You can now hear private messages from outside your namespace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Drewie Augur

I randomly found out that typing ;i in game shows either :
    or
    Any idea what this means ? Is that related to the /i command that supposedly lists the names of people currently being ignored ?
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

its so you can friend/ignore people from other servers
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Would ignore the whole server then? No more ignoring one person by typing the /ignore whoever.whicheverserver?

This is interesting. If I do the /i then i bet my list of ignored players from other servers. But if I do the ;i those same names do not show.
    If I look under my muted option I see a list of muted players which once again do not show up under ;i
  4. Nniki Augur

The ;ignore command makes it so you won't receive cross server tells at all. You can't ignore specific individuals for cross server tells; it's all or nothing. You'll still see messages from everyone in channels.

Namespace just refers to your server. You can check it with the ;namespace command.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

if you use ;ignore servername.charactername you can definitely ignore 1 person from a server and not the whole server. great for ignoring cross server spammers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Nniki Augur

That's the /ignore command, not the ;ignore command. It only works for messages in a channel. It unfortunately won't prevent cross server tells.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Ah yes.. Thankfully I don't get cross server spam tells.. just those ones in channels.. and soo nice to be able to ignore them and still talk to others from those servers.
    Nniki likes this.