You can no longer illusion through doors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roadgame, Dec 9, 2016.

1. moogs Augur

I was referring to so-called native English speakers.
  2. Critts Augur

Ruby red hinge polish
    Reht and svann like this.
  3. Ishtass Augur

As I sit here stuck in Sebilis behind Trak door... /rude DBG.

Not the fastest run to get here, and every time I want to go behind this door I have to run all the way back out again. Undo this garbage.
    Xanathol and Nandary Griefs like this.
  4. EnchFWO Augur

Unimpressed that the best derail/trolling of this thread is a discussion on rouge vs rogue. Step it up people.

Anyhow, this is like the "blue version" of SOS2 from Zek except everyone wants a Rogue instead of wanting them banished to the depths of hell.

I'm betting there was an instance of door-illusioning for one or two particular events that caused a massive issue somewhere else that led to the decision to fix doors for everyone, everywhere. I'll let you guys take a guess at the origins of addressing said 17 y/o 'feature', sorry, I mean bug, er, actually exploit? If you are in the latter camp then congrats on getting perhaps the oldest and insignificant of things fixed. A historical moment indeed. :rolleyes:

If they really wanna go this route they should at least make a key available to all of the doors even if it's stupid hard to get because needing a rogue for 16+ y/o content now is beyond ridiculous.
    Fanra, Xanathol and Vdidar like this.
  5. Vdidar Augur

more TLP poison lol
    Act of Valor and EnchFWO like this.
  6. Fnyanea Augur

I assume this means that they have fixed all of the HA/missions with scripts that are ment to unlock doors but don't 20% of the time? So we don't need to illusion through doors to get around their bugs they never fix?
    Fanra likes this.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

What's ironic to me is the 'poison' didn't have anything to do with doors if we're thinking of the same thing. More along the lines of a roof.

Edit: Actually I can think of one or two TLP doors that could have spawned this from Luclin.
  8. Vdidar Augur

I was using poison in the general sense of how not seperating the tlp and live has led to live suffering from the poisonous curse tlp injects into it.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Gotcha, my mistake.

I thought you were referring to the recent incident that I happened to read through when servers crashed a few weeks ago where door and geometry bugging basically became the highlight of a being a "champion" thread. :rolleyes: Entertaining regardless.

Anyhow... /runs to PoTranq to look at new Rogues skilling up picklock.
  10. Vdidar Augur

I did not catch that thread but I am sure it was great. It is getting old though every time they have to deal with TLP it costs us something. Why do we have to go backwards so they can go forward for the 5th time.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  11. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

Furious! There are locked doors with no keys in the game! There are zones where you can't coth even if a rogue doesn't open it for you.

STOP breaking stuff when you haven't fixed the current problems!
  12. fransisco Augur

Time for a tinkered lock pick usable by all.
  13. Xanathol Augur

Purchasable via the market place I bet!
  14. fransisco Augur

However you get it, it needs to be in the game - though of course it shouldn't open doors that require flags (Like enterance to Seru's building).

No content should require 1 specific class. It is horrible design.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

I think perhaps it was "fixed" because of this thread regarding PoP progression mobs. I may, of course, be wrong but the timing seems too on the nose.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Makes me miss our Vets lounge mocking-TLP-idiocy-posts-of-the-day thread. Those were great forum times. RIP :(
    Vdidar likes this.
  17. Nolrog Augur

And when people get inconvenienced, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset . . . . People die.
    snailish, Fanra, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bard_Bard Journeyman

19. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

Hey fools. How are we supposed to attune for Plane of Shadow now? You really didn't think this through!
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You don't have to go through any locked doors to attune for PoShadow. Or was this some type of troll that went over my head?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.