You can no longer illusion through doors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roadgame, Dec 9, 2016.

1. fransisco Augur

There is a difference between "invite a friend" and have a friend of a specific class.
    The problem is that content is locked away unless you are a specific class (rogue or bard).
    As well:
    1. Not everyone knows a rogue/bard
    2. The rogue/bard may not want to come

The game has been designed so that you do not need a specific class to function. Sony stopped making locked doors because they violated that design idea.
    Fanra and Nandary Griefs like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Personally I don't mind the door trick being removed that much. But using Goblin Dojo as an example of a good implementation of needing other people to progress?!? I can't imagine a worse design than having to ask 5 friends (or load 5 boxes) to complete a fight you could otherwise do solo with no effort or danger whatsoever.
  3. Kassus New Member

Bard/rogue is not a specific class to pick lock, much like having a War/Sk/Pal is not a specific class to tank or Sham/Druid/Clr is not specific healer. You have choices. Every class cannot do everything (although some get close). That is what makes EQ great. Class matters. Its one of the last MMOs where that is true. As far as them not wanting to come, a healer type may not want to come to a raid but if they dont its going to be next to impossible.

Most old all raid content still requires multiple people to start. I have got my epic 2.0 on several characters. Anguish is super easy solo for pretty much any class. Yet you still have to have multiple people to start the expedition. Most things they do not change just to make it easier. Doors are there to make it more difficult to pass. They are there for the same reason they were originally there, just like having raid expeditions for most all content is still there that required it in the past.

____

I'm not sure why so many people have a problem relying on others in a MMO. Its multiplayer for a reason. I remember a time when people enjoyed playing with each other....
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You can request Anguish all by yourself. Just put offline alts in the group. :)
  5. svann Augur

Until they get around to fixing that exploit.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Ishtass Augur

And just like the illusion trick, why? Does forcing 5 friends to join your group so you can get an instance and then boot them increase enjoyment? Does it make the game more fun? Pointless bottlenecks only detract from enjoyment. A long time ago they served a purpose, now they don't.
  7. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

But I'll bet they fix it anyway because of the TLPs. This seems to be the reason they fix all the old issues.
  8. Azmadius Journeyman

A fix that would work on all fronts would be to program locked doors to automatically open if you are a certain level above the zone level. I don't think thats too much to ask for considering the stealth nerf and some doors are rogue only. I think its terrible that this gets nerfed now after its been acceptable all these years.. For some perspective its been accepted longer than world of warcraft has existed... stop and think about that one lol. And logically.. there is no reason simple doors are barred off from characters who have slain gods, dragons, saved the world, and have adventured to the moon. Surely by now someone has figured out how to bust through some stone.
    Ssdar, Fanra, Rivitt and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Doesn't the AAAA or whatever item give everyone the ability to pick locks?
  10. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

No, it requires a target (like a chest).
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The AAAA really had potential but it was only used on one zone, which makes me sad. I still carry it around with me even though I haven't done a Dead Hills HA in two+ years.
  12. Thraine Augur

I never thought the TLPs would so negatively effect the real servers is so many ways. At this point it just becoming annoying ... is Pantheon out yet? :p
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

It is useful in other zones as well - including Neriak 4th and Arx Mentis HAs.
  14. GoldenFrog Augur

This is the game. Does sitting for 10 minutes waiting for a Wizard Spire to port you to Luclin increase enjoyment?

However they have made massive changes to dumb down the game and simplify it for people complaining just as you are; blurring class lines to an absurd degree, /advloot, mercs and 100 other changes to placate and satisfy.

If you are occasionally "put out" to need to find 5 people or alts to enter a *12-year-old raid instance*, there's very little sympathy you'll find from me.
  15. fransisco Augur

I take it you walked to school up hill both ways through 20ft of snow with wolves prowling for lone children, and you liked it that way.
  16. Ishtass Augur

That's cool, luckily I'm not looking to you. You're entitled to your opinion.
  17. Rivitt Elder

I've been begging them to separate the code/servers for years. Revert us to the 2014 rules. We pay for subscriptions too.
    Shaantara likes this.
  18. Orienn TreeHugger

Ya RIP my farm spot for tribute :mad:
  19. YellowBelly Augur

Its disheartening to see the toxic reek of the tlp servers creep to live.
    Rivitt likes this.
  20. Smak Augur

Now that we cannot bypass locked doors, are developers going to repair the broken sebilis crypt key quest that supposedly uses the vial/ink dropped off the frogloks inside it?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Ssdar and Rivitt like this.