy go away. The contributions for a couple months worth of subs from an individual are not enough to sustain live servers long term and the ftp model I don't think was designed to function that way for a product like this. I have no problem with someone having a mix of ftp and current accounts as long as they are still contributing more than they are taking. I do have a problem with people that think they are owed something simply for showing up and being present.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

The other side of the argument is that the world needs to feel full and active for those of us who do actually pay. And then you need to have opportunities to convert FTP to paid.
    These are reasons why games get FTP, in planetside some people referred to the ftp people as fodderside really ftp in that game was so paying people would have someone to shoot.
  8. haaaalp Augur

Daaaayyuuuum, Sam Hyde's broke just got DESTROYED.
  9. Brohg Augur

btw, WTS 1 meeeeellion Minor/Lesser/Median/Greater/Glowing Essence of Life
  10. Khaliss Augur

so wait, when are TBM & EoK going to be unlocked... tomorrow?? I was going to take a month-long break, but if this is for real... I'll be playing again tomorrow with my boxed alts!
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Never understood.. how the ftp players.. felt they had any rights to #itch about free content..

Can some one logically explain that 1 to me ??
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's like Ron White's explanation about the right to remain silent. He had the right, but not the ability ;)

In this case, many feel they don't have the right, but they do have the ability, so, no surprise they do complain.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Khaliss Augur

it's nice to have FTP access to "somewhat obsolete" expansions... it's a good thing. I'm not one of those freeloaders, I've purchased the lifetime subscription for my main ($300), and 6 expacs (RoS, $200?) just over a year ago for each of my alts. Now, I'm trying to level more alts as I want to try every class out there. Some of us are just casual players, and appreciate it whenever Daybreak throws us a little something every now and then.
    Kiev and Whulfgar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.