You can no longer illusion through doors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roadgame, Dec 9, 2016.

1. catcattank Elder

I dunno I never used the "trick" and ultimately it just sounds like a first world problem.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Everything in Everquest is a first world problem in that case.
    mackal likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

DBG does not make any changes based on FTP. This change would really only affect TLP and Quarm-type servers, which aren't open to F2P (and discourage boxing).

Consider: there are no locked doors in the entire Empires of Kunark expansion, as far as I know.
  4. Makavien Augur

Well hopefully they fix the doors that won't open in tbm raid and the crypt of sul instances which should be fixed before they fix a stupid collision bug that's been around since original kunark.
  5. mackal Augur

Maybe this was fixed by accident with the directx upgrade :p

A friend did let me know he did illusion through a door last night.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  6. svann Augur

Next expansion they will give us an aa so anyone can lockpick.
  7. Bigfan Augur

Not tried jailer in Droga I see. 5 locked doors, only picklock or shrink can get around it, gonna be a pain if this affects this, as if you get banished to jail. Good luck :)
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Aha - you are right! I haven't tried him yet. But if shrink works, it's not exactly locked.
  9. Azra New Member

With all of these 17 year old fixes, can we get mobs to stop warping through floors and walls? They are cheating when they do that and its gone on long enough.
  10. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

Doesn't the Sebilis pyramid have a locked door?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  11. Ishtass Augur

What's your point? Eok doesn't have Sebilis
  12. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

My bad. Was thinking of Ruins of Kunark.
  13. Murphy Elder

Oh god you can't cheat anymore!!!1111!!!! Some one hold me.
  14. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Old Seb? Sheeeeeeetttt, I often would grab a pair or two of the Fabled JBoots to hand out to lowbies on FV. Guess I can't anymore.

For anyone that doesn't know, the fabled namer that drops the Fabled Jboots is locked behind a door and you can illusion through. Well, if this goes to live, guess you can't anymore.

*sadface*
  15. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

People in WoW spell it rouge too, for some asinine reason. Although, you can almost excuse WoW players, since majority of them are "special" little snowflakes. :p
  16. moogs Augur

It's not any kind of "alternate" spelling. It's just a common spelling mistake by people that don't speak English very well, and definitely don't speak French at all.
  17. karmalious Lorekeeper

Another case of DBG thought process:
    If it ain't broke, let's try to fix it.
    If it is broke, lets just fix something else.
    #Landmark, #EqNext #Eq1
  18. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

There are a lot of native English speakers that have spelled it rouge; either ironically or they lack spelling skills.
    Reht likes this.
  19. Khat_Nip Meow

I doubt anyone is spelling rogue as rouge on purpose unless they like looking stupid.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  20. YellowBelly Augur

Or maybe because it's fun to troll the people who rage about the spelling of rogue. There is something about that particular word and using a "u" that brings out the rage in folks like nothing else. It's not exclusive to the EQ forums either. It's fun to see who is quickest to take the bait.